Page 69 of 134 FirstFirst ... 194459666768697071727994119 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2009

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

The Dapper Dans are singing in front of Haunted Mansion. They are singing Grim-Grinning Ghosts.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    The Dapper Dans are singing in front of Haunted Mansion. They are singing Grim-Grinning Ghosts.
    Ah....are they Cadaver Dans? Was it during the Halloween event?

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    The Queen of the RCMC is now a married woman. How wonderful. I send her all my love and best wishes.
    I will try to remember to pass that onto her on FB later!

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    I forget that you are a nurse. Right? a nurse?
    No, not a nurse a monitor tech... sort of a secretarial position. I watch the heart monitors and answer the phone, file etc... which is going to be fun since I took some cold meds this morning that have made me groggy and foggy... and they don't seem to have worn off yet. Great...
    I forget, didn't I have an RCMC title? I could have sworn I did, I just don't remember.
    You did... it was Sorceress of Randomness back when you were Claribella.

And now... need to go get ready to go to other job. Pretty sure I'll head straight for bed when I get home tonight but I'll try to remember to add Clara back into the list tomorrow!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    You did... it was Sorceress of Randomness back when you were Claribella.

And now... need to go get ready to go to other job. Pretty sure I'll head straight for bed when I get home tonight but I'll try to remember to add Clara back into the list tomorrow!
    Ah yes, it is slowly coming back to me...

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

You guys seen this?

Some rent Disney tickets to save money | tickets, disney, day - Entertainment - The Orange County Register

ANAHEIM – Beth Holderness got a bad feeling as soon as she bought discount Disney tickets in a strip mall.
    She found $80 tickets to attend Disneyland and Disney California Adventure on the same day, compared with the usual $125 ones. After giving her credit card number, the worker whited-out names on the passes and told her to lie to Disneyland employees about where she bought them.
    A man tries to direct Disney customers to an outlet where tickets are deeply discounted.
    JOSHUA SUDOCK, THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER
    MORE PHOTOS »

At the park gate, employees figured out that the multiday tickets had previously been used by someone else – against company policy.
    Disney confiscated the tickets.
    Holderness' 6-year old son burst into tears. Holderness cried, too.
    "I feel like a criminal, but I thought I bought legitimate tickets," Holderness recalled.
    Police say there's nothing illegal about unofficial ticket agencies renting out multiday Disneyland passes by the day – a growing trade surrounding Disneyland. But Disney forbids ticket transfers.
    "You do need to ask yourself why these tickets are so discounted," said Sgt. Allan Roman of Anaheim Police Department.
    BUSINESS MODEL
    At least nine such ticket agencies exist: in strip malls, in offices above a Chevron or inside a Shell market. All have Anaheim business licenses and operate in similar fashion:
    A broker will buy multiday Disneyland passes from an authorized seller: Disney itself, certain hotels or tour operators. A five-day, park-hopper pass is $290 – so for $58 a day, the customer can go to Disneyland and California Adventure. At the gate, the single-ticket cost is $125.
    The ticket agency will rent out the five-day passes by the day, for roughly $80 to $99. The agency pockets the difference, say $110 to $205 per each five-day ticket.
    But Disney tickets clearly state that they are "nontransferable" and must be used by the same person on all of the days.
    Most times, ticket renters avoid getting caught. Craig Neil, owner of Anaheim Tickets on a side street near Disneyland, said less than 2 percent of customers have had problems. Visitors can get refunds or new tickets, he said.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

After giving her credit card number, the worker whited-out names on the passes and told her to lie to Disneyland employees about where she bought them.
    OMG! why are people this dumb...Even if I had gotten to the point of handing over my credit card and then they are whiting out the names..I would have seen the red flags.

And her poor 6 year old...

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

If it sounds too good to be true........
    Last edited by Barbaraann; 10-11-2012 at 03:36 AM.

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

• Goofy

hi room

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Barry, thats why if any threads get started in the main Disney section about that kind of stuff, or people looking for cheap tickets we immediately shut them down and usually move them out of sight... since that stuff is frowned upon by Disney. It may not be technically illegal, but to Disney it is and thats good enough for us here at MC.

And....

Taking the day off at school tomorrow so I can sleep in and hopefully feel better.

...... because I'm doing another half shift at the hospital.

..... because I'm an idiot.....

And now, I'm going to go to sleep.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Barry, thats why if any threads get started in the main Disney section about that kind of stuff, or people looking for cheap tickets we immediately shut them down and usually move them out of sight... since that stuff is frowned upon by Disney. It may not be technically illegal, but to Disney it is and thats good enough for us here at MC.

And....

Taking the day off at school tomorrow so I can sleep in and hopefully feel better.

...... because I'm doing another half shift at the hospital.

..... because I'm an idiot.....

And now, I'm going to go to sleep.
    *snicker* and you said you weren't going to stop by, and yes I'm doing this as well

Just teasing. Glad you chose to come visit us 1st before your bed Feel better Jody. Poor thing, being sick is NEVER any fun.

And to remind you yet again.........your NOT an idiot...........maybe just slightly

People always want something for nothing it seems like. My father taught me the same thing Barbara, if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. To bad that people allow themselves to be taken advantage of though.

Name:  Snickers Weenie.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  31.5 KB

I Frankenweenie'd my Snickers The Cat Not the Candy! (<--- his full name BTW)

• Goofy

nighty night penguinsoda

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Kathy is heading off to Florida tonite to handle some personal business concerning her mom's trailer home. She is driving, and I will worry for sure until she gets there. She did convince her boyfriend to go with her, so at least I know she will not be driving the entire 20 hours by herself. I sure hope she accomplishes all that she has planned. Otherwise she will most likely have to make another trip in the Spring.

I have to stop sleeping on my back. I wake up sore, and barely able to move. I have had trouble like this ever since the bone marrow test that I had about 17 years ago. Of course, they make you sign a release when you have the test. The test turned out fine, of course. However, I have never been able to sleep on that side since.

I just saw a commercial for the mini iPad. I need to check that out.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Trying to keep my fellow RCMC'ers out of trouble. Sorry if I violated MC policy in the process.

Have a good day everybody.

Today is my last day of intravenous antibiotics. Tomorrow, the nurse comes to take the little hospital souvenir out of my right arm.

Barbaraann, how is your husband?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.