Page 48 of 136 FirstFirst ... 233845464748495051587398 ... LastLast

• Grim Grinning

Re: RCMC #122: We're All Just a Bit Scattered

My back's killing me! I get the distinct feeling that since everyone is in full holiday shopping mode, I won't be getting out of work on time any time soon. Gotta love when you remind people several times that you'll be closing in 20, 15, 10, 5, 2 minutes, been closed 10 minutes and they pretty much treat it as a suggestion. Ughhh. Something tells me I'm gonna start getting mean real quick. I'm already sick of Xmas toys that make noise.

• Merry 2014!

Gotta love the Xmas retail season. . . not really. I used to breathe and smile. Most of the time anyway. At least it doesn't last forever. . . and it pays the bills.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Amanders!!

Good gravy.... why am I still awake. So going to be hating the alarm going off in the morning so I'm a gonna nanner out now!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico! View Post
    Wizard 101? Is that like World of Warcraft?

I play Maplestory.
    No, not like WoW but it's a MMO for the kiddies. I like it. I couldn't do WoW anymore as it took up to much time.

Wizard 101
    Last edited by clara; 11-27-2012 at 11:11 PM.

• Merry 2014!

Nanners Pengy!!
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

Well good night guys

• Grim Grinning

Yeah, but after going on 9 years of these shenanigans, my patience tend to run short by the end of the night.

• Sock Puppet

..ohh boy.. i just got done doing 3 signatures! lol. still gotta to radiobarrys every day one tomorrow and redo mine cause its not that great and i hate it already...and i missed conan..oh well.. see ya all tomorrow.maybe

• Grim Grinning

Conan's pretty funny tonight! Gotta love Mel Brooks.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

And its morning..... possible rain in the forcast for later in the week I think. Yeah, I'll believe it when it happens.

---------- Post added 11-28-2012 at 06:31 AM ----------

And darn it.... last night I had something really profound to post in "that thread' but I was to tired and thought I'd wait until today.

And of course I can't even remember a bit of what I was going to write.....

But darn it.... was was profound.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Corporate greed spun off of holiday treats. Why did I know that was not going to turn out too well. Some people just have to get the last word I suppose.

Also the Walt Card is played way too much around here, and way too often in the wrong places. Memories in the past are for cherishing, but not at the expense of enjoying the things that are right in front of our noses, if we just take the time to open up our eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    And darn it.... last night I had something really profound to post in "that thread' but I was to tired and thought I'd wait until today.

"that" thread can bite me...I'm sick and tired of whiners and complainers, in my computer and in real life. Yes, Disney is expensive...IT'S FRIGGIN' DISNEY! And, as someone pointed out in "that" thread...this is California, one of the most economically corrupt and most expensive states in the Country.

But I will enjoy my visits there and ......wait for it.....

THIS NON-RICH SINGLE MOTHER WILL BUY A FRIGGIN' $10 CANDIED APPLE!

Ridiculous...

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Corporate greed spun off of holiday treats. Why did I know that was not going to turn out too well. Some people just have to get the last word I suppose.

Also the Walt Card is played way too much around here, and way too often in the wrong places. Memories in the past are for cherishing, but not at the expense of enjoying the things that are right in front of our noses, if we just take the time to open up our eyes.
    You are right about the Walt Card. Walt was back in the 50's/60's. Things were WAY different then. One could smoke where ever they wanted and woman wore dresses and high heels and men wore suits. I don't think flip flops were even invented back then!

It's like compareing apples to oranges when comparing the Disneyland of the 60's to now.

Also ridiculous.

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

What the.....PAGES?!?!?! Aw, I missed all the fun... and F! I missed F! AND Amanda!

Well, let me at least address the ones that stuck out to me:

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    I'm speaking from the perspective of a guy who was married to a bi-polar wife for 25 years. Sadly, she left this world about 7 years ago, in the usual way for a person suffering from this disease. My views could easily be a bit skewed.

<snip>

The reason (mine anyway, I'm 56 and been single for 7 years. Not many gals want an 'old dude'), is because going through the pain of rejection because of a disease, I have a REALLY hard time rejecting anyone for any reason. I don't want anyone to ever feel what I felt. Yes, I know how dumb it is to not be up front with feelings, but I think most of us guys are just like that.
    Aw, crap Rob...this post...I guess it really hit home because I am bipolar, and, as is the nature of the disease it is getting progressively worse from year to year. I don't like my highs or my lows, so it's very easy for me to stay on my meds, so I really hope I don't ever hurt anyone as your wife hurt you...thank you for sharing your insights.

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Unfortunantly, I also suffer from depression (I was diagnosed about 5 years ago) but I do not do the medication. I did do the medications for about 2 years but found that I would rather fell sadness than nothing at all, which is what the meds did for made. They turned me into an emotionless zombie. I control the bouts of depression now and just keep busy.
    Maybe they just didn't have you on the right med for you? I know I have had to play the med-go-round searching for the right cocktail for my particular brand of crazy, and I know how frustrating that can be. Of course, I would rather feel nothing than feel the way I did before I was diagnosed, so we are different in that way. Not that I feel nothing, I just can't cry even when I need to. But the trade-off is worth it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post

Pengy, you crack me up!!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post

Good Morning all!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I have spent way too much time in that thread this morning. Now I need to get back to doing some Christmasy things. I might even take a walk to the dollar store this afternoon, and see what I can spend my money on there. Not that I need anymore Christmas stuff.

The funny thing is that, in some ways, I think people of my generation really do think a lot like the people of this generation. However some want to hit you over the head with their idea of things, and not appreciate that there are some common values that people share regardless of what generation they grew up in. Quit telling me how old you are, and stop talking down to me. I feel it, and I'm older than most. Kids are smarter than that.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNimrodelle View Post
    Maybe they just didn't have you on the right med for you? I know I have had to play the med-go-round searching for the right cocktail for my particular brand of crazy, and I know how frustrating that can be. Of course, I would rather feel nothing than feel the way I did before I was diagnosed, so we are different in that way. Not that I feel nothing, I just can't cry even when I need to. But the trade-off is worth it to me.
    I tried many different kinds and wanted to get off the med-go-round. I can deal with things as they come.