Page 64 of 134 FirstFirst ... 143954616263646566677489114 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

Sorry to hear about your headaches, Kim I used to get a lot of migraine headaches, and then once I went through menopause, that stopped. I hope the doctors don't find anything seriously wrong with you, and they are able to help you manage your headaches. I used to have to cut my headaches off at the pass. I would take ibuprofen the minute that I felt one coming on, and luckily that helped a great deal. However, many times they got really bad, and I would get nauseous and I would have to go to bed. A good sleep would make them less severe, but not always go away.

My husband is out to lunch with his fellow workers. They drove into Chicago, and he walked to meet them at a nearby restaurant.

The furnace guy got here early today. So now I am set for another year.

I got the Disney guidebooks that I ordered from Barnes and Noble. I was just sitting down to check them out, before I checked into MiceChat.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Kim!!!! Good gravy girl!! Sending some good thoughts and hugs your way!! I hope the docs figure out what is going on and can fix it! Be sure and keep us in the loop and let us know what is going on!!

Well... moms just do stuff for their kids because... thats what us moms do. But even my son in law called me and thanked me for doing stuff for them and said he hoped that someday they would be able to take care of me like I've tried to take care of them.... *sniff* Yeah, I gots pretty good kids...

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My kids really came through for my husband and I during his recent hospitalization. They were all there physically, and emotionally as well. I guess when the going gets tough, we find out who we really can count on.

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Kim I'm so sorry about your health. I understand that it can be scary. Things will be okay. You'll find out more with the test results.

Glad your husband is back home Barbara. Sounds like he is doing well.

And it's pretty hot again here today. Guess I should enjoy it since it's October, probably the last of the summer heat we'll be getting.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Thanks Lori.

I have been watching your signature countdown. How many days will you be visiting Disneyland on your up and coming vacation?

•   

Your welcome Barbara.

We'll be there for 4 days. We fly in on a Thursday morning and fly back on Sunday evening. So maybe more like 3 1/2 days since Thursday and Sunday aren't full days, but I figure close enough

Then after that, who knows when I'll be visiting again since my pass will expire on my last day there. Everything about Disneyland is just so expensive now. I've literally watched the deluxe and premium APs double in price over the past 5 years or so. That and the prices of hotels have come back up as well, the travel industry finally made a rebound about a year ago or so.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am happy for you that you will be able to get one more trip in before your pass expires.

I am actually thinking of purchasing an annual pass myself. My husband is encouraging me to travel using our hotel timeshare points, which means I may finally be able to visit Disneyland both in January, and perhaps next October for Halloween. I have never been there in the Fall.

•   

That's awesome Barbara. Traveling is fun, that is something that I love to do myself, whether it's to the DLR or other places around the world.

I've had an AP since 2007. I've enjoyed it. I've been in the Fall once. It was really crowded. Between it being Gay Days wknd and I think Choc Walk and possibly a dance competition, all of which I didn't realize was happening. I enjoyed the fireworks a lot at that time of the year.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Not having to pay for a hotel on my trip will allow me to take more trips, and getting an AP should definitely help as well. A 5 day parkhopper just doesn't do it. I like going for longer than a 5 day trip. I don't buy too many souvenirs, but I guess I'll get a small discount in restaurants.

Hopefully I won't get snowed in this January, like I did the last time I went in January.

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by coopercaseycody View Post
    Hello my RCMC family. I am sorry I have been M.I.A. as of late, but you guys have been in my thoughts!

Now I need your thoughts and warm fuzzies! I have been suffering from severe headaches for about 2 years now. They have progressively gotten worse. I was so sick, I had to call my parents to come and pick my kids up from school this week. I am scared like I have never been scared in my life. I went to urgent care on Monday and got a shot for my nausea and one for the pain. I also had a CT scan. Waiting to for the results. I am really really scared here. I hate doctors and hospitals and don't want to be in one for any reason. The medicine the doctor gave me for pain is for every 6 hours and it lasts only about 3 hours.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know how much you guys mean to me. I love our little random corner of the internet. Sorry to just drop in and lay this all on you, but I need a little group hug. Actually a great big group hug! And a churro.

KIMMY /my baby sister
    I'am so sad to hear ,that you are not feeling well !
    I knew that you been under lot's of stress
    But did not had the concept you having severe headaches ...........
    You already know,that YOU are in my deep though's and PRAYER's .....
    I just wish,I knew how big brother can encourage your heart......
    and let you know...you not alone.......
    I pray for healing and strength......and know...
    I want you soaring with big brother EAGLE......
    Jim

this for my CCC friends
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Is this week over yet? Good gravy I can't believe its only Thursday tomorrow. Of course I don't know why I'm rushing it since I have to work this weekend so its not like I get to goof off. Maybe its a good thing the week is going slow?

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

This week has dragged on for me as well, Jody. I can't believe that tomorrow is just Thursday either. My husband and I need to do some grocery shopping. It didn't get done due to his hospital stay.

I better get to bed.

•   

And now I don't feel good. I blame the flu shot I got last Saturday. Have a 101 fever, stuffy head, feel hot. Why do I get a flu shot every year? Thought its supposed to help you.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Barbaraann I am so glad to hear that your husband is out of the hospital.

Right now, I take ten different medications. Thank goodness for Kathleen's insurance. Thw co-pays alone cost me over $100 dollars a month.

And that doesn't count the meds that Walgreens delivers to me every week after my recent hospital stay. I get two IV bags, and an injectible antibiotic. Bags twice a day, the other one once.

Lots of doctor visits too. And whose fault is it? My own. If I could talk to that 27-year old in my avatar, I sure would.

But I am grateful. I am still here. Still with another chance, on the right side of the grass.

Regards the flu shot...I got mine when I was in the hospital. They offered it, and I was like...you're sticking me like a pin cushion anyway, so why not? (I said it with a smile).

Kathleen often gets sick after getting her shot. She says its a trade of a few days of feeling bad, to skip the potential longer period of feeling really bad.

I am so glad you are all here.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• sleepy lagoon

Kim!!

I can't imagine what you must be dealing with. Health issues are the worst, because we have so little control. I will be praying for you!!

If you need anything at all, don't hesitate to let me know. I am not too far from you and would be honored to help my sister out in anyway I can.

Hang in there.

Love ya!