Page 68 of 134 FirstFirst ... 184358656667686970717893118 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2009

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

And its official.... this morning I have a sore throat and slightly runny nose, despite the massive amounts of Zicam last night. Darn kids.... one of the students was sick last week. Pretty sure thats where this came from....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I have just read the thread about Annette Funicello, and her battle with MS. I watched all the video because my nephew was just recently diagnosed with the disease. He is in his late 20's only.
    I'm sorry for your nephew

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    I have a card for Big Lots and Rite Aide that they scan when I buy stuff. I have gotten the 20% off at Big Lots from using the card, but never use the Rite Aide one enough to get anything from it really.
    Yay! Let's talk about all my "rewards" cards! I love them!

• Ralphs - already posted how much I love Ralphs Rewards a few posts ago
    • Vons - never really use because I have Ralphs
    • GameStop - I was able to trade in old Consoles and games and at one point I was able to get 3 Wii games for free with my rewards trade in points!
    • PetSmart - Sometimes I can get a discount on Cat food or random cat toys
    • Build a Bear Stuff Fur $tuff Club - If I spend enough..I can get outfits and even bears for free...(gotta spend a significant amount though)
    • Panera Bread - Every once in a while, I can get a free pastry
    • Sephora - honesly, never have used that since I rarely spend alot on makeup
    • Anna's Linens - haven't really used much either but probably will in the future since I need new bed spread and gotta get some curtains
    • Torrid - a plus size clothing store, sometimes I can get 10% off but I just started that one to.

I love using rewards cards

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Clara!

Not to many places here have the reward cards. We don't have a lot of the chain places here.

And its official. I have caught some kind of cold or something. Right now its mostly just a sore throat and tired. Which means... I should be in bed. But... I'm not.

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Having a cold is a real bummer, and having to deal with a job during one is a definitely a double bummer I am sure.

Well it's Tuesday and that means the laundry needs sorting.

I have been having a real problem with buying milk lately. I guess we don't consume enough, because the milk always goes bad before we can finish it. However, the carton has tomorrow's date on it, and it already smells funny. It's Deans Milk, so perhaps I should switch to another brand.

Time to get moving. Have a good day everyone.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Morning!

Yup, phone rang at 5 AM and yup, it was the hospital... someone called off. But I have to work at the school this morning, then I told them I have an appointment after school which is mostly true.... I'm expecting a phone call from the insurance company this afternoon about my Idaho property. Got to get some new coverage for it. Then once I was up and moving I realized how crappy I feel. So its just as well I told them "no" because I don't think I would of been mentally much good this afternoon anyway.

I have been having a real problem with buying milk lately. I guess we don't consume enough, because the milk always goes bad before we can finish it. However, the carton has tomorrow's date on it, and it already smells funny. It's Deans Milk, so perhaps I should switch to another brand.

Time to get moving. Have a good day everyone.
    I run into this milk problem to. I am the only one who drinks the fat free milk so I don't buy a gallon of course but I was finding that even the half gallon was going bad before I could get to it. So now I buy the little quart bottle size.

Then once I was up and moving I realized how crappy I feel. So its just as well I told them

"no" because I don't think I would of been mentally much good this afternoon anyway.
    You know what I think...that you should get better. Mkay?

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post

You know what I think...that you should get better. Mkay?
    Aww thanks Clara!! I'm working on it... have to get better... I'm doing half a shift at the hospital tomorrow... yeah I'm nuts but one of the other tech's wives is having surgery tomorrow so....

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Aww thanks Clara!! I'm working on it... have to get better... I'm doing half a shift at the hospital tomorrow... yeah I'm nuts but one of the other tech's wives is having surgery tomorrow so....
    Your not nuts, your just a nice person That and making a little extra money always helps out.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Good news from the doctor. After Thursday, no more IV antibiotics. On Friday, another pill to take...but this little hospital souvenir they left in my right arm, will get taken out. Yaaay!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

That's great news Barry.

I am grateful every day for the fact that I only take one little thyroid pill each day. My husband now takes 2 pills for his blood pressure, one for his cholesterol, and eyedrops for the glaucoma in his eye. A very short time ago he took nothing.

Yesterday Sean and I walked to the game store to get the new Pokemon game, Black/White 2. I am playing the Black version, and Sean is playing White. My grandson and I bonded playing Pokemon games when he was younger, and we are still both hooked on the hours of enjoyment they still bring.

I better get started on my day. Don't forget to read the Roundup.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    Your not nuts, your just a nice person That and making a little extra money always helps out.
    No, I think I'm nuts.... not really feeling any better this morning.... but, I've already committed to going so I'm stuck. (Maybe I should be committed!) But yes, the money will be nice. I was thinking about the other 12 hours I could of had on this check had I not turned down Friday and Monday afternoon.... *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Good news from the doctor. After Thursday, no more IV antibiotics. On Friday, another pill to take...but this little hospital souvenir they left in my right arm, will get taken out. Yaaay!
    Yeah Barry!!! Glad you don't have to have the IV any more! Taking another pill won't be so bad. I'd much rather take a pill than have to mess with the IV's!

That's great news Barry.

I am grateful every day for the fact that I only take one little thyroid pill each day. My husband now takes 2 pills for his blood pressure, one for his cholesterol, and eyedrops for the glaucoma in his eye. A very short time ago he took nothing.

Yesterday Sean and I walked to the game store to get the new Pokemon game, Black/White 2. I am playing the Black version, and Sean is playing White. My grandson and I bonded playing Pokemon games when he was younger, and we are still both hooked on the hours of enjoyment they still bring.

I better get started on my day. Don't forget to read the Roundup.
    Thats cool that you and Sean play Pokemon together! Nice to have something to connect each other with!

And at least this week isn't going nearly as slow as last... might get some rain, maybe a 60% chance by tomorrow. I'll believe it when and if it happens!

Oh yeah... I almost forgot...

For those who remember our "queen" Disneygal... or DG or Deeg..... she is currently in Disneyland... ON HER HONEYMOON!! Yup, she just got married....

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The Queen of the RCMC is now a married woman. How wonderful. I send her all my love and best wishes.

I forget that you are a nurse. Right? a nurse?

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    YAY!

My kid and I used to play games together but not so much. I don't know but I"m finding that his school really just piles on the homework and reading requirements that are required daily. So there isn't much time for me to be "fun" with him. I'm turning into a slave driver with him becuase there is so much.
    And no, he doesn't go to a private school, it's public with 35 kids in his class. I barely have an email relationship with his teacher. Its ridiculous.

For those who remember our "queen" Disneygal... or DG or Deeg..... she is currently in Disneyland... ON HER HONEYMOON!! Yup, she just got married....
    I remember Disneygal! Congrats to her!

If I don't win the raffle for the office Reign Hockey tickets on saturday, I'm headed to the parks on saturday, after my dentist appointment. Last two fillings and an inlay being done..I've been in that dentist chair 5 times this year for fillings. Ugh.

But still working on my Halloween costume and the boy doesn't know that he is going to Mickey's Halloween event on the 26th..sssh! don't tell!

---------- Post added 10-10-2012 at 09:12 AM ----------

The Queen of the RCMC is now a married woman. How wonderful. I send her all my love and best wishes.
    I forget, didn't I have an RCMC title? I could have sworn I did, I just don't remember.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

One of these years I will get to Disneyland during the Fall. I am hoping that that will be next year.

Clara if you want an RCMC title, you can think of one that fits your personality, and Penguin can add it, since she did this thread. It's been a long time since we added a name.

I am getting hungry, so I need to decide what I want for my lunch.

---------- Post added 10-10-2012 at 12:35 PM ----------

Last edited by Barbaraann; 10-10-2012 at 09:49 AM.

Barbara, what was the you tube video of? I can't get youtube on my work computer so its just a blank white box.

I'll think of a name if Pengy deems I am worth of one