Page 46 of 136 FirstFirst ... 213643444546474849567196 ... LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: RCMC #122: We're All Just a Bit Scattered

Rob!

Byron!!!! Hey are you guys going to be at the anniversary?? You know we are planning a RCMC dinner for the weekend!! You guys better be there!!!

OMG!!!! And Dom too!!! I see Dom peeking in!!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Merry 2014!

Hello all!
    Last edited by Fantasmico!; 11-27-2012 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Must have smileys!!
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Holy cow even F! is here!!! Party time!!!

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Merry 2014!

WOOT!! *Does some fancy Zumba moves*

Soooo, how you Pengy? What is this newsletter thingy? When is the anniversary next year? Last weekend in January?
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• world class bilge rat

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    IM BACK.

i was so nervous when i was walking across the not so smooth gravel driveway to the back where they do the tire repair i almost tripped and i felt my knee's almost give out, i mean i was shaking so bad in nervousness! anyhow so i got to talk to wayne, and i made my amends he has my #, he says we will hang out sometime. he lives in the same city as me. but i feel better now i had to say something to him that i been wanting to say for 7 years.. although it included a sorry, it didn't include what else i had to say..but we didn't have much to time thank goodness too cause as nervous as i was telling him after 7 years that i was in love with him back then i am sure i would screwed it up big time! but so i didn't get to tell him that part, but i did manage the sorry part.
    I'm speaking from the perspective of a guy who was married to a bi-polar wife for 25 years. Sadly, she left this world about 7 years ago, in the usual way for a person suffering from this disease. My views could easily be a bit skewed.

The fact that you were this nervous says that you have still some serious feelings for Wayne. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. In fact, after 7 years, it speaks highly of the depth of your character.

His actual feelings are hard to say at this point. If a gal I sorta liked, or maybe even didn't like very much gave me her number, I'd take it and even say I'll call sometime. I'd very likely mean it at the time, but after thinking it over for a while, maybe I would, maybe not.

The reason (mine anyway, I'm 56 and been single for 7 years. Not many gals want an 'old dude'), is because going through the pain of rejection because of a disease, I have a REALLY hard time rejecting anyone for any reason. I don't want anyone to ever feel what I felt. Yes, I know how dumb it is to not be up front with feelings, but I think most of us guys are just like that.

I realize this may very well not be exactly how any other guy would think, but it's how I do.

If an 'old flame' came to me after 7 years and I still had feelings for her, I'd play it by ear. I wouldn't make too many commitments or assumptions just yet.

Depending on how it ended for the two of you (your need to apologize says it didn't end well), I'd be really careful, but my feelings would eventually cause me to get over the pain, and realize that neither one of us is the same person we were back then. Time heals all wounds, even emotional ones.......especially emotional ones......

Even though the ball is in his court now, after a day or so, a simple text message like 'wanna get together for coffee sometime' would be perfectly fine. If he doesn't want to (or is afraid to), he'll likely just ignore it. If he does reply, then he's at least slightly interested. Don't see him in person just yet; give him an easy out. If you push too hard, it'll scare him.

Any guy can become deathly afraid of any gal at any time, no matter what we seem like on the outside. We know for an absolute fact that gals can hurt us a LOT. Even when they don't mean to. Because of this, most of us learn at an early age how to conceal our true feelings. Dumb as it may sound, to us, it's almost a matter of survival.

Remember, us guys are nowhere near as in touch with our feelings as you gals are. It can take us a long time to even recognize what our feelings are, let alone act on them.

I know you're nervous about this, but if you can see past what once was and see what could be, it'll make things easier. I realize this is a rough time, but you have the strength of character to become an even better person regardless of how this turns out.

You seem to me to be a pretty cool person, if I were Wayne, I'd be putting some serious effort into seeing past the pain of 7 years ago, and looking at the present.

This is also a sort of test of Waynes character. If he can see you for what you are now, and not his perception of 7 years ago, he's a keeper.

I wish you the very best of the very best,
    Rob

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico! View Post
    WOOT!! *Does some fancy Zumba moves*

Soooo, how you Pengy? What is this newsletter thingy? When is the anniversary next year? Last weekend in January?
    The newsletter is my annual Christmas newsletter that goes out in Christmas cards to mostly family.

And the anniversary meet will actually be the first weekend in Feb this year!

And Rob is a very wise and wonderful person!

• world class bilge rat

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    I am not crying anymore...but I can't divulge anymore becuase of the non-private nature of this forum
    I'm sorry you're feeling bad, Clara. I like you, and want the best for you.

Feel free to PM me anytime.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Hey Rex! Hows it going this evening?
    doing good. just home relaxing and listening to music. how are y ou penguinsoda?

• Merry 2014!

Hey Rob! How are you these days? Everytime I see someone working on stop lights I think, "Hmm, I wonder if that's Rob?" lol

My hat's off to you. . . my condolences too for your loss. . . living with someone who has a mental illness can be trying. . . every member of my family has some kind of mental illness from depression to bi-polar and borderline. It's difficult.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Goofy

Hello all!
    hi fantasmico

• world class bilge rat

Almost forgot;

Hi, Rex!

Hi, Byron!

Hi, F!

Hi, Pengy!

I really hope I didn't forget anyone......

Lol.

• Merry 2014!

The newsletter is my annual Christmas newsletter that goes out in Christmas cards to mostly family.

And the anniversary meet will actually be the first weekend in Feb this year!

And Rob is a very wise and wonderful person!
    Well, get crackin' cause Christmas will be here toot sweet!

Wow, first weekend in February. . . buckin' tradition.

Agree that Rob is a wise, thoughtful, and wonderful person!

---------- Post added 11-27-2012 at 09:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    hi fantasmico
    Hi Rex! How ya doing?
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• world class bilge rat

Hey Rob! How are you these days? Everytime I see someone working on stop lights I think, "Hmm, I wonder if that's Rob?" lol

My hat's off to you. . . my condolences too for your loss. . . living with someone who has a mental illness can be trying. . . every member of my family has some kind of mental illness from depression to bi-polar and borderline. It's difficult.
    Hey there, F!

I'm doing well. I spent about 3 1/2 months at an oil refining plant in Tacoma WA., got back a month or so ago.

Yes, I still work on traffic signals once in a while, not as much as before. There are now 3 guys who can do the control cabinets, it sure makes it easier on me!!

How are you these days?

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    doing good. just home relaxing and listening to music. how are y ou penguinsoda?
    Doing ok... trying to multi task!

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    Almost forgot;

Hi, Rex!

Hi, Byron!

Hi, F!

Hi, Pengy!

I really hope I didn't forget anyone......

Lol.
    I think thats a pretty good list.

Well, get crackin' cause Christmas will be here toot sweet!

Wow, first weekend in February. . . buckin' tradition.

Agree that Rob is a wise, thoughtful, and wonderful person!

---------- Post added 11-27-2012 at 09:09 PM ----------

Hi Rex! How ya doing?
    I know... its going to sneek up on me!!!!

• Sshhh, being very quiet

And I'm still avoiding finishing my newsletter. Got to get on it. I won't have weekends to work on it so I better get it done.
    I also started my family newsletter this afternoon. It's turning out pretty good. It will be my first newsletter.

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    I'm sorry you're feeling bad, Clara. I like you, and want the best for you.

Feel free to PM me anytime.
    Thanks a bunch. I'm feeling very much better now. Playing my Wizard 101

Unfortunantly, I also suffer from depression (I was diagnosed about 5 years ago) but I do not do the medication. I did do the medications for about 2 years but found that I would rather fell sadness than nothing at all, which is what the meds did for made. They turned me into an emotionless zombie. I control the bouts of depression now and just keep busy.