Page 66 of 134 FirstFirst ... 164156636465666768697691116 ... LastLast

• sleepy lagoon

Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

Hey Barry!! How are ya?

Hello Lori!! I have missed seeing you around. Yes, I went back to work. No rest for the weary to be sure.... And yes! The baby is getting big. He will be one year old on the 12th. Such a cutie. But a handful. That kid is never content with anything.... So cool you have a DL trip planned. Perhaps I will get a chance to say hi to you guys while you're here....

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Morning Crazy Loons!

I got VIP Suite tickets for a Minor League Hockey pre-season game tonight...should be fun and something different.

Then tomorrow, Halloween costume shopping!

---------- Post added 10-05-2012 at 08:48 AM ----------

Today my husband and I are going down to the Social Security office. Yes, I am an old lady of 65. Our goal is for my husband to apply for his benefits, and then defer them. By doing that, I can then apply for benefits on his work record, since I don't have one of my own. Once I begin getting a Social Security check, I can begin paying down all the bills I made when I remodeled our attic. My husband can keep working and his Social Security amount can continue to grow up until age 70. Once we do this my husband can then retire at anytime he wants between now and the mandatory age of 70. His benefits will be prorated between now and then.[/QUOTE]

My dad is 62 and he just retired this past year and he just got disablity benefits approved and was even entitled to a pro-rated amount. He doesn't get social security yet I don't think. My mother is handling all of that, it tires her out.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I was reading Norman (Fishbulb) Gidney's writeup on the Parks update right now. He was writing on big increases in the prices of impulse buy souvenirs, and outdoor vending things like Dasani and Vitamin Water and such. I love this quote...

A similar tactic continues to be utilized in the astounding increases for pricing of Annual passes. They are beginning to see the tipping point there with many long time passholders are deciding not to renew. Disneyland was, at one time, something that many families could enjoy at least once a year. Not anymore. Now, unless you plan well ahead by bringing your own food and water, you may find yourself priced right out of the park. Sad.
    It's really true. It has affected my ability to attend the parks.

And here in Southern California the price of gasoline in going crazy. Prices are rising even faster than a bottle of water at a churro stand. Believe it or not.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I was reading Norman (Fishbulb) Gidney's writeup on the Parks update right now. He was writing on big increases in the prices of impulse buy souvenirs, and outdoor vending things like Dasani and Vitamin Water and such. I love this quote...

It's really true. It has affected my ability to attend the parks.

And here in Southern California the price of gasoline in going crazy. Prices are rising even faster than a bottle of water at a churro stand. Believe it or not.

Gas is ridiculous. I do not have a guzzler and do not drive that far for work commute but I now have to take into consideration my trips from Inland Empire to Anaheim which I never had to think about before. But $5 a gallon...is insane. I can't imagine how the prices really hurt those with SUV's.
    Last edited by clara; 10-05-2012 at 09:02 AM.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Yup, my days as an annual passholder are over, and hence my trips to the park... for now. I'll still go to the anniversary meet in January, but after that... I'm done for a while. Sad that I will probably only make it to the park once a year now. But at least I will be able to do that. If I every get my personal debt paid off (my 3 year plan to be debt free that I've been working on for... at least 7 or 8 years now), then maybe I'll get a pass again and come down a few times a year.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Yup, my days as an annual passholder are over, and hence my trips to the park... for now. I'll still go to the anniversary meet in January, but after that... I'm done for a while. Sad that I will probably only make it to the park once a year now. But at least I will be able to do that. If I every get my personal debt paid off (my 3 year plan to be debt free that I've been working on for... at least 7 or 8 years now), then maybe I'll get a pass again and come down a few times a year.
    Reading this makes me a sad monkey...

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My trip to the Social Security Office went really well. I did my research successfully, and predicted my benefit amount almost exactly. I was off by one dollar. I should have my attic debt paid off in 32 months. It also means that the money that I now get from my husband's salary, can be divided up so much better. Giving me more money for household stuff, groceries, taxes, and all those emergencies that are bound to come up. I think my stress levels just went way way down. I start getting benefits in January.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Unfortunately debt seems to be a very common thing in most households across America. Between the average person being either underpaid or not having the skills to get a higher paying job, and everything on the planet just being overpriced. There is no reason for gas prices to be as high as they are, or for food to be as high as it is, other than one thing GREED. Clothes doesn't need to be price tagged as high as they are either, especially when you read the tag and it says either made in China, Honduras, Mexico, Guatemala etc. All those countries have one thing in common, underpaid workers in that particular field.

I'm sorry maybe this comment was more fitting for the Debate Lounge......

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Not all all. We have discussed almost every subject imaginable here in the RCMC. I can vouch for that.
    Pop Century Resort

Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    Unfortunately debt seems to be a very common thing in most households across America. Between the average person being either underpaid or not having the skills to get a higher paying job, and everything on the planet just being overpriced. There is no reason for gas prices to be as high as they are, or for food to be as high as it is, other than one thing GREED. Clothes doesn't need to be price tagged as high as they are either, especially when you read the tag and it says either made in China, Honduras, Mexico, Guatemala etc. All those countries have one thing in common, underpaid workers in that particular field.

Oh I agree with everything said here. The gas prices especially....it's ridonkulous!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My husband had an eye doctor appointment today at the Opthamologist. He found out that he has glaucoma in his good eye. My husband was shot with a BB gun when he was a child, and the result was that he only sees out of one eye. He now needs to put eye drops in both eyes each night before he goes to bed.

I am beginning to think that his nosebleed episode on Wednesday, despite being scary has actually brought to light some health issues that may not have been addressed otherwise.

Sometimes life has a strange way of taking care of us.
    Pop Century Resort

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    My husband had an eye doctor appointment today at the Opthamologist. He found out that he has glaucoma in his good eye. My husband was shot with a BB gun when he was a child, and the result was that he only sees out of one eye. He now needs to put eye drops in both eyes each night before he goes to bed.

I am beginning to think that his nosebleed episode on Wednesday, despite being scary has actually brought to light some health issues that may not have been addressed otherwise.

In my experience, God can sometimes get our attention with a tap on the shoulder. Other times, it takes a 2X4.

Baseball...If you watched the early "wild card" game today...I think America knows a lot more about the "infield fly rule". And Boo hiss to the Atlanta fans who littered the field with garbage because the suffered from an admittedly bad call.

PS...4.58 regular at my ARCO in Ventura tonight. 50 cent increase in the last three days.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Reading this makes me a sad monkey...
    It makes me a sad monkey too.... But hopefully it won't be permanent....

My trip to the Social Security Office went really well. I did my research successfully, and predicted my benefit amount almost exactly. I was off by one dollar. I should have my attic debt paid off in 32 months. It also means that the money that I now get from my husband's salary, can be divided up so much better. Giving me more money for household stuff, groceries, taxes, and all those emergencies that are bound to come up. I think my stress levels just went way way down. I start getting benefits in January.
    Glad it went as well as it did! Dealing with government agencies you just never know!

Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post

Oh no... like Barbara said... we're family. Pretty much no topic is off limits around here! And its all so true!

Goodness! Yes, glad they caught it now!! Life does do strange and sometimes wonderful things to us. Just wish there were a few more of the wonderful along the way!

In my experience, God can sometimes get our attention with a tap on the shoulder. Other times, it takes a 2X4.

Baseball...If you watched the early "wild card" game today...I think America knows a lot more about the "infield fly rule". And Boo hiss to the Atlanta fans who littered the field with garbage because the suffered from an admittedly bad call.

PS...4.58 regular at my ARCO in Ventura tonight. 50 cent increase in the last three days.
    Hey Barry! I can't speak to the baseball part since I don't follow that but... yeah the gas thing... insane. I think it was about $4.39 at our Arco when I filled up today. Just so uncalled for...

Ok kiddles, working this weekend so going to call it a night early. Been intermittently sleeping like crap and never know if the night is going to be a good one or bad. Kids will be leaving California at 3 AM to head to Idaho with the last of their stuff so I figure I will wake up at some point in the middle of the night thinking about them so must sleep while I can... catch you guys tomorrow!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

I am sorry to hear this Barbara. I hope that it can be maintained

Like I said, gas is ridonkulous. And it will only get worse.

Well I just got back from a great Hockey game, Ontario Reign, minor league but the boy loved it! Gonna buy more tickets for the season.

• Goofy

hello room. i am feeling sad, depressed and confused all at the same time. bummer. well i will see you all in the morning good night.