Page 94 of 134 FirstFirst ... 44698491929394959697104119 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2009
  1. #1396

    • Goofy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    in wonderland.
    Posts
    20,653

    Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

    hi room

  2. #1397

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Salt Lake
    Posts
    1,944

    Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

    Hello! Big Disney news today with the Lucasfilm acquisation! Interested to see what that means for the parks
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

  3. #1398

    • Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    16,597

    Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hayley B View Post
    I want to make sure I post to say that I am ok. Me and my family didn't really have a problem last night. We didn't have the power off at all last night.

    Even the ones I was more concerned about did ok. They posted on Facebook really quickly this morning. These were ones near or around the Delaware beaches too.
    The pictures I"ve seen online are just incredible. Stay safe!

    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Boo for the flaming cheetos!! I like my cheetos plain... maybe the crunchy ones... but not hot!
    They were gross...

    Quote Originally Posted by mickdaddy View Post
    Hello! Big Disney news today with the Lucasfilm acquisation! Interested to see what that means for the parks
    Yes it is big news!

  4. #1399

    • world class bilge rat
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Fernley, NV (Near Reno)
    Posts
    13,303

    Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

    Hello everyone.

  5. #1400

    •   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Castro Valley, CA
    Posts
    5,848

    Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

    Hey peeps

    I hope they create some kind of Star Wars Land now. Guess Lucas and family are set for life with all that money But he got what he wanted from the 6 movies he did with Star Wars. I didn't realize he was already 68, guess it's time to retire and enjoy life.

    Anyone I know on the East Coast is fine. The damages remain to be seen or estimated.

    Hey I just made 5 stars

  6. #1401

    • Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    16,597

    Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

    Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    Hello everyone.
    Hello Micro How are you tonight?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    Hey peeps

    I hope they create some kind of Star Wars Land now. Guess Lucas and family are set for life with all that money But he got what he wanted from the 6 movies he did with Star Wars. I didn't realize he was already 68, guess it's time to retire and enjoy life.

    Anyone I know on the East Coast is fine. The damages remain to be seen or estimated.

    Hey I just made 5 stars
    That is the big buzz...make a Star Wars Land!

  7. #1402

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,621
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    hi room
    Hey Rex!

    Quote Originally Posted by mickdaddy View Post
    Hello! Big Disney news today with the Lucasfilm acquisation! Interested to see what that means for the parks
    It will be interesting to watch over the next couple of years.

    Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    Hello everyone.
    Hey Rob!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    Hey peeps

    I hope they create some kind of Star Wars Land now. Guess Lucas and family are set for life with all that money But he got what he wanted from the 6 movies he did with Star Wars. I didn't realize he was already 68, guess it's time to retire and enjoy life.

    Anyone I know on the East Coast is fine. The damages remain to be seen or estimated.

    Hey I just made 5 stars
    I didn't think about how old he was.... I guess I just thought he was like my age for some reason. Congrats on the 5th star!




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

  8. #1403

    • world class bilge rat
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Fernley, NV (Near Reno)
    Posts
    13,303

    Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

    5,000 posts....good work, Lori!!

  9. #1404

    •   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Castro Valley, CA
    Posts
    5,848

    Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

    Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post

    That is the big buzz...make a Star Wars Land!
    Yeah I've been a fan of Star Wars pretty much all my life. When the first movie came out I was 5. I remember seeing Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi as a kid in the theater. Ahhh, the good ole days. Actually I've seen all of them in the theater except the first one, and if I did I don't remember. I grew up on Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and Star Trek.

    I would love to see a Star Wars Land but I think it'll come at the sacrifice of getting rid of Tomorrow Land and I would hate to see Space Mountain go.


    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    It will be interesting to watch over the next couple of years.




    I didn't think about how old he was.... I guess I just thought he was like my age for some reason. Congrats on the 5th star!
    He and my Dad are the same age. Lucas and Speilberg are great, and together dynamic, well I've always thought so anyway.


    Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    5,000 posts....good work, Lori!!
    Thanks Rob! I think 98% or more were in here or in the Fun & Games Lounge. I post other places sometimes, if I can help with people's questions.

  10. #1405

    • world class bilge rat
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Fernley, NV (Near Reno)
    Posts
    13,303

    Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

    Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    yay! just made dinner reservations for the Carthay Circle on the 9th! I haven't been there yet and I'm excited. I have a date with my son.
    My daughter and I started going on 'dates' when she was about 5 or 6.

    She's 18 now; we still do.

    Seriously, these are the most special times I have ever had. Just her and I. We talk about anything. I'm never her parent on these dates, I'm her friend.

    The bond has stood the test of time, and I'm pretty much convinced that because of this she'll ask my advice on just about anything. And actually listen!!!

  11. #1406

    • Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    16,597

    Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

    Yay! I'm gonna vote by mail for the first time! What a time saver!

    ---------- Post added 10-30-2012 at 08:27 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    My daughter and I started going on 'dates' when she was about 5 or 6.

    She's 18 now; we still do.

    Seriously, these are the most special times I have ever had. Just her and I. We talk about anything. I'm never her parent on these dates, I'm her friend.

    The bond has stood the test of time, and I'm pretty much convinced that because of this she'll ask my advice on just about anything. And actually listen!!!
    aww...that's great. Most of my time I spend with my kid. He's 8. DO you have any other kids micro?

  12. #1407

    •   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Castro Valley, CA
    Posts
    5,848

    Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

    Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    My daughter and I started going on 'dates' when she was about 5 or 6.

    She's 18 now; we still do.

    Seriously, these are the most special times I have ever had. Just her and I. We talk about anything. I'm never her parent on these dates, I'm her friend.

    The bond has stood the test of time, and I'm pretty much convinced that because of this she'll ask my advice on just about anything. And actually listen!!!
    Ahh....that's really sweet Rob. I'm sure because you acted as her friend during those dates that it made it easier for her to open up and tell you things that maybe she wouldn't have. That's great you have an open communication relationship with your daughter

  13. #1408

    • world class bilge rat
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Fernley, NV (Near Reno)
    Posts
    13,303

    Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

    Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Yay! I'm gonna vote by mail for the first time! What a time saver!

    ---------- Post added 10-30-2012 at 08:27 PM ----------



    aww...that's great. Most of my time I spend with my kid. He's 8. DO you have any other kids micro?
    Yep; two boys.

    One is 28 (man, I'm getting OLD!!!), married for about 4 years. He is an electrician; works for the same company I do. In fact we're both on the same job.

    The other is 26, single, lives with a few of his part-animal friends.

    8 is a fun age. Still a kid, but growing up......

    ---------- Post added 10-30-2012 at 08:44 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    Ahh....that's really sweet Rob. I'm sure because you acted as her friend during those dates that it made it easier for her to open up and tell you things that maybe she wouldn't have. That's great you have an open communication relationship with your daughter
    No doubt......the time invested early on pays off later. I can't complain one bit about that kid.

    Well, she maybe could spend slightly less money.......

    Of course, I would certainly NEVER spoil her at all.....

    Seriously, once in a while I'll tell her no when she wants something, just to see how she reacts. If she takes it in stride, she gets lots of stuff. If she doesn't handle no very well, she hears it a lot more.

    I think she's figured this out.....

    Lol.

  14. #1409

    • Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    16,597

    Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

    Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    Seriously, once in a while I'll tell her no when she wants something, just to see how she reacts. If she takes it in stride, she gets lots of stuff. If she doesn't handle no very well, she hears it a lot more.

    I think she's figured this out.....

    Lol.
    ha, this doesn't work with my stubborn kid. I tell him no...it's moaning whining and groaning until I just ignore him. He's a bit difficult sometimes.

  15. #1410

    • world class bilge rat
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Fernley, NV (Near Reno)
    Posts
    13,303

    Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

    Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    ha, this doesn't work with my stubborn kid. I tell him no...it's moaning whining and groaning until I just ignore him. He's a bit difficult sometimes.
    Gee, that sounds familiar.....

    I'm sure I never did anything like that!

    Lol.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-19-2012, 11:17 AM
  2. [Chat] In keeping with Walts vision for the park
    By Sorcerer's Apprentice in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-11-2010, 08:24 PM
  3. With Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?
    By mouseinphilly in forum Disney and Industry Theatrical, Music and Publishing Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-23-2007, 05:30 PM
  4. Large-scale New Parade with Mouse Theme for the Year of The Rat
    By HongKongDisneyland in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-21-2007, 09:45 PM
  5. Walt Disney Co is in the process of negotiating with HK Gov for the Expansion of HKDL
    By HongKongDisneyland in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-18-2006, 01:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •