Page 41 of 136 FirstFirst ... 163138394041424344516691 ... LastLast

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: RCMC #122: We're All Just a Bit Scattered

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

I always thought that was a sad song for some reason....

It's kinda bittersweet, especially when you know the "backstory" of it, which has been pretty widely reported so I am not revealing any family secrets.

Good morning everyone! Another Monday and I am still on the right side of the grass! Hello to my RCMC peeps.

---------- Post added 11-26-2012 at 08:48 AM ----------

$0 is what I spent on holiday shopping last weekend.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Good morning everyone! Another Monday and I am still on the right side of the grass! Hello to my RCMC peeps..
    Am I understanding that statement to mean you aren't 6 feet under?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Actually my grandson hates eggs. Sometimes he pops in before he heads off to school. Sometimes not. I actually don't mind cooking for him. I like having him around. It's nice having him living 2 flights up, rather than somewhere else, where I might not see him much.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Actually my grandson hates eggs. Sometimes he pops in before he heads off to school. Sometimes not. I actually don't mind cooking for him. I like having him around. It's nice having him living 2 flights up, rather than somewhere else, where I might not see him much.
    This is how my mother is as well. My kid could be at his loudest most annoying yet she still doesn't mind anything as long as he's near her.

Which makes me the bad guy because I"m the disciplinary and with no father/husband around I'm the disciplinary AND the "male" figure AND the soft gentle mother to.

It's tough. Probably the toughest thing I've ever had to endure, being a single mother.

But not having a husband sucks more sometimes because for instance, I want to take a road trip to visit my sister in Montana but I fear for the safety issues. Its a 16 hour drive and I LOVE driving across new lands and the trip goes through Las Vegas, then Salt Lake City, then some of Idaho then Montana and that just excites me but, I couldn't drive the 16 hours straight because there would be no driver to switch off with and I would have to grow eyes in the back of my head WHENEVER we stopped for food, gas, a hotel for the night. Of course, I would start the journey at the crack of dawn or earlier so that the driving doesn't go into the night as we can be in a hotel room in a BIG city by night fall....

Hmmm...I'm getting excited thinking about this I love road trips so much!

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    I want to take a road trip to visit my sister in Montana but I fear for the safety issues. Its a 16 hour drive and I LOVE driving across new lands and the trip goes through Las Vegas, then Salt Lake City, then some of Idaho then Montana and that just excites me but, I couldn't drive the 16 hours straight because there would be no driver to switch off with and I would have to grow eyes in the back of my head WHENEVER we stopped for food, gas, a hotel for the night. Of course, I would start the journey at the crack of dawn or earlier so that the driving doesn't go into the night as we can be in a hotel room in a BIG city by night fall....

Hmmm...I'm getting excited thinking about this I love road trips so much!
    I do not understand this. I HATE driving. I like road trips as a passenger, but I can't imagine driving for that long and enjoying myself. To each their own though...

As for the single mother bit, you can do it!! I don't know how my mother did it, and she was SO young when she had me (19) but I turned out ok, I think, and we have a great relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNimrodelle View Post
    I do not understand this. I HATE driving. I like road trips as a passenger, but I can't imagine driving for that long and enjoying myself. To each their own though...

As for the single mother bit, you can do it!! I don't know how my mother did it, and she was SO young when she had me (19) but I turned out ok, I think, and we have a great relationship.
    There is a reason I have doubts about this and myself ALL the time but this forum is in public view so I can't say.

But I'm highly considering a road trip to Montana. I know I can DO it. It's safety reasons really.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Am I understanding that statement to mean you aren't 6 feet under?

Yes indeed! Isn't that a reason for gratitude right there? That's what I am learning, one day at a time!

---------- Post added 11-26-2012 at 11:57 AM ----------

Reminder...feel free to visit any time...

http://micechat.com/forums/fun-games...post1056872022

---------- Post added 11-26-2012 at 12:17 PM ----------

It's harder to raise your post count nowadays. Seems like I have been stuck in the 22,000's for like...years...now. Oh wait...

---------- Post added 11-26-2012 at 12:19 PM ----------

[QUOTE=clara;1056872058]

But I'm highly considering a road trip to Montana. I know I can DO it. [QUOTE]

The only thing you have to fear is....someone stealing a quote from Franklin D. Roosevelt.
    Seriously, you are a great lady and can do anything you put your mind to.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

There is a reason I have doubts about this and myself ALL the time but this forum is in public view so I can't say.

But I'm highly considering a road trip to Montana. I know I can DO it. It's safety reasons really.
    For years my mom would drive down by herself from Idaho. She would spend the night in Vegas usually then come the rest of the way the next day. Once in a while I (and daughter) would go back with her and fly back. After my mom died I was there finishing up stuff and daughter and her friend came back with my husband and I drove back by myself. I drove the entire way from Twin Falls home in one day, and it about killed me. It was over 12 straight hours in the car, and it was way to much.

But I'd do it again but split it up more. Don't think I'd want to drive alone not because of any safety issues but because it would be so freaking boring driving alone. When I went to Nor Cal for my daughters graduation her best friend came with me and it was nice to have someone to pass the time, and she had books on "tape" that we listened to on the way too.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Available for road trip companionship. Just feed me and buy me a Stuckey's peanut log and you can have hours of sparkling companionship, and my wife's full blessing to get me out of the house. No Stuckeys? Okay, I'll just keep an eye out for the Burma Shave signs on route 66.

LOL you guys make me laugh...

• Sock Puppet

hey everyone

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

good afternoon....

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I bought a new camera. It's a Nikon just like my old one, only it has 16 megapixels. I don't even remember the small amount of megapixels that the old one has. The camera came with a CD that loaded a picture program onto the computer. One more place for me to store photos. One day when, Christmas is over and I have loads of time, I will figure out how all that works. I did take a few sample pictures and then used the USB thingy that came with the camera. The pictures loaded automatically, but I still don't like how pictures on a Mac are given all these weird numbers, instead of letting me name the file, and numbering them systematically after that. The PC does it so much better. That's the one feature I really miss the most not having the PC. Otherwise I am learning how Mac does it, and actually getting things done. I do need to hook up my external hard drive, and backing up some files.

I slept lated due to playing with the new camera, so I am way behind this morning. I need to get in my kitchen and do some cooking before I get sidetracked with anything else.

Happy Monday.

---------- Post added 11-26-2012 at 08:51 AM ----------

i like that song it is so nice to listen and it helps me relax and it is a good movie to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    i like that song it is so nice to listen and it helps me relax and it is a good movie to watch.
    Wow..I wished Youtube wasn't blocked at my work computer..I have no idead what that is a clip of :P

• Goofy

Wow..I wished Youtube wasn't blocked at my work computer..I have no idead what that is a clip of :P
    that song is from beauty and the beast and the enchanted christmas. good movie.

---------- Post added 11-26-2012 at 02:29 PM ----------

hi rooom