Page 28 of 136 FirstFirst ... 31825262728293031385378128 ... LastLast
Results 406 to 420 of 2038
  1. #406

    • Angel Fan MC Man
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beautiful Oxnard, CA
    Posts
    24,291
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: RCMC #122: We're All Just a Bit Scattered

    Penguinsoda...I believe that Sirius has Christmas music on separate channels now. I hated it when they took the 40s channel away for six weeks in years past.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

  2. #407

    • Elven Queen of Caffeine
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    35 mins from DLR
    Posts
    1,596

    Re: RCMC #122: We're All Just a Bit Scattered

    Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    do u agree with them lady N?
    Naw, I mean, come on! We all know Disney is overpriced. That doesn't (and won't) stop me from spending my entire entertainment budget there. Some people go to the movies, some go to concerts, I go to DLR. And I'm OK with that.

    I agree with Barbara, we all choose how we spend our money, and if you have a problem with the prices at Disney, by all means don't go! Of course I know that the two people I knew would be part of that conversation DON'T go. They used to, and wish that the Disney company would be like it was "in the good ol' days". That is a fair point, I am not here to say that Disney ISN'T motivated by profits above all else. That is their prerogative - they are a business. We have all proven that we will continue paying top dollar for lower quality and poorer service. So...I mean, there are times when I agree with some things that these two have said (in general, not necessarily in this thread).

    But the bottom line for me is that DLR is still worth the money...to me. And I go and eat at Blue Bayou and Carthay Circle and Napa Rose...semi-frequently. I pay for coffee drinks at Pig Cafe and Jolly Holiday, and adult beverages at Trader Sam's. I go to hard-ticketed events like the Halloween Party, and I go to as many AP events as I can. I also stay on-property as often as possible. I am aware that Disney gets my hard-earned money, and I don't need others to point it out to me. Especially in an Off-Topic manner in a thread where clearly the OP had something else in mind. Rude!

    Ok, now, see? Don't you wish you hadn't asked me my opinion?!

  3. #408

    • Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    16,597

    Re: RCMC #122: We're All Just a Bit Scattered

    YOu know...I have spent a long time working on how to clear out the negativity in my life...that thread just made me ralize..it can't be avoided. It must only be dealt with.

  4. #409

    • Elven Queen of Caffeine
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    35 mins from DLR
    Posts
    1,596

    Re: RCMC #122: We're All Just a Bit Scattered

    Sorry, Clara! I wasn't meaning to continue the negativity...

  5. #410

    • Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    16,597

    Re: RCMC #122: We're All Just a Bit Scattered

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyNimrodelle View Post
    Sorry, Clara! I wasn't meaning to continue the negativity...
    NO no! I didn't mean in THIS thread...in another thread...It's wonderful in here !

    LOVE LOVE!

  6. #411

    • Elven Queen of Caffeine
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    35 mins from DLR
    Posts
    1,596

    Re: RCMC #122: We're All Just a Bit Scattered


  7. #412

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,634
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: RCMC #122: We're All Just a Bit Scattered

    Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    random question about computers...

    Would anyone know how I can change my web browser to make the screen bigger. The words are so tiny and the screen is scrunched. I'm using firefox.
    Um... I'm good with random... but not random computer stuff...

    Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Penguinsoda...I believe that Sirius has Christmas music on separate channels now. I hated it when they took the 40s channel away for six weeks in years past.
    I was FURIOUS last year when they did that. Because I only have the "Mostly Music" subscription so I couldn't get the Christmas music last year at all because they moved it to a channel I couldn't get. I was so furious that I was even banned from their FaceBook page for the things I said to/about them....

    I thought I saw on their FB page that the Christmas music was going to be back on the 40's on 4 station again this year instead of moving it to a higher channel. And yes... people were complaining about that just like last year I was complaining about them moving it.... but I haven't even turned on my receiver in weeks... not sure why I'm still even paying for it since I've been listening to the Christmas station on the music channels on Direct instead.

    I almost dropped Sirius last year... it was a very painful thing to even think about doing because when I got it I felt like it was the best thing in the world because music is so important to me and such an important part of my life... maybe thats why, despite not listening to it I still haven't canceled it.

    Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    YOu know...I have spent a long time working on how to clear out the negativity in my life...that thread just made me ralize..it can't be avoided. It must only be dealt with.
    Pretty much...

    And as to the prices of "treats" in Disneyland... sure they are over priced. But Disney is a business and they can charge what ever they want, and I can choose to either buy or walk on by. When I'm at the park more often than not I do the walking, because $10 for a carmel apple is nuts.... but by golly I will spend $5 on a frozen banana and I will spend $5 on a rice crispy treat that I could make at home for pennies because I want to and I can. And if someone else wants to spend $10 on an apple.... more power to them.

    And no matter what the price, I still like to look at food porn. (Sorry Barbara)

    ---------- Post added 11-19-2012 at 06:46 PM ----------

    And it looks like I'm still banned from the 40's on 4 FB page....




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

  8. #413

    •   
    • Chicago Gal
    • Online

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    54,234
    Blog Entries
    120

    Re: RCMC #122: We're All Just a Bit Scattered

    Actually I don't believe the biggest critics to Disney's prices are the abstainers. Quite the contrary.

    ---------- Post added 11-19-2012 at 09:25 PM ----------

    So Barry, if a trip to Disneyland is out of your budget, how about an afternoon with Barbaraann, and I'll buy you lunch. I have a 10 night, 11 day trip coming up really soon. There are plenty of great restaurants outside of the park.

    ---------- Post added 11-19-2012 at 09:40 PM ----------

    I'm surprised the Mice Munchies column on MiceChat's Home Page has only two comments, and nobody complaining at the ridiculous prices of WDW's holiday treats.

  9. #414

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,634
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: RCMC #122: We're All Just a Bit Scattered

    Yes because the prices at WDW are not any less than Disneyland...




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

  10. #415

    •   
    • Chicago Gal
    • Online

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    54,234
    Blog Entries
    120

    Re: RCMC #122: We're All Just a Bit Scattered

    My grandson admitted he was addicted to Facebook today.

    I admitted that I was smart enough not to go down that road. I have enough diversions in my life.

    ---------- Post added 11-19-2012 at 09:54 PM ----------

    I am enjoying watching the Matlock series. It is on at 9 p.m., here in Chicago. My mom used to watch Matlock each morning. She really enjoyed Andy Griiffith.

  11. #416

    •   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Posts
    65,634
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: RCMC #122: We're All Just a Bit Scattered

    I wouldn't say I'm addicted.... I peek in a few times a day... see what everything else is up to... but don't post a lot myself.




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

  12. #417

    • Goofy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    in wonderland.
    Posts
    20,653

    Re: RCMC #122: We're All Just a Bit Scattered

    hey room

  13. #418

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    orange county,ca
    Posts
    6,499

    Re: RCMC #122: We're All Just a Bit Scattered

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyNimrodelle View Post
    Naw, I mean, come on! We all know Disney is overpriced. That doesn't (and won't) stop me from spending my entire entertainment budget there. Some people go to the movies, some go to concerts, I go to DLR. And I'm OK with that.

    I agree with Barbara, we all choose how we spend our money, and if you have a problem with the prices at Disney, by all means don't go! Of course I know that the two people I knew would be part of that conversation DON'T go. They used to, and wish that the Disney company would be like it was "in the good ol' days". That is a fair point, I am not here to say that Disney ISN'T motivated by profits above all else. That is their prerogative - they are a business. We have all proven that we will continue paying top dollar for lower quality and poorer service. So...I mean, there are times when I agree with some things that these two have said (in general, not necessarily in this thread).

    But the bottom line for me is that DLR is still worth the money...to me. And I go and eat at Blue Bayou and Carthay Circle and Napa Rose...semi-frequently. I pay for coffee drinks at Pig Cafe and Jolly Holiday, and adult beverages at Trader Sam's. I go to hard-ticketed events like the Halloween Party, and I go to as many AP events as I can. I also stay on-property as often as possible. I am aware that Disney gets my hard-earned money, and I don't need others to point it out to me. Especially in an Off-Topic manner in a thread where clearly the OP had something else in mind. Rude!

    Ok, now, see? Don't you wish you hadn't asked me my opinion?!

    cool beans~

  14. #419

    • Elven Queen of Caffeine
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    35 mins from DLR
    Posts
    1,596

    Re: RCMC #122: We're All Just a Bit Scattered

    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    hey room
    Hi Rex.

    I am...slightly addicted to FB. I am on there all the time, mostly so I can stalk friends I don't get to see anymore.

  15. #420

    • Goofy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    in wonderland.
    Posts
    20,653

    Re: RCMC #122: We're All Just a Bit Scattered

    hi ladynimrodelle

    oh you are not alone on that one. i am mostly on facebook most of time too. i am also looking for friends when i was in school with them. trying to have a chat with them

Similar Threads

  1. [Trip Report] The Trip That Happened After All...Just Two Weeks Later :)
    By animagusurreal in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-07-2008, 11:46 AM
  2. Seeing red: motorists and byclists...can't we all just get along?
    By Radiobarry in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-10-2007, 09:50 PM
  3. Are you all just saying...
    By FoundMyHappyPlace in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-04-2007, 10:26 AM
  4. Y'all have me a bit worried!!
    By twinmom in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 05-04-2005, 03:32 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •