Page 96 of 134 FirstFirst ... 46718693949596979899106121 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2009

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

I need to carve my two pumpkins. It's going to be a very very cold Halloween. I don't think that we will get many trick or treaters with temperatures in the 40's. However, once I put the pumpkins on the front porch and light them up, at least it will lead the kids to our door. Most of the trick or treaters only go to the houses that have evidence they are home and are handing out candy.

Today my tenant will finally get her carpet removed. I sure hope the crew comes early to do that.

Happy Halloween.

---------- Post added 10-31-2012 at 06:39 AM ----------

Last edited by Barbaraann; 10-31-2012 at 03:40 AM.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

I miss handing out stuff on Halloween.... but when it got to the point where 90% of what showed up at my door were high school kids with pillow cases and no costumes.... I figured it was time to stop.

But Happy Halloween everyone! This is my daughters favorite holiday!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Happy Halloween all. I'm actually dressed up at work, gonna enter the costume contest as Strawberry Shortcake.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I carved these two Halloween Pumpkins this morning. When My husband comes home, I will put them on the porch and light them up for the trick or treaters.

Happy Halloween everyone!

Good Job barbara!

Nothing like have Reese's Pieces for breakfast!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I'm glad that my tenant went out while they are pulling up the carpet in her apartment. There's going to be a whole lot of dirt flying around up there, and she'd be down here bugging me. They are almost done with the backstairs, and I am going to have to clean out there, big time.

I just finished watching E.T., and now I am watching The Chew. They are all decked out for Halloween. I guess lots of people will be heading to DCA and Disneyland tonite.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I guess lots of people will be heading to DCA and Disneyland tonite.

Not I, it's hard when Halloween falls right in the middle of the work/school week. I'm gonna have a cranky little boy tomorrow morning that is for sure.

• Goofy

oh nice pumpkin shots barbaraann. happy halloween room

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Not I, it's hard when Halloween falls right in the middle of the work/school week. I'm gonna have a cranky little boy tomorrow morning that is for sure.
    My wife is working tonight. I am going to leave the house around five, and go check out the new movie theater in my neighborhood. We'll let Angel and Little Bit deal with the trick or treaters.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    My wife is working tonight. I am going to leave the house around five, and go check out the new movie theater in my neighborhood. We'll let Angel and Little Bit deal with the trick or treaters.
    Those are your doggies right they are gonna trick em all!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I believe Barry has a dog named Angel, and the other one is a cat.

The carpet is now gone from my tenant's apartment, and she is left with a dusty house that she will mostly likely be cleaning for a very long time. The worst part is the removal of all the tacks that were used to keep the carpet down. They are removing them now, and it is taking them a very long time.

My husband should be home soon, and I will soon be putting the pumpkins out on the front porch for the treat or treaters.

Hi Barbara Ann
    I will be taking the boy Trick or treating tonight after I pick him up from school.

I didn't win my office costume contest with my Strawberry Shortcake but I got a few good smiles and a chance for the whole company to see who I am It was nice. They had pizza

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

oh really? like drink glasses don't stay full constantly kinda thing? Please explain
    Um...well...I just had dinner there last week with a friend, and we were discussing how if we had the same server at Denny's or Olive Garden even, she'd have been fabulous! But the decor leads you to expect a more...poised server than that. She was young, loud, and...there was just something missing. The time before when I ate there our server was good, but the table next to us waited at least 20 minutes before their server even showed up. Also be prepared to wait 15-20 minutes after your reservation time before you are seated, and don't be in a hurry to get anywhere.

That said, the food on the menu is good (if you are a vegetarian, you must order off-menu and its just mediocre), and the atmosphere is good. I will be returning, in spite of the service.

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    I think as far as single parents go, mother/son or father/daughter is easier than mother/daughter or father/son.
    I think this is probably generally true, but I am an only child of a single mom and we have a wonderful relationship! She is seriously my best friend.

Happy Halloween all. I'm actually dressed up at work, gonna enter the costume contest as Strawberry Shortcake.
    Happy Halloween!!!! I am also dressed up at work, to an extent. We have a uniform of black shirt and black pants or jeans, but I'm wearing cat ears and whiskers and fun makeup. I LOVE Halloween!

In other news, I am totally goobing out - I applied for a job at DLR back in June or July and just got an interview. I don't know if I have time for another job, but I'm definitely going through the process to see what it is like, and see if I could possibly be a CM. :excited:

---------- Post added 10-31-2012 at 02:49 PM ----------

OH, and congrats on making the roundup Clara!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Still no Anniversary announcement. I was hoping that it might be included in the Roundup.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Still no Anniversary announcement. I was hoping that it might be included in the Roundup.
    You are anxiously waiting! Now I am to because I just may show up!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNimrodelle View Post
    Um...well...I just had dinner there last week with a friend, and we were discussing how if we had the same server at Denny's or Olive Garden even, she'd have been fabulous! But the decor leads you to expect a more...poised server than that. She was young, loud, and...there was just something missing. The time before when I ate there our server was good, but the table next to us waited at least 20 minutes before their server even showed up. Also be prepared to wait 15-20 minutes after your reservation time before you are seated, and don't be in a hurry to get anywhere.

That said, the food on the menu is good (if you are a vegetarian, you must order off-menu and its just mediocre), and the atmosphere is good. I will be returning, in spite of the service.

OH, and congrats on making the roundup Clara!
    Thanks for the input on Carthay. I'm not gonna be in a hurry and I usually get there 20-30 minutes before reservation time. As long as the kid doesn't start to get ansy pansy....which he probably will.

Thanks for the congrats! That's two roundups in a row I've made!