Page 90 of 134 FirstFirst ... 40658087888990919293100115 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2009

• Never give in.

Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

Nanners, Mama Pengy! Just remember to breathe, plz.
    ♥ "Don't care about all the pain in front of me
    'Cause I'm just trying to be happy." ♥

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

Its now official. I have picked up EVERY weekend between now and the end of Nov. I will be working 4 straight 12 hour days the end of next month including Thanksgiving and the day after.

The open weekdays are still in the air right now depending on if they can find someone to do the first half of the shift then I will come in to do the second part.

I'm already tired and testy and just getting started on this.

Barbara, I will try to form my brain around a message for you tomorrow.

But for now I'm going to nanner.
    Wow sorry Pengy. 12 hour shifts, that's brutal to say the least. Guess you'll be hitting the wall for a month eh? Well I guess the bright side is paying off bills? Eat lots of chocolate and when you come home have a margarita every night

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

A woman with 8 children talking about bikini wax. The only wax that I have ever used was on the kitchen floor, and that didn't turn out too well.

I'm up early because we need to get to the grocery store today.

Happy Sunday.

• Never give in.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    A woman with 8 children talking about bikini wax. The only wax that I have ever used was on the kitchen floor, and that didn't turn out too well.

I'm up early because we need to get to the grocery store today.

Happy Sunday.

It's official. I hate college.

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Beautiful sunny day outside right now

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    He knows you're up to something!!
    Well apparently he didn't know until he realized we were on the freeway to Disneyland and getting off on Ball. Then he got all excited.

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    I changed the brakes on my daughters car (2002 Toyota MR2), it took me a while longer than usual.

Every other brakes I've ever changed, when the cylinder is expanded out to accomodate the new pads, you just pry or clamp it and it slowly moves into position. Not this time. It just wouldn't budge.

Turns out this type is threaded and needs to be screwed back in.

The first wheel took me about an hour, the others about 20 minutes.

Learn something new every day.....

Lol.
    I wouldn't even know where to begin on changing brakes. I put air in tires..that is about it.

Quote Originally Posted by PiG_GuRl View Post
    I'm sure it was, but I would not like to be one to witness that kind of thing happening.

Attachment 24671
    This was during Snowpocalypse in 2010. We have plenty of snow for you here.
    That picture is fantastic!

A Halloween trip report will be up later this evening!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I can't imagine being in college, and hating it. That would be agony for me. To have to go to school each and every day, and not loving the classes, and the college life as a whole. I never wanted to go to college, so I'm not reacting from that viewpoint. I knew that college definitely wasn't my thing. College, for the most part, should be a wonderful time. A time to take classes that are going to help someone with their life, and to fulfill their dreams. That's probably not the reason everyone has for going, but it would have to be the reason for me. I didn't need to go to college, and I am thankful for that, because it was never on my list of things to do after high school was over.

---------- Post added 10-28-2012 at 02:59 PM ----------

Nice new signature, Clara, and I look forward to seeing your Halloween report.

• Never give in.

I can't imagine being in college, and hating it. That would be agony for me. To have to go to school each and every day, and not loving the classes, and the college life as a whole. I never wanted to go to college, so I'm not reacting from that viewpoint. I knew that college definitely wasn't my thing. College, for the most part, should be a wonderful time. A time to take classes that are going to help someone with their life, and to fulfill their dreams. That's probably not the reason everyone has for going, but it would have to be the reason for me. I didn't need to go to college, and I am thankful for that, because it was never on my list of things to do after high school was over.
    I just get so discouraged all of the time. I hardly know anyone here, and I can't just jump up and go home whenever I want like my roommate can. Most of the people here are only interested in relationships, getting drunk on the weekends, and sex. Typical college stuff that I'd rather not involve myself with at this time. lol

My only focus for being here is to get into vet school. My major is just giving me so much hell right now.

Nice new signature, Clara, and I look forward to seeing your Halloween report.
    I'm working on the draft summary now while I'm stuck here at work waiting for my next document to fix.

I just get so discouraged all of the time. I hardly know anyone here, and I can't just jump up and go home whenever I want like my roommate can. Most of the people here are only interested in relationships, getting drunk on the weekends, and sex. Typical college stuff that I'd rather not involve myself with at this time. lol

My only focus for being here is to get into vet school. My major is just giving me so much hell right now.
    Have you considered online college? I know my sister just started a well known college online and loves it. No classrooms and you do it all on your own time so it does require discipline but if one has their priorities straight...dicsipline should be a prob.

I intend to return to school to get my BA in Psychology probably in 3 or 4 years. I want my kid to be a bit older and more independant.

• Never give in.

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    I'm working on the draft summary now while I'm stuck here at work waiting for my next document to fix.

Have you considered online college? I know my sister just started a well known college online and loves it. No classrooms and you do it all on your own time so it does require discipline but if one has their priorities straight...dicsipline should be a prob.

I intend to return to school to get my BA in Psychology probably in 3 or 4 years. I want my kid to be a bit older and more independant.
    Yeah...I am bad about doing things on my own time.
    My calculus class is self taught, so I have to plan it around my other classes. I hate it.
    I really wish I would have picked something closer to home or at least in a more "happening" area.

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

Hello all! I am procrastinating...again...I should be doing school work - but I really don't care for either of my classes this semester, so it makes it really difficult to focus. *Sigh*

Just got back from Fall Break spent at DLR...maybe I'll do a TR when I have all my Photopass pics downloaded. We got the Photopass+ thing, and I think I am a fan...anyway good times were had by all.

In other news, I had to call Child Protective Services on a neighbor of mine today...I know I was traumatized by it so I can't imagine how the child must have felt...but it kinda threw off my whole day.

How are y'all?

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNimrodelle View Post
    In other news, I had to call Child Protective Services on a neighbor of mine today...I know I was traumatized by it so I can't imagine how the child must have felt...but it kinda threw off my whole day.
    Oh wow...what did you see/hear that made you call CPS?

---------- Post added 10-28-2012 at 04:12 PM ----------

Well my Halloween event trip report draft is done. I will be inserting the pics and video when I get home and posting it.

Be on the look out. I think it is my best report yet!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I started a thread, gently nudging an anniversary announcement out of MiceChat's fearless leader.

• world class bilge rat

Hello everyone.

Nice easy day today, I winterized the house, did a bunch of laundry, and in general, took it easy.

Tomorrow will be somewhat of a hectic day at work. The computer programmers are coming, I have to train a couple of guys on how to correctly mount and wire the various instruments around the plant, plus I heed to finish the modifications to the motor control center so that it'll work with the computer system.

Sometimes I wonder why I haven't had some sort of stroke or something......

Lol.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Nanners, Mama Pengy! Just remember to breathe, plz.
    Breathing is good!

Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    Wow sorry Pengy. 12 hour shifts, that's brutal to say the least. Guess you'll be hitting the wall for a month eh? Well I guess the bright side is paying off bills? Eat lots of chocolate and when you come home have a margarita every night
    Darn it!! I'm out of chocolate!!! I have margarita... but the chili my husband made last night did a number on my stomach and not sure I could handle it right now!

The first year or two is tough.... its a whole new world and a time of great transition. It may take you a while to settle into a routine, but just keep pushing forward. I like how you are trying your darnedest to be focused and to do what you know you should be doing!!! You go girl!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNimrodelle View Post
    Hello all! I am procrastinating...again...I should be doing school work - but I really don't care for either of my classes this semester, so it makes it really difficult to focus. *Sigh*

Just got back from Fall Break spent at DLR...maybe I'll do a TR when I have all my Photopass pics downloaded. We got the Photopass+ thing, and I think I am a fan...anyway good times were had by all.

How are y'all?
    Well hello stranger!!

Being a mandated reporter I've had to deal with CPS a couple of times. Its never fun, but it has to be done sometimes.

I started a thread, gently nudging an anniversary announcement out of MiceChat's fearless leader.
    I hope it works!!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.