Page 91 of 134 FirstFirst ... 41668188899091929394101116 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 2009

• Goofy

Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

hi room

• world class bilge rat

Quote Originally Posted by PiG_GuRl View Post
    I just get so discouraged all of the time. I hardly know anyone here, and I can't just jump up and go home whenever I want like my roommate can. Most of the people here are only interested in relationships, getting drunk on the weekends, and sex. Typical college stuff that I'd rather not involve myself with at this time. lol

My only focus for being here is to get into vet school. My major is just giving me so much hell right now.
    I think you're on the right track.

If all those other students are not paying attention to their studies, and you are, it's only logical that you'll be way ahead of them in the end.

I know it's rough now, but I'd bet it'll get easier as time goes on.

I'm 55; one thing I've learned to be true is this.......if you come about something the hard way, you tend to hold on tighter.

In other words, the more difficult it is now, the more you'll appreciate it later.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Hi Rex!

Some shots from the kid.... Main Street in my home town... it looks like rain but she said it was actually snowing.

And the old homestead.... lots of work still to be done, but the outside will have to wait until next spring when its warm enough to paint.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• world class bilge rat

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Darn it!! I'm out of chocolate!!!
    Extremely major disaster!!!!!

---------- Post added 10-28-2012 at 09:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    hi room
    Hi there, Rex.

• Never give in.

The first year or two is tough.... its a whole new world and a time of great transition. It may take you a while to settle into a routine, but just keep pushing forward. I like how you are trying your darnedest to be focused and to do what you know you should be doing!!! You go girl!

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    I think you're on the right track.

If all those other students are not paying attention to their studies, and you are, it's only logical that you'll be way ahead of them in the end.

I know it's rough now, but I'd bet it'll get easier as time goes on.

I'm 55; one thing I've learned to be true is this.......if you come about something the hard way, you tend to hold on tighter.

In other words, the more difficult it is now, the more you'll appreciate it later.
    Thanks, you guys. I am really in need of some encouragement or motivation tonight. I am really not feeling good about this exam ATM.
    ♥ "Don't care about all the pain in front of me
    'Cause I'm just trying to be happy." ♥

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

That is snow indeed Jody. I can see why you live out in the desert Glad things are coming together for them. Does she like the cold? I'm sure you know what type of winter they are in for.

How's it going Rob? I see your back home again. I know the last time I kept up with you, I think you were in Washington State for like 3 weeks or something. Good to have you back.

• world class bilge rat

Quote Originally Posted by PiG_GuRl View Post
    Thanks, you guys. I am really in need of some encouragement or motivation tonight. I am really not feeling good about this exam ATM.
    Feeling anything about it means it's important to you. This is good, most people just don't care.

You'll do fine on it, but in the meantime, try to relax a bit.

---------- Post added 10-28-2012 at 10:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    How's it going Rob? I see your back home again. I know the last time I kept up with you, I think you were in Washington State for like 3 weeks or something. Good to have you back.
    The 3 weeks turned in to more like 3 months.....

But yes, it's good to be back home again.

Things are going well here, my daughter (18) took very good care of the house while I was gone. It was a good experience for her; kind of like moving out without actually moving out!

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

That is snow indeed Jody. I can see why you live out in the desert Glad things are coming together for them. Does she like the cold? I'm sure you know what type of winter they are in for.

She LIKES cold weather... she would freeze me out when I'd visit in Nor Cal. The other day it was in the 40's, they had a window open and she was sitting in a robe thing eating ice cream.

She is nuts.

She's always wanted to live somewhere that it snows. The first day it snowed and it melted right after she was disappointed. I told her there would be plenty more. Well.... we'll see how she feels about March when you still can't see the ground.

Feeling anything about it means it's important to you. This is good, most people just don't care.

You'll do fine on it, but in the meantime, try to relax a bit.

Wise words....

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• world class bilge rat

Ok you guys, time for me to nanner off to bed....

See y'all later.

•   

The 3 weeks turned in to more like 3 months.....

But yes, it's good to be back home again.

Things are going well here, my daughter (18) took very good care of the house while I was gone. It was a good experience for her; kind of like moving out without actually moving out!
    Oh wow 3 months. I thought you were gone for an extended period of time. That's always the best way of being able to live alone, still being at home. I'm sure she either enjoyed it or at least enjoyed certain aspects of it.

She LIKES cold weather... she would freeze me out when I'd visit in Nor Cal. The other day it was in the 40's, they had a window open and she was sitting in a robe thing eating ice cream.

She is nuts.

She's always wanted to live somewhere that it snows. The first day it snowed and it melted right after she was disappointed. I told her there would be plenty more. Well.... we'll see how she feels about March when you still can't see the ground.

Or wait until the 1st time she has to shovel the snow. Now that is definitely a work out in itself. 40's, the window open and eating ice-cream........yep she is nuts. She actually may enjoy the 1st winter, but I doubt a lifetime of them.

I want to move to a warmer climate myself. That or for the Bay Area to acquire a warmer climate

Ok you guys, time for me to nanner off to bed....

See y'all later.
    See ya Rob!

• Goofy

hello micromind. i cant believe the weekend is over. but im excited for halloween on weds.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Oh wow 3 months. I thought you were gone for an extended period of time. That's always the best way of being able to live alone, still being at home. I'm sure she either enjoyed it or at least enjoyed certain aspects of it.

Or wait until the 1st time she has to shovel the snow. Now that is definitely a work out in itself. 40's, the window open and eating ice-cream........yep she is nuts. She actually may enjoy the 1st winter, but I doubt a lifetime of them.

I want to move to a warmer climate myself. That or for the Bay Area to acquire a warmer climate

See ya Rob!
    Well global warming... it could happen...

Personally I was hoping they would move closer but....

Ok I think I'm going to follow Rob out the door tonight!! Don't know how long my week will be so I'd better get some sleep!

•   

Well global warming... it could happen...

Personally I was hoping they would move closer but....

Ok I think I'm going to follow Rob out the door tonight!! Don't know how long my week will be so I'd better get some sleep!
    Touche' my dear, touche'.

The kids moving closer could happen in the future, who knows what will happen. But I understand for now, they need to live there for the time being.

Yep, get your sleep while you can. Hope your week isn't too bad for ya. And on that note, I'm not far behind you in heading off to bed.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Hello everyone.

Nice easy day today, I winterized the house, did a bunch of laundry, and in general, took it easy.

Tomorrow will be somewhat of a hectic day at work. The computer programmers are coming, I have to train a couple of guys on how to correctly mount and wire the various instruments around the plant, plus I heed to finish the modifications to the motor control center so that it'll work with the computer system.

Sometimes I wonder why I haven't had some sort of stroke or something......

Lol.
    Are you a computer programmer?

Pengy, I love your snow photos! I love the snow!

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Morning all!

Clara, Rob does electrical work. If I'm not mistaken, I think he is an electrician.

Its spirit week at school. This week is what is called the Battle of the Bell. There is a bell trophy that goes to the school that wins the football game this week. We are playing our "cross town rival" 29 Palms. I think they won last year. We'll see if we get it back.

So today is Black Out day. I guess we are suppose to dress in all black. Tomorrow is crazy hair day, Wed Halloween so they can come in costume, Thursday is... fake and injury day??? Whatever that is... or who ever came up with that one. Then Friday is standard Black and Gold Friday, the school colors.

And off I go for the day....