Page 74 of 134 FirstFirst ... 244964717273747576778499124 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2009

• Goofy

Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

hi room

hi penguinsoda, i wish radiobarry a speedy recovery

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Hey Rex! Ok... nanner time for me!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Barry worries me. How many times has that man been hospitalized?

Today, I must discover where the miserable odor is coming from in my kitchen. I think it is the garbage can. I need to scrub it. I sure hope the terrible oniony odor goes away after I do that. Or perhaps I have odors on the mind due to the mold problem upstairs. It is the room right above me.

Of course, my problems are nil, compared to others.

---------- Post added 10-16-2012 at 07:15 AM ----------

I washed the garbage can with bleach, and I took out the garbage. The odor is gone. Hallelujah!

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Yeah!! Glad you found the odor and were able to get rid of it Barbara!! It took weeks to get the dead animal smell out of our dryer.

Barry does seem to have to spend a lot of time in the hospital. Thank goodness his wife is a nurse and can help take care of him! Hopefully this is just a minor set back, and he'll be out and about soon. I know he's been working real hard at moving forward and making some positive changes in his life.

So much to do today.... hope I have the energy to get it all done. Or that I don't keep running into people I know at Wal Mart that distract me and keep me talking when I should be working!

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    And it looks like Barry is in the hospital again.... don't have any details but he was running a temperature earlier then posted something on FaceBook about the channels in the hospital!
    I hope he gets better

Yeah!! Glad you found the odor and were able to get rid of it Barbara!! It took weeks to get the dead animal smell out of our dryer.
    I had a mysterious odor in my kitchen once...it was the garbage disposal...poured bleach down there...and liquid soap..ran the disposal..it was better..blegh.

So this morning, I woke up to a HUGE leak in my bathroom ceiling coming from the apartment above me. Water had been coming through all night or who knows how long. The big bubble was huge! I called first thing in the morning and they said they would get it on the maintenence to do list...called a few hours later...they said it wasn't even on the list. If that thing busts I'll be pretty annoyed. But at least it's in my bathroom and not like my closet or something like that.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It's going to cost me close to a thousand dollars to fix my ceiling. More than 1/2 that cost is to remove, and treat the mold problem. Now if we had fixed this when it first happened, perhaps it might not cost so much now.

I have a little indigestion at the moment. Anyone have a good remedy for that?

• Grim Grinning

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    So this morning, I woke up to a HUGE leak in my bathroom ceiling coming from the apartment above me. Water had been coming through all night or who knows how long. The big bubble was huge! I called first thing in the morning and they said they would get it on the maintenence to do list...called a few hours later...they said it wasn't even on the list. If that thing busts I'll be pretty annoyed. But at least it's in my bathroom and not like my closet or something like that.
    I had this happen to me in our house. My bedroom is in the basement & the bathroom is above my closet. Went in to get a pair of jeans, yanked on them and my fist went through the ceiling. The bath tub had been leaking into my closet. I still have no ceiling in there now, but the leak is fixed.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My butterscotch candy is actually doing the trick. The indigestion has left me.

I hope my husband doesn't hit the roof, when I hand him the estimate from the contractor. At least this guy will do all the work. The other guy would only handle the mold problem, and we didn't even talk money. The third guy has yet to give me a quote. He was here yesterday, so I'd wish he'd send that quote to my e-mail soon.

Whew! I've been trying to post in here for hours! MC pages won't load for me and I couldn't even get into this thread without some weird error message.

Well the leak is fixed and now there is a hole in my bathroom ceiling but they said they will be re-plastering the ceiling.

Not having to worry about my own fix up's is a plus in apartment living, sometimes.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Clara, you are lucky that your landlord isn't a procrastinator like my husband is. My husband never should have been the owner of a house as big as ours. Actually we aren't that big, but we had one tenant, and then we remodeled the attic, and so I guess Kathy and Sean are sort of our tenants to. Nothing seems to ever go wrong in our apartment. It's always in the tenant's.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Clara, you are lucky that your landlord isn't a procrastinator like my husband is.
    Well my "landlord" is a large corporation and also my employer so when I go to the front office to say something is wrong with my apartment...it usually gets done quickly because I work in the corporation office. :P:P

But I've never really had many problems with apartment living. My sister owns her own condo and it's been a money pit for her...I told her...just forget the "trying to buy 'property' in california" and rent, less headaches. Her condo isn't worth much anyway because of its location and the housing economy.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

It's going to cost me close to a thousand dollars to fix my ceiling. More than 1/2 that cost is to remove, and treat the mold problem. Now if we had fixed this when it first happened, perhaps it might not cost so much now.

I have a little indigestion at the moment. Anyone have a good remedy for that?
    Good grief... so relating.... at least the leak in the mobile seems to have stopped. Daughter said they didn't call the plumber again, and her husband did some stuff and it seems to have stopped... for now...

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    I had this happen to me in our house. My bedroom is in the basement & the bathroom is above my closet. Went in to get a pair of jeans, yanked on them and my fist went through the ceiling. The bath tub had been leaking into my closet. I still have no ceiling in there now, but the leak is fixed.
    Yea gads.

My butterscotch candy is actually doing the trick. The indigestion has left me.

I hope my husband doesn't hit the roof, when I hand him the estimate from the contractor. At least this guy will do all the work. The other guy would only handle the mold problem, and we didn't even talk money. The third guy has yet to give me a quote. He was here yesterday, so I'd wish he'd send that quote to my e-mail soon.
    Glad the candy is helping!

Well..... its got to be fixed. Not much you can do about it.

Whew! I've been trying to post in here for hours! MC pages won't load for me and I couldn't even get into this thread without some weird error message.

Well the leak is fixed and now there is a hole in my bathroom ceiling but they said they will be re-plastering the ceiling.

Not having to worry about my own fix up's is a plus in apartment living, sometimes.
    Yea we've got some heavy traffic from Al's update slowing us down...

Well at least the leak is fixed! Thats good anyway!

There are certainly advantages to NOT owning property. At least that way you aren't the one responsible for the upkeep and stuff. Pros and cons on both sides.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I just talked to the contractor again, and he explained the entire process of how they are going to handle the mold issue. They will need to treat the entire room since the odor is so bad, and we waited so long to handle this. My tenant should be pleased with that plan of action. I was concerned when I looked at the quote, why the one item was so costly. He explained that to me, to my satisfaction. He is also going to handle the plumbing repairs as well, which is good, since my own plumber is sometimes very hard to get ahold of.

There are certainly advantages to NOT owning property. At least that way you aren't the one responsible for the upkeep and stuff. Pros and cons on both sides.
    Well from my experience...other than the sounds of walking upstairs every once in a while..I really have minimal cons. I live in a great community though.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

I just talked to the contractor again, and he explained the entire process of how they are going to handle the mold issue. They will need to treat the entire room since the odor is so bad, and we waited so long to handle this. My tenant should be pleased with that plan of action. I was concerned when I looked at the quote, why the one item was so costly. He explained that to me, to my satisfaction. He is also going to handle the plumbing repairs as well, which is good, since my own plumber is sometimes very hard to get ahold of.
    OH well in that case.... thats not bad for that. I mean its still a lot of money but if he will do the plumbing too then...

Well from my experience...other than the sounds of walking upstairs every once in a while..I really have minimal cons. I live in a great community though.
    Today my daughter sent me a text message.... she was so excited to be able to actually HEAR the rain since they didn't have anyone living above them and they weren't half underground (like the last apartment they were in). Yeah the trailer is old and need a LOT of work, but they have no roommate and no one lives right up against them.

Ok, I've only got a few of the things on my list done.... time to do some stuff but I'll be back later.