Page 99 of 134 FirstFirst ... 49748996979899100101102109124 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2009

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Re: RCMC# 121: Life is a highway... with friends along for the ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I believe all of the RCMC dinners have been on Saturdays. Sundays during the Anniversary activities have always been way too busy to schedule anything for the RCMC.
    Although last years was on a Sunday at Tangaroa Terrace

• Never give in.

Quote Originally Posted by my7dwarves View Post

1) I can relate all too well. I'm not sure what is worse, going through life thinking there is no such thing as a soulmate, or finding out there is too late.
    Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Or thinking you love someone and it is never returned.

All in all..its just a sad ordeal sometimes.
    I think we all just need a congregational hug... And cookies. There are always those when all else is lost. (In a positive light, of course. )
    ♥ "Don't care about all the pain in front of me
    'Cause I'm just trying to be happy." ♥

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by PiG_GuRl View Post
    I think we all just need a congregational hug... And cookies. There are always those when all else is lost. (In a positive light, of course. )
    this is all true....

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

haha, sorry about the rant. I assume you guys are not alone in wanting the Christmas season to last longer, or the infamous they would not cater to that. I'm happy to be outvoted though. There are many worse things than 6 weeks of Christmas carols. Perhaps its because I was not allowed to celebrate Christmas as a child that I don't get the warm fuzzies. One of my co-workers asked if we could start playing Christmas music tonight, but she was outvoted. So we're listening to gangster rap...like I said, there are worse things...

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I like my holidays in order. Not rushed and blended together. No Christmas until after Thanksgiving, which just happens to be my favorite holiday.

• Never give in.

Well, my quest for a new facebook profile picture has failed me.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNimrodelle View Post
    Perhaps its because I was not allowed to celebrate Christmas as a child that I don't get the warm fuzzies.
    I also was not allowed to celebrate Christmas as a child. Dumb cult my family was in...

I like my holidays in order. Not rushed and blended together. No Christmas until after Thanksgiving, which just happens to be my favorite holiday.
    Yes on not rushed...

•   

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    I also was not allowed to celebrate Christmas as a child. Dumb cult my family was in...
    Ouch! Sounds like you didn't like some things you were being taught as a child?

• world class bilge rat

Hello everyone.

• Never give in.

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    Hello everyone.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by my7dwarves View Post
    From what I hear from my well placed source (lol), there will be no official MiceChat Anniversary this year because it will be a MiceAge Anniversary instead, centered around that book signing the first weekend of February that you mentioned.
    Well placed source huh... Um.... wonder if if it could be someone who pops in here about twice a year...

It was months ago when they announced the MiceAge 10th Anniversary celebration. They included the dates, which is why I booked my hotel room for January 25th until the 31st of January. Now I am hearing they have changed their dates. That's fine. If it's a MiceAge event or a MiceChat event, I'd like to be there when it's happening. I just don't understand why they haven't made an official announcement already.

Dusty had said something last year about the main focus would be on the 10th anniversary of MiceAge not so much the 8th of MiceChat. And the date got changed when I brought up to Dusty that this year NAMM was the same weekend as when we originally planned it... before NAMM was the weekend before.

Story of my life.

Anyways, hello all. I'm in class right now. shh, don't tell

RCMC dinner sounds fun! I came to the anniversary last year, right after I joined MC and didn't know anyone! But this year should be a little better if I get to go again...
    Yes!!!!

Um... but I think I'm out of buttons...

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    hell room. im feeling the halloween blues since halloween is over. lots of trick or treaters this year and the costumes were pretty good. i cant wait until kost 103.5 starts to play christmas songs. that will chase away my halloween blues lol.
    Hahah! One of the music stations on Direct TV was already playing Christmas music today. I did listen for a bit... then changed it.

I believe all of the RCMC dinners have been on Saturdays. Sundays during the Anniversary activities have always been way too busy to schedule anything for the RCMC.
    Um... the one year we did the Jazz Kitchen Express it was a Saturday because Monorail Mans game thing was after...

Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    Although last years was on a Sunday at Tangaroa Terrace
    I think you are right... all I remember is Stacy, Lauren, Rob and I closing the place down!

Yes! Hugs and cookies!!! And chocolate!!! And chocolate cookies!

haha, sorry about the rant. I assume you guys are not alone in wanting the Christmas season to last longer, or the infamous they would not cater to that. I'm happy to be outvoted though. There are many worse things than 6 weeks of Christmas carols. Perhaps its because I was not allowed to celebrate Christmas as a child that I don't get the warm fuzzies. One of my co-workers asked if we could start playing Christmas music tonight, but she was outvoted. So we're listening to gangster rap...like I said, there are worse things...
    Not allowed? Aww... sorry about that....

Well, my quest for a new facebook profile picture has failed me.
    And this is why I almost never bother to change mine.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   

Hey Rob

How was the work day? Starting to get cold in your neck of the woods? It was a crisp fall day here in the Bay Area. Guess it was all that rain we got last night that cleaned up the air, it was kind of nice

---------- Post added 11-01-2012 at 07:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Um... the one year we did the Jazz Kitchen Express it was a Saturday because Monorail Mans game thing was after...
    Yeah, that was the year Deb and I came. I think the game thing was at the Hearthstone Lounge. I remember it being cold that year too and rainy, but then it's January.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I vacuumed up a lot of dust in my house today, and now my head is stuffed up and I have the sniffles.

• world class bilge rat

How are you this evening?

I can imagine school is still a bummer (oh man, did I just age myself with that word??...Lol.)

I've never been to college, I barely made it out of high school, so in a way I can't relate. But I doubt there's much difference between college and work, so we're in the same boat after all.

---------- Post added 11-01-2012 at 08:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    Hey Rob

How was the work day? Starting to get cold in your neck of the woods? It was a crisp fall day here in the Bay Area. Guess it was all that rain we got last night that cleaned up the air, it was kind of nice

---------- Post added 11-01-2012 at 07:48 PM ----------

Yeah, that was the year Deb and I came. I think the game thing was at the Hearthstone Lounge. I remember it being cold that year too and rainy, but then it's January.
    It's been cold in the mornings, around 30 - 40, but it warms up during the day; 60 - 70 or so.

I like the cold crisp mornings as long as it doesn't stay cold all day long!

I remember the meet 2 years ago, it was great to get to know everyone. Even though there were a lot of people there (well, a lot to me anyway), and I wish we could have spent more time together, it was still fun.

Last years meet was cool too. The Collishaw girls were staying in the same hotel, just a couple of rooms away, but every time I knocked on their door, they were gone. Imagine that; being at DL and not being in your room all the time!!!

Lol.

It sounds like we might be planning our own little RCMC get-together this year. I don't know much about the MC meet yet but if we did it ourselves, there's be more time to spend together.

Time will tell.....

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

College isn't for everybody. However, I wish it didn't cost as much as it does, so the people that really want to go, can go.