Page 72 of 134 FirstFirst ... 224762697071727374758297122 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 2009

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

Thanks Jim! And back at ya! Drinking Vitamin water at the moment... maybe tomorrow I'll splurge and have some Pepsi!

Ug cars... it can never be something cheap and easy when they break down. You go ahead and have some Pepsi too! In fact, make it a double!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• world class bilge rat

Hello everyone.

• sleepy lagoon

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    Hello everyone.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Jim, Jody, Rob, Stacy, just thought I'd drop in...another thrilling baseball playoff game tonight. Detroit blew a four run lead in the ninth inning, but came back to beat the Yankees in the 12th. The key phrase being "beat the Yankees".

And Pengy, I picked the Rams in my football pool this weekend...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Oh bummer.... don't like dentists. Thankfully the one I go to is pretty good and they are good with people like me who have a fear of dentists. Still not a fun thing to have to do!
    Well, today was the worse dentist experience of my life. The dentist was REALLY nice though. I think I was making her nervous. She had to pull out an old silver filling and replace with new. She also had to take off a partial crown and get an impression and put on a temp. I go back in 2 weeks for the permanent partial crown. She also had to do just a regular filling

She numbed be once...started working..OUCH!

Numbed me again...waited 5 minutes for the second set of numbing to set in...starting chipping at the silver filling...OUCHOUCH!

Numbed me a third time....waited 5 minutes for the third set of numbing to set in....starting working on cutting off the old crown...OMG I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO DIE!

By this point she was so afraid of causing me pain. They checking my blood pressure which was escalating and I was shaking like a leaf.

She finally number me for a FOURTH time and after that set in...I was fine. She finished her work of one regular filling, one silver filling replace and one partial onlay.

Now I'm wearing a temp crown and I've had bad experiences with those falling off before, but so far so good. Go back in two weeks to get the permanent and then I'm good. Just praying that this partial stays on. I'm chewing the other side and I couldn't eat my burger tonight because my whole jaw and mouth is sore. It took 5 HOURS for the numbing to wear off...she put so much in!

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Yes, circa 1983. An old co-worker of mine has friended me on FB, and she sent me some pictures I had long forgotten about. That picture was taken my first year at KHAY Ventura, and I think I was working the booth at the Ventura County Fair.
    I thought so! You look very happy!

Well had an AWESOME time at the hockey game tonight. Got tickets from my work for on the ice seats. So much fun! But they lost Still fun!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

• Goofy

Jim, Jody, Rob, Stacy, just thought I'd drop in...another thrilling baseball playoff game tonight. Detroit blew a four run lead in the ninth inning, but came back to beat the Yankees in the 12th. The key phrase being "beat the Yankees".

anyone but the yankees lol

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I spent years trying to save my teeth. I gave the dentists tons of money for gum surgery, cleanings, crowns, you name it - I had it done. However, when I turned 50, I realized that I was fighting a losing battle. Dentures aren't that bad, and I look better than I used to. At least I can smile pretty, and I may eat slower, but no complaints other than that. At least I don't have the monumental dental bills.

My tea tastes extra yummy this morning. I'm sitting here making a grocery list, so I can get to the store.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    Hello everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by my7dwarves View Post
    Well hello you two!

Well I hope we are both lucky and they win again!

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Well, today was the worse dentist experience of my life. The dentist was REALLY nice though. I think I was making her nervous. She had to pull out an old silver filling and replace with new. She also had to take off a partial crown and get an impression and put on a temp. I go back in 2 weeks for the permanent partial crown. She also had to do just a regular filling

She numbed be once...started working..OUCH!

Numbed me again...waited 5 minutes for the second set of numbing to set in...starting chipping at the silver filling...OUCHOUCH!

Numbed me a third time....waited 5 minutes for the third set of numbing to set in....starting working on cutting off the old crown...OMG I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO DIE!

By this point she was so afraid of causing me pain. They checking my blood pressure which was escalating and I was shaking like a leaf.

She finally number me for a FOURTH time and after that set in...I was fine. She finished her work of one regular filling, one silver filling replace and one partial onlay.

Now I'm wearing a temp crown and I've had bad experiences with those falling off before, but so far so good. Go back in two weeks to get the permanent and then I'm good. Just praying that this partial stays on. I'm chewing the other side and I couldn't eat my burger tonight because my whole jaw and mouth is sore. It took 5 HOURS for the numbing to wear off...she put so much in!

Just thinking about that makes me quiver.....

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I spent years trying to save my teeth. I gave the dentists tons of money for gum surgery, cleanings, crowns, you name it - I had it done. However, when I turned 50, I realized that I was fighting a losing battle. Dentures aren't that bad, and I look better than I used to. At least I can smile pretty, and I may eat slower, but no complaints other than that. At least I don't have the monumental dental bills.

My tea tastes extra yummy this morning. I'm sitting here making a grocery list, so I can get to the store.
    There are advantages to dentures. My mom had dentures for years. She got them when she was very young in fact. Long before I was even born. I always thought it was handy you could take them out to clean them.

Well actually feeling a bit better today. Still tired as all get out. But maybe I can get some dishes done while football is on. Not sure who I will be watching. Will have to see what games are playing on the channels I get.

Off to the races!

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My grocery shopping is all done, and my husband and I just returned from breakfast, or in his case lunch. He ate enchiladas, and I had a pumpkin pancake with my scrambled eggs, and bacon.

Now I need to do some cooking. I think that I will make some lasagna.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Had a pretty simple dinner tonight. Rice, green beans and tilapia. Got lots of rice left over for tomorrow.

Feeling much better tonight. Maybe spending most of yesterday sleeping helped. Still need to shower and get ready to head back to work tomorrow. I do feel like it was a lost weekend. It was beautiful outside, but I was stuck inside sick. Hopefully the rest of the week will be nice, and I can go out in the afternoon and do some stuff outside.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am hooked on Halloween Wars on the Food Channel. They also did a Mary Poppins episode on Cupcake Wars. Now I have the football game on. I should get to bed early tonite. I have contractors coming again tomorrow to look at my tenant's ceiling. Hopefully once we get it fixed, it won't leak again.

The weekend went too fast.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

I forgot about Halloween Wars! I watched it yesterday but forgot about today! Darn. Hope it will be on again!

Leaking.... so tired of leaking.... I so relate Barbara. I think I'll be able to single handedly pay for the plumbers next vacation before this is over.

Most weekends go by to fast, but yes... this one was especially quick since I did nothing! I even had most of 4 days off since I took Thursday and Friday off of school!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I just hope that it isn't going to cost too much to repair the ceiling.

• world class bilge rat

Hello everyone.

• Goofy

hello room and hi micromind. what channel is halloween wars on? i love that episode. very nice decorations.