Page 69 of 136 FirstFirst ... 194459666768697071727994119 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2038

• Sock Puppet

Re: RCMC #122: We're All Just a Bit Scattered

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNimrodelle View Post
    Hello all! Bit of a crowd tonight...

it's cause we all have the same syndrome--ISNWRWHS= It's saturday night why are we home syndrome

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    ..kelly..??what? me ? trouble? neeeeeevvvverrrrrrr

ugh
    so we put up our tree also today.. not that i wanted to or anything.. i hate putting christmas ornaments on my mom's tree because each one has a specific place.. it's annoying.. anyhow glad it's over and then i took a nap.. then i got up and started to download christmas music from Michael Buble and realized there is only a few xmas songs i really can handle ..i really like the Glee Cast version of last xmas...LOL.. and i am going to the store tomorrow to get a hair dryer once and for all.. plus i need hair products i ran out.. it sucks when you need hair spray and you just don't have it..LOL

anyhow here is my tree, it's not as big as it looks kids, iam just super super short lol
    I love putting on the ornaments - I hate putting on the lights! It would be annoying if every ornament had an assigned spot, though. I like taking them out and remembering the things they represent (most of my ornaments are sourvenirs from vacations, Disney, or are reminders of pets, etc).

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    My husband asked me how I got in the Christmas spirit so early this year. I asked him if he would rather that I be a Scrooge. No comment from that question.
    They learn quickly, eh? Haha

thanks radiobarry.. it is a fake tree.

kelly., thanks for warning about things like getting a christmas tree, when i get married i will know that this task is far to much for a man to handle. and that i will just have to do it myself.. lol lol speaking of men i made 2 cd's for my x ryan. we are friends now, but things are looking up as we might get back together, anyhow so i made these cd's with a bunch of songs like Neon Trees an Mary jane girls and Kriss kross and he got them in the mail, it was his xmas present and he told me he loved it it was sweet and he liked the songs!! SCORE!!!!! Major points!!!
    Hehe glad my experience may help others!

I love Christmas music, but I'm picky about it. I have found that I like the "oldies" version of most songs (Sinatra, Bing Crosby, etc). I found a station on iHeartRadio that I listen to on my overnights. I am very much an old soul with my music, though.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Merry 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I worked with people who worked at Disneyland when Walt was alive. Based on what they told me then, Walt's image was as you might imagine not exactly like the man in reality.
    While he was not totally consumed by the profit motive, he certainly was not averse to it. The premise behind "that" thread is flawed because the Walt Disney of then, as best I can tell, has been greatly "romanticized" from reality. While he was interested in providing quality family entertainment, he was also interested in making money. And his brother Roy was a businessman even moreso.
    My vote for a "third" gate in Anaheim woud be for Yesterland...at least back to the late 70s when I was still a young man and having the time of my life working there. Paging Rod Serling. Til he shows up, I will choose to enjoy today, and what is right in front of me.
    Very well done Barry! While Walt was visionary, he didn't invent anything new- he just improved and perfected things.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• world class bilge rat

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    It is a real tree. I prefer artificial on the pure fact that I have an irrational fear of my house catching on fire... but the hubs insists on a real tree. :-\
    Yes, a dry tree is indeed very easy to ignite.

If you keep it watered, it'll dry out slower and be less of a hazard.

The vast majority of tree fires are caused by the lights. The older incandescent bulbs can get hot enough to start a fire if their heat has nowhere to go. Like if it's covered by something.

The newer LED lights produce so little heat that it would be almost impossible to get hot enough to start a fire.

When we had live trees we lived away from town, and had lots of bare land. When the kids were old enough to understand, I took one of the dry trees out to a bare spot, wetted the ground around it, and lit it on fire.

Once they saw how fast it burned and how hot it got, they were very careful around live trees.

• Grim Grinning

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico! View Post
    I been making these lately:

I want some of these! They're adorable, they look like the ink spatters from Epic Mickey.

Nobody in my house is in the Christmas spirit, so I went and bought my own tree and put it in my room. It's maybe 4 feet, and the regular sized tree toppers are too big for it, so it's just kinda naked on top.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Every year I spend more money on Christmas than what I have saved. I hate doing it, but it isn't as bad this year as some. I have all my presents bought, and I still have to buy the holiday food. That basically will put me in the red, for my Christmas budget, so that's not really too bad.
    I don't do to bad. Since I only buy for my "kids" and hubby, mother in law and I don't exchange gifts since we don't need anything. But I still manage to spend plenty.

Here's a picture of my my Christmas tree.

Cool!!!!

Cards!!! THAT's what I need to be working on!
    pft... you and me both....

Beautiful tree Barbaraann!!!
    Hey Barry!

..kelly..??what? me ? trouble? neeeeeevvvverrrrrrr

ugh
    so we put up our tree also today.. not that i wanted to or anything.. i hate putting christmas ornaments on my mom's tree because each one has a specific place.. it's annoying.. anyhow glad it's over and then i took a nap.. then i got up and started to download christmas music from Michael Buble and realized there is only a few xmas songs i really can handle ..i really like the Glee Cast version of last xmas...LOL.. and i am going to the store tomorrow to get a hair dryer once and for all.. plus i need hair products i ran out.. it sucks when you need hair spray and you just don't have it..LOL

anyhow here is my tree, it's not as big as it looks kids, iam just super super short lol

oooh shiny!!! That one's pretty!

More than halfway through the thread. Must be the Christmas spirit. Of course, I am posting more often than I have in a while. Guess that helps a little.
    Yes it does and we are glad!

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    When I lived in Bend Oregon (1974 to 1990), we always got a real tree. Went up in the woods and cut it down ourselves.

The house I built there had a vaulted ceiling in the living room. The short end was about 11', and the tall end was more like 20'

Most years, we'd get a huge tree. Usually 15' or so. It was hard to get the bottom branches through the door, but somehow we made it.

Ever since I moved to Fernely, Nevada, we've had plastic trees. This is the first year we put it up in quite a while, we usually spend Christmas at my mom and dads in Bend.

We won't be going there this year though, I'm selling one of my rental houses to my oldest son and his wife, it'll close escrow right after Christmas and I need to be home.
    I grew up with real trees. The first year I was married we didn't get a tree because we were going to my in laws and hubby said they would have a tree.

The didn't. I was devastated. It was the first time in my life I was without a tree. After that we always had a tree, and it was always a real one. Then once our daughter moved out and most years she didn't make it home for Christmas I moved on to a fake one, but a full size (5-6 foot) tree. Then a couple of years ago, I got less interested in moving furniture and digging out the big tree and I got a 3-4 foot tall fake tree that I put on a shelf that sits on the recliner.

And thats has ambish as I get any more tree wise. If I ever hit the lottery and get a bigger place, maybe I'll go back to putting up a big real tree.

Not sure what my kids will do this year. They don't have much room for a tree but I reminded her that they could go to the BLM and get a permit and go out and cut their own tree...

Allo, allo, allo!

I have two small plastic trees that I usually put up in the living room and computer room but this year I'm thinking a pine wreath that can be hung on the wall high enough so the freakin' cats can't eat it nor the ornaments be broken!
    Ah yes... having kittehs makes things tricky.

I been making these lately:

Cute!

I love my real trees. Can't beat that smell in your house all season! Its worth the extra money to me.
    I have to admit... I do miss the smell of a real tree.... the spray stuff just isen't the same...

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Merry 2014!

this looks like something a cat would play with.. LOL

hello

Tell your hubs that a fake tree pays it self off after like 1 year of use or so, becuase you don't have to keep spending $40-100 or so on a real tree EVERY year!! you'd be saving money by havng the fake tree ours looks stinkin real as can be! and it won't catch on fire!
    Funny you should mention animals, I am making a few of these for cats and dogs, LOL. I know the owners of a pet strore and they agreed to test market a few. We'll see how it goes.

And you can keep a fake tree wired for lights, so no more struggling to string lights every year too. I really like faux trees, just don't have room for a big one.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• world class bilge rat

Oh, almost forgot;

Hi, Barry

Hi, Kelly

Hi, Sara

Hi, LN

Hi, F!

I hope I didn't miss anyone....

Lol.

• Merry 2014!

it's cause we all have the same syndrome--ISNWRWHS= It's saturday night why are we home syndrome
    THIS, THIS,THIS! It's storming out right now though so a good night to be in. Nice not to work tonight.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• world class bilge rat

Rats!

Missed Pengy and Amanda.....

• Grim Grinning

Oh, almost forgot;

Hi, Barry

Hi, Kelly

Hi, Sara

Hi, LN

Hi, F!

I hope I didn't miss anyone....

Lol.
    Just little ol me... it's ok, I'll just be sending Christmas goodies to everyone but you, you'll be gettin coal

THIS, THIS,THIS! It's storming out right now though so a good night to be in. Nice not to work tonight.
    It's storming here too, it's nice. I wanna go for a walk in it.

• Grim Grinning

Rats!

Missed Pengy and Amanda.....
    Alright, I guess I can send you some peppermint bark too!

• Merry 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    I want some of these! They're adorable, they look like the ink spatters from Epic Mickey.

Nobody in my house is in the Christmas spirit, so I went and bought my own tree and put it in my room. It's maybe 4 feet, and the regular sized tree toppers are too big for it, so it's just kinda naked on top.
    You are so right about them looking like ink spatters from Epic Mickey! I'll make you some, let me know how many and what flavors.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• world class bilge rat

It's storming in Reno? I just got out of the hot tub (it's outside) and it's calm and about 50º here in Fernley.

Thanks for the warning though; if it's bad in Reno, it'll be bad here soon enough!

• world class bilge rat

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    Alright, I guess I can send you some peppermint bark too!
    Oooohhhh....Love it!!!