Page 33 of 136 FirstFirst ... 82330313233343536435883133 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 495 of 2038
  1. #481

    •   
    • Chicago Gal
    • Online

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    54,217
    Blog Entries
    120

    Re: RCMC #122: We're All Just a Bit Scattered

    I took my turkey out of the refrigerator, and I hope that it is thawed out. Then I can make my cornbread stuffing using the giblets. Not sure if I'll stuff that in the turkey, or just bake it in the baking dish. Why all of a sudden do they report that it's not safe to stuff the bird? I have been doing it for years.

    I'll be popping in and out. Lots of chores need doing today. The bathroom will get what my mom used to call a "lick and a promise". I should have cleaned it thoroughly yesterday, but when the dryer broke down, I go sidetracked by other things. Thank goodness the repair man is coming today, so hopefully I can at least wash towels.

    Happy Day Before Thanksgiving.

    ---------- Post added 11-21-2012 at 08:55 AM ----------

    I made the Roundup for two weeks in a row with the same thread. I need to finish up my collages and complete the thread. I hope to do that over the weekend.

  2. #482

    • Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    16,597

    Re: RCMC #122: We're All Just a Bit Scattered

    Morning all!

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I took my turkey out of the refrigerator, and I hope that it is thawed out. Then I can make my cornbread stuffing using the giblets. Not sure if I'll stuff that in the turkey, or just bake it in the baking dish. Why all of a sudden do they report that it's not safe to stuff the bird? I have been doing it for years.

    I'll be popping in and out. Lots of chores need doing today. The bathroom will get what my mom used to call a "lick and a promise". I should have cleaned it thoroughly yesterday, but when the dryer broke down, I go sidetracked by other things. Thank goodness the repair man is coming today, so hopefully I can at least wash towels.

    Happy Day Before Thanksgiving.

    Happy Thanksgiving to you! And don't worry about the bathroom. I forgot to do my laundry last night so now, guess what I get to do during my lunch break today!

  3. #483

    • Elven Queen of Caffeine
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    35 mins from DLR
    Posts
    1,596

    Re: RCMC #122: We're All Just a Bit Scattered

    Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Yup. But Ralphs offers e-coupons meaning I've registered my card on their website and they have a full list of coupons for all kinds of things. I load them onto my Ralphs club card and when I scan the card at check out not only am I getting the Ralphs card exclusives but also all the coupons I added.
    Also, I get paper coupons from Ralphs for being a preffered member. Sometimes $10 off purchases and more coupons on things.
    I love Ralphs and my club card.

    I also get 20cents off a gallon on gas at their gas station.

    Where is there a Ralphs?? I haven't seen one of those in ages....

    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Happy Wed! Not sure how much I'll be around the next few days... but I'll try to peek in before I collapse at night! Hope everyone has a great day before Turkey day!
    Thank you! I just wish we had gotten today off (paid) as well. 99% of the classes have been cancelled for today, so we have had like 5 customers this morning.

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I took my turkey out of the refrigerator, and I hope that it is thawed out. Then I can make my cornbread stuffing using the giblets. Not sure if I'll stuff that in the turkey, or just bake it in the baking dish. Why all of a sudden do they report that it's not safe to stuff the bird? I have been doing it for years.

    I'll be popping in and out. Lots of chores need doing today. The bathroom will get what my mom used to call a "lick and a promise". I should have cleaned it thoroughly yesterday, but when the dryer broke down, I go sidetracked by other things. Thank goodness the repair man is coming today, so hopefully I can at least wash towels.

    Happy Day Before Thanksgiving.
    Happy Day Before Thanksgiving to you too! I admire you for actually preparing your Thanksgiving meal....we are going to Thanksgiving Dinner at the Disneyland Hotel: no slaving over a hot stove/oven, no clean-up...and no leftovers, but I'll deal with that last bit.

    Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Morning all!



    Happy Thanksgiving to you! And don't worry about the bathroom. I forgot to do my laundry last night so now, guess what I get to do during my lunch break today!
    Ah, it must be nice to get an hour for lunch....that is my next job requirement. No more of these 30 minute lunch breaks for me. After my last job, my goal was to never again have to clean a public restroom, so that has been accomplished, but I really wish I had longer lunch breaks.

  4. #484

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    orange county,ca
    Posts
    6,499

    Re: RCMC #122: We're All Just a Bit Scattered

    *sigh* ..umm can you guys tell me if this photo we took last night( photo pass photo) looks right to you?



    ---------- Post added 11-21-2012 at 09:43 AM ----------

    visit went fine. that's all i am going to say about that, since two things are bringing .. well actually 3 things are bringing me down today....but anyhow happy thanksgiving everyone
    Last edited by Poisonedapples; 11-21-2012 at 09:44 AM.

  5. #485

    • Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    16,597

    Re: RCMC #122: We're All Just a Bit Scattered

    Quote Originally Posted by LadyNimrodelle View Post
    Where is there a Ralphs?? I haven't seen one of those in ages....


    Ah, it must be nice to get an hour for lunch....that is my next job requirement. No more of these 30 minute lunch breaks for me. After my last job, my goal was to never again have to clean a public restroom, so that has been accomplished, but I really wish I had longer lunch breaks.
    There are TONS of Ralphs where I live. I am pretty much equally in between two different Ralphs. But I use the Ralphs with the gas station. Reminds me...I need to get gas before I head to my parents for Thanksgiving.

    I have never not gotten an hour for lunch, except for in retail. I even live close enough to my job that I can go home for lunch

    ---------- Post added 11-21-2012 at 09:52 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    *sigh* ..umm can you guys tell me if this photo we took last night( photo pass photo) looks right to you?



    ---------- Post added 11-21-2012 at 09:43 AM ----------

    visit went fine. that's all i am going to say about that, since two things are bringing .. well actually 3 things are bringing me down today....but anyhow happy thanksgiving everyone
    Uh..no that photo does not look right and you should send a complaint to Photo Pass. The photographer needed to change the white balance setting on the camera.

    I'm sorry you are feeling down. I was suddenly hit with depression yesterday for no apparent reason really. Like a wave of just sadness.

  6. #486

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    orange county,ca
    Posts
    6,499

    Re: RCMC #122: We're All Just a Bit Scattered

    yeah i thought it was just me , but the photo pass photos we have all like 6 of them look HORRIBLE~ it was suppose to be our xmas photo now what? ugh...crud. nah i already complained about my photo not showing in the system for my pass the head cheese of guest relations called me personally yesterday while i was at the park and told me that had fixed the problem .. the barcode for the photo pass on my pass was not attatched correctly to the sytem, so no matter how many times they took the photo it wasn't showing up when they scanned my pass at turnstiles and it was a pain the behind to have to show id and then to purchase something was a pain also...so they said they had done the research, had looked at my pass file.. he knew i was in the park, that's kinda scary.my cousin was making a joke " he's watchign you. he can see you in the security cameras, he knows your eating cotton candy and gonna get a sugar high.." ..anyhow yeah so umm pass photo not working.. well wasnt and then THIS photo pass photos..

    clara i am sorry, i knwo what it's like to get depression, you just want to curl into a lemon shell and hide.. right? well i do.. and so i know what it feels like you just gotta see that every cloud has a silver lining and try hard to overcome the bad feelings

    ---------- Post added 11-21-2012 at 10:03 AM ----------

    o btw,. that was THEIR camera not mind that took that photo.

    ---------- Post added 11-21-2012 at 10:10 AM ----------

    i did on the other hand get treat photos for the treat photo thread! i did not get my demitasse dessert, couldn't find it. but i did have cotton candy, not the candy cane one, the line was too long and we were on a mad dash for the parade, but at least i can go back and try it cause i an jonesing for it bad! I am such a foodie!

  7. #487

    • Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    16,597

    Re: RCMC #122: We're All Just a Bit Scattered

    Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    yeah i thought it was just me , but the photo pass photos we have all like 6 of them look HORRIBLE~ it was suppose to be our xmas photo now what? ugh...crud. nah i already complained about my photo not showing in the system for my pass the head cheese of guest relations called me personally yesterday while i was at the park and told me that had fixed the problem .. the barcode for the photo pass on my pass was not attatched correctly to the sytem, so no matter how many times they took the photo it wasn't showing up when they scanned my pass at turnstiles and it was a pain the behind to have to show id and then to purchase something was a pain also...so they said they had done the research, had looked at my pass file.. he knew i was in the park, that's kinda scary.my cousin was making a joke " he's watchign you. he can see you in the security cameras, he knows your eating cotton candy and gonna get a sugar high.." ..anyhow yeah so umm pass photo not working.. well wasnt and then THIS photo pass photos..

    clara i am sorry, i knwo what it's like to get depression, you just want to curl into a lemon shell and hide.. right? well i do.. and so i know what it feels like you just gotta see that every cloud has a silver lining and try hard to overcome the bad feelings

    ---------- Post added 11-21-2012 at 10:03 AM ----------

    o btw,. that was THEIR camera not mind that took that photo.
    I still think you should call back and tell them the photos turned out icky. Even send them a copy of one of them. And I know it was their camera. The CM photographer needed to fix the white balance on their camera. Photo Pass photos should never look like that.

    And depression sucks. I tried the medication many years ago but it either didn't work with certain meds and iwth others....I ended up feeling NOTHING. I would rather feel sadness than nothing. So I never took meds again and it took me almost a year to come down from them. I kept getting nerve spasms for the year after I stopped taking them. Then it mellowed out and I learned to deal with the waves of depression as they come.

    Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    clara i am sorry, i knwo what it's like to get depression, you just want to curl into a lemon shell and hide.. right? well i do..and so i know what it feels like you just gotta see that every cloud has a silver lining and try hard to overcome the bad feelings
    And I probabley shouldn't admit this but I don't feel like staying in bed when I'm depressed...I feel like punching a wall or pillow. But those moments are VERY rare for me and I quickly advert my attention elsewhere if I begin to feel that. But it's mostly the lonliness that triggers it or money problems.




  8. #488

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    orange county,ca
    Posts
    6,499

    Re: RCMC #122: We're All Just a Bit Scattered

    i know they shouldn't look like that... ugh..

    well clara, when you need to feel happy, just come here! we will cheer u up!

  9. #489

    •   
    • Chicago Gal
    • Online

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    54,217
    Blog Entries
    120

    Re: RCMC #122: We're All Just a Bit Scattered

    I have been cooking Thanksgiving Dinner my whole entire married life. Most of those 46 years I did it all on my own. There were a few years where my arm was twisted and I had to get in the car and go to one of my inlaws house. That's sister in laws and mother in law's. After my mother in law passed away in 1992, all the Thanksgivings have been at my house.

    I don't fuss over the turkey at all. Just 20 minutes a pound. No basting, just lots of water in the bottom of the pan, so the drippings don't stick. I never made gravy. It's always out of a can, or in today's supermarket, that's now a jar.

    I do as much as I can the day before, which is today. I have already made my stuffing. cooked the sweet potatoes, and I am making some corn mini muffins. I put some creamstyle corn in the batter, and they taste pretty good. Although, I should have filled the little paper cups a bit higher.

    Thanksgiving's not perfect, but it must not be too bad, since they keep coming back each and every year.

  10. #490

    • Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    16,597

    Re: RCMC #122: We're All Just a Bit Scattered

    CONGRATULATIONS TO POISONEDAPPLES AND BARBARAANN FOR MAKING THE NOVEMBER MICECHAT NEWSLETTER!!

    Holidays at DLR: Treat Photos Poisonedapples wants to see your photos of Disneyland's special holiday treats, and starts us off with some tempting gingerbread cookies

    Disneyland Resort Photo Collages Barbaraann reviewed her photos from her most recent Disneyland trip, and placed the best into some wonderful groups! Here's her photo scrapbook!

    Barbaraann even has one of her photo collages featured in the Newsletter!!

  11. #491

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    orange county,ca
    Posts
    6,499

    Re: RCMC #122: We're All Just a Bit Scattered

    ..wait what?

    ohh cool for us barbaraann

  12. #492

    •   
    • Chicago Gal
    • Online

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    54,217
    Blog Entries
    120

    Re: RCMC #122: We're All Just a Bit Scattered

    Thanks Clara.

  13. #493

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    orange county,ca
    Posts
    6,499

    Re: RCMC #122: We're All Just a Bit Scattered

    the photo collages look simple! and i did do a wicked good job on the 1st post graphic..good for us !

    ---------- Post added 11-21-2012 at 11:37 AM ----------

    thanks 4 letting us know, i don't think otherwise i would have

    ---------- Post added 11-21-2012 at 12:30 PM ----------

    why do doony and burke bag have to be so darn expensive.saw the new mini barrel bag at Disneyland. $105. to me that's a lot for a tiny purse of that size, i know the brand name has to do with it, but is that a expensive price? Does anybody know much about hand bags?

  14. #494

    • Goofy
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    in wonderland.
    Posts
    20,653

    Re: RCMC #122: We're All Just a Bit Scattered

    hi room. happy thanksgiving room

  15. #495

    • Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    16,597

    Re: RCMC #122: We're All Just a Bit Scattered

    Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    why do doony and burke bag have to be so darn expensive.saw the new mini barrel bag at Disneyland. $105. to me that's a lot for a tiny purse of that size, i know the brand name has to do with it, but is that a expensive price? Does anybody know much about hand bags?

    I am so not into purses and makeup and jewlery like most women are but I LOVE those Disney bags. I want ALL the Snow White ones!

    ---------- Post added 11-21-2012 at 01:42 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    hi room. happy thanksgiving room
    Greetings Rex. Happy T-giving to you!

Similar Threads

  1. [Trip Report] The Trip That Happened After All...Just Two Weeks Later :)
    By animagusurreal in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-07-2008, 11:46 AM
  2. Seeing red: motorists and byclists...can't we all just get along?
    By Radiobarry in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-10-2007, 09:50 PM
  3. Are you all just saying...
    By FoundMyHappyPlace in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-04-2007, 10:26 AM
  4. Y'all have me a bit worried!!
    By twinmom in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 05-04-2005, 03:32 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •