Page 70 of 134 FirstFirst ... 204560676869707172738095120 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 2009

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Trying to keep my fellow RCMC'ers out of trouble. Sorry if I violated MC policy in the process.

Have a good day everybody.

Today is my last day of intravenous antibiotics. Tomorrow, the nurse comes to take the little hospital souvenir out of my right arm.

Barbaraann, how is your husband?
    Thanks for asking Barry. My husband went back to work on Monday. He is doing fine. Thank goodness that he didn't have any bad reactions to any of the medication that they prescribed for him.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Hey Barry, is that a picture of you in your avatar?

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Trying to keep my fellow RCMC'ers out of trouble. Sorry if I violated MC policy in the process.

Have a good day everybody.

Today is my last day of intravenous antibiotics. Tomorrow, the nurse comes to take the little hospital souvenir out of my right arm.

Barbaraann, how is your husband?
    No worries Barry!!! Its the threads with people asking for tickets or asking for cheap places to buy them that we shut down. The article you posted is explaining why trying to get those cheap tickets is a bad idea so no violations there!

Stayed home from school hoping to feel better. No such luck. Still have to do half a shift at the hospital this afternoon... thinking about taking tomorrow off from school too.

And wheres my rain!! Everyone else is talking about rain and cold weather!!! Its 70 degrees and mostly sunny here!!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

I would give you our rain.......if we had any of course Pengy. We just have a bunch of overcast and on the cold side. Although it's supposed to warm back up by next week week

How's everyone doing? I'm on the tired side. Haven't been sleeping that good over the last few nights.

Need to run a few errands, but right now I just can't seem to move away from my laptop or tv........

Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    How's everyone doing? I'm on the tired side. Haven't been sleeping that good over the last few nights.
    This is the same with me, only it's been the past few months!

I am desperate to find a decently priced white crinoline/petticoat to finish off my Halloween costume. They are all either to long, to short or like $50 or more! argh!
    Last edited by clara; 10-11-2012 at 01:36 PM.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Whoa I see its been quiet in here....

And its been a long couple of days for me. Taking tomorrow off from school too so I can sleep. But NOT going to work at the hospital!

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Grim Grinning

Just traipsing through and nobody's here.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I sent Kathy a Good Morning Text message. Right now she's in her car somewhere between Chicago, and Daytona Beach, Florida. So far she hasn't responded. She's probably doing the driving now, and I am sure she'll get back to me the first time they pull into a rest stop.

No loud music. No parade of bodies walking up the stairs. No wild party. My kids are good. Mom's away, and what do they do? They stay up and play XBOX.

Friday came fast this week. Not like last week, which just dragged by.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Kathy spent the night in Louisville Kentucky. I am sure glad that she didn't try and keep driving when she know they needed their sleep. She has to realize that keeping her mom's house in Florida is not going to be an easy task, nor an inexpensive one. Car trips back and forth are going to be both time consuming, and expensive. However, she doesn't want to give up those memories of her mom. I am glad she talked her boyfriend Vince into going with her.

So, after a long Summer The Walking Dead season 3 starts on Sunday.

I don't know if I will continue to watch it though. The 1st season was less about zombies and more about the people and their stories and stories of human survival. The 2nd season was just as good with only the last episode in the season being zombie full and a bit scary.

But from seeing clips of this 3rd season..blegh. I don't know. I actually am not a horror fan, nor a zombie fan so if this show starts to lean towards zombies and blood and gore and stears away from the human stories...I may bow out.

Happy Friday all!

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Kathy spent the night in Louisville Kentucky. I am sure glad that she didn't try and keep driving when she know they needed their sleep. She has to realize that keeping her mom's house in Florida is not going to be an easy task, nor an inexpensive one. Car trips back and forth are going to be both time consuming, and expensive. However, she doesn't want to give up those memories of her mom. I am glad she talked her boyfriend Vince into going with her.
    I can so relate to this... I've gone through the same thing with my moms place in Idaho. When my mom died, I took over the property. Lots of people wanted to buy it, but... it was my home. I wasn't ready to let it go. Over the years I turned down many offers to buy it, because I just wasn't ready to let go, and because of the hassle of what it would do on our taxes, paper work etc. But I can tell you.... its almost more trouble than its worth to try to rent it out and get someone else to take care of it. Being almost 1000 miles away, I wasn't able to keep an eye on the property myself, and trusted a management company to do it for me.

Well... that turned out to be a big mistake. No one treats your property the way you do yourself. No one respects it the same way. Not even someone you have been paying to maintain and protect it.

Its been 16 years now since my mom passed away. I was looking at the pictures my daughter sent of the place, and I knew in my heart of hearts that... it was time. Right now my daughter and her husband are living there, and working to fix it up with the insurance money that I got when the insurance company wrote it off as a total loss. But when the time comes now, I told my daughter that we can either sell the place for a down payment on something else, or tear out the mobile and build a house there.

My dad and I built the porch attached to the mobile when I was about 10-11 years old. But there comes a time when you have to let go of the real, and just remember the memories and leave it at that. Only Kathy will be able to know when that time is right for her.

I know Clara and Barry and Stacy has access to my pics on FB... but for Barbara if you want to see... here are some of the pics my daughter has send me.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=91d812649d

Wow, these are interesting stories. I know that I have no home that I'm attached to. We never lived in a house for longer than a few years. From my memory data banks, I do recall a house in a small suburb in Southern Cali that I liked alot.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Thanks Jody. I have often thought of the similarities between Kathy's situation and yours. However, Kathy never lived in her mom's house, she just visited her mom there years ago when Sean was 10.

Ugh, I just remembered, I"m going to the dentist tomorrow...2 fillings and an inlay. I hate laying in that chair with so much anxiety because I'm afraid they will hit the sensitive nerve. The dentist did the second to last time I was there for my deep cleaning. I told her that my teeth were sensative but she wouldn't give me a shot, only topical numbing and that didn't work, I was on edge just waiting for the pain.

But for fillings I ask for double the numbing...

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Happy Birthday to the incomparable Los Angeles Kings broadcaster Bob Miller. He won't be doing the thing he so desperately wanted to be doing tonight. That is, sitting in the broadcast booth at Staples Center, and aiding in the presentation of the Kings first Stanley Cup championship banner.

Instead, Staples Center is silent along with all the other NHL arenas, while the millionaires and billionaires continue a ridiculous war in which there shall be no winner.

How very sad.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.