Page 27 of 136 FirstFirst ... 21724252627282930375277127 ... LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Re: RCMC #122: We're All Just a Bit Scattered

..well mods that listen and stuff ! lol haahaaa

---------- Post added 11-19-2012 at 04:02 PM ----------

i can't wait to see all the upcoming treat photos that people will post!! its fun seeing all the different stuff.. even if it's a churro! that is still a treat!

---------- Post added 11-19-2012 at 04:13 PM ----------

i need to make a statment.. i just need to say this

DISNEYLAND IS NOT LOUD!!

a chucky cheese with 100 screaming 2,3 and 4 year olds is loud.. a night club, a rock concert, or a rave is loud, A CONCSTRUCTION SITE is loud,a train is loud, a fog horn is loud.. you get my point.... disneyland is silent compared to those things!

Last edited by Poisonedapples; 11-19-2012 at 04:15 PM.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by barbaraann View Post
    it's nice having friends in high places.
    lol

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

Wow...I am totally missing the inside jokes simply because I haven't made my way over to the DLR forum...I kinda like it that way. No stress for me!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNimrodelle View Post
    Wow...I am totally missing the inside jokes simply because I haven't made my way over to the DLR forum...I kinda like it that way. No stress for me!
    Cliff Notes Version:

Poisonedapples "Post your Disney Holiday Treat Photos" thread got hijacked and almost turned into "Why is a Disney cookie $5, because Disney is greedy" thread.

It was saved by the wonderful Mama Pengy

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNimrodelle View Post

u havn't missed much.. okay the treat photos--that was in honor of this treat thread i made up so we all could post photos of the different treats we have encountered if any at DLR so all can see! for xmas cheer and stuff..

then there is a thread asking if disneyland is loud to us, the op thinks disneyland is loud.but he or she doesn't compare it to anything.. so anyhow the treat thread. Penguinsoda got ride of the negative comments in the threat thread and sent them packing for the litter box.. hence why barbaraann said "friends in high places"..

there. your caught up

---------- Post added 11-19-2012 at 04:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Cliff Notes Version:

Poisonedapples "Post your Disney Holiday Treat Photos" thread got hijacked and almost turned into "Why is a Disney cookie $5, because Disney is greedy" thread.

It was saved by the wonderful Mama Pengy

Yeah what she said the person that highjacked it thinks that a $5 cookie is only meant for the rich, and that's something the rich and wealthy pay for.. ... anyhow like i said u havn't missed much on the dL forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    Yeah what she said the person that highjacked it thinks that a $5 cookie is only meant for the rich, and that's something the rich and wealthy pay for.. ... anyhow like i said u havn't missed much on the dL forum!
    Ha..I should post a picture of me BUYING that $5 cookie for myself and for my kid and then put a sign saying, "I'm not rich, I'm a single mother...but dash it all! I'm eating a $5 Disney cookie!"

LOL

• Sock Puppet

.. or " look i may be a single mother, and have bills to pay, but i am buying this cookie and eating it. no matter it costs $5" haahaaa!!

either way, that be funny!

---------- Post added 11-19-2012 at 05:00 PM ----------

for some reason, the $5 disney cookies taste really good though! LOL better then the ones at the store!

---------- Post added 11-19-2012 at 05:01 PM ----------

maybe i should of told that person that i plan on eating my way through the park tomorrow.. no matter the cost.. LOL LOL..and i had to refinance my house just to do it!! RFLOL

LOL...thanks for catching me up! yAy Mama Pengy! Now I'm tempted to go to the litter box and see if the people I'm thinking of are the true culprits....don't know if I care that much though...

• Sock Puppet

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Let's face it. Everyone overpays for something. Even those people who like to point the finger at someone else telling them that they shouldn't be spending that much money for an item. Last time I looked I didn't realize that we needed someone else's permission to spend our money. Perhaps a child from a parent. Maybe even a husband and a wife. Not even in my house does my husband tell me I have overspent. Life's too short to not treat ourselves sometimes. It's bad enough that the necessities in our life are overpriced. We all need to enjoy ourselves. If that means a $5 cookie. The I say, turn on the tea kettle. I love my cookies with a hot cup of tea. I like to dunk.

• Sock Puppet

CHEERS BARBARAANN!

well said! and i don't think Disney is greedy nor does it ruin my xmas there! so there neener neener!

AI JUST THINK AND FEEL that if you don't like something don't do it. in the case we are talking about, if you don't like disneyland's prices and feel they are price gouging you for everything. why go!! WHY! EVEN GO!!??

anyhow.. haaa! on my coworker! .. she thinks i will be the office tomorrow. little does she know i wont be! and she put her important mail to be mailed out tomorrow in the basket .and well i am not sure anyone is even going to do it for her...! she takes me for granted! oh an she is bossy as heck! acts like my 3rd boss. I hate her!! BUT the thing is, she can act like she is head cheese all she wants, but the head cheese of our company happens to be my .. BROTHER! HAAA!
    Last edited by Poisonedapples; 11-19-2012 at 05:22 PM.

ooh...CALLED IT! Dang, I'm good.

---------- Post added 11-19-2012 at 05:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by poisonedapples View Post
    cheers barbaraann!

Well said! And i don't think disney is greedy nor does it ruin my xmas there! So there neener neener!

lol!

• Sock Puppet

do u agree with them lady N?

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I am among those who have worked at Disneyland in the course of my lifetime. I have seen the magic as a guest, and behind the scenes I have "kissed the mouse's tail" and seen what I refer to as the "iron fist inside Mickey's white glove".

For eight years I worked in the magical place, and was lectured at when necessary, and told in no uncertain terms that it is a business.

I left there 30 years ago, (one year before my avatar picture was taken) and its even more true now. I think the prices they are charging are higher than they should be. But that is for them to determine. To my sometimes amazement, the demand seems to have grown if anything so while I can say the prices are out of my range to go right now, and that really disappoints me...I cannot say they are greedy.

Or demean in any way people who choose to spend their money there. I just miss the place and there's no way right now I can afford to go.
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 11-19-2012 at 05:38 PM.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

random question about computers...

Would anyone know how I can change my web browser to make the screen bigger. The words are so tiny and the screen is scrunched. I'm using firefox.