Page 70 of 136 FirstFirst ... 204560676869707172738095120 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 2038

• Merry 2014!

Re: RCMC #122: We're All Just a Bit Scattered

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    Just little ol me... it's ok, I'll just be sending Christmas goodies to everyone but you, you'll be gettin coal

It's storming here too, it's nice. I wanna go for a walk in it.
    If it weren't for the gale force winds, walking in rain and snow is lovely.

Uh oh, cats are fighting. I guess they need fed and play time. BRB
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Merry 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    It's storming in Reno? I just got out of the hot tub (it's outside) and it's calm and about 50º here in Fernley.

Thanks for the warning though; if it's bad in Reno, it'll be bad here soon enough!
    Yeah it's quite windy with a little precip. It's supposed to get quite bad tonight.

How nice for you though!
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Grim Grinning

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico! View Post
    You are so right about them looking like ink spatters from Epic Mickey! I'll make you some, let me know how many and what flavors.
    A black flavor and blue flavor would be lovely! What kind of goodies are you partial to? I'll send ya yummy stuff!

Oooohhhh....Love it!!!
    Paula Deen posted a bunch of recipes today and she had one for that and it looked really good.

• world class bilge rat

A black flavor and blue flavor would be lovely! What kind of goodies are you partial to? I'll send ya yummy stuff!

Paula Deen posted a bunch of recipes today and she had one for that and it looked really good.
    My daughter has taken to cooking dinner a few times a week lately. She's actually a pretty good cook. Her late mother was good too.

I'm a horrible cook. Well, more like very inexperienced. My mom always cooked, and my late wife cooked a lot too. So I never learned how.

• Grim Grinning

My daughter has taken to cooking dinner a few times a week lately. She's actually a pretty good cook. Her late mother was good too.

I'm a horrible cook. Well, more like very inexperienced. My mom always cooked, and my late wife cooked a lot too. So I never learned how.
    Guys usually don't learn how to cook if they don't need to. That sounded insensitive and wasn't at all meant that way lol. I'm glad your daughter has taken to cooking dinner, it's nice to do from time to time. And Paula was posting things like peppermint bark, hot cocoa mix, and caramel chocolate dipped pretzel rods.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Hi Kelly! Hi Rob! Hi Fantasmico!
    Hi, Barry!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    Tell your hubs that a fake tree pays it self off after like 1 year of use or so, becuase you don't have to keep spending $40-100 or so on a real tree EVERY year!! you'd be saving money by havng the fake tree ours looks stinkin real as can be! and it won't catch on fire!
    Oh, trust me, we've had that argument. The only reason we have a real tree again this year is because we have a kitten (plus 2 adult cats and 2 labs) that will likely destroy the tree... so I'd rather him destroy a real one than a fake one that I'd have to throw out anyway.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Rats!

Missed Pengy and Amanda.....
    I was about to say....

It's storming in Reno? I just got out of the hot tub (it's outside) and it's calm and about 50º here in Fernley.

Thanks for the warning though; if it's bad in Reno, it'll be bad here soon enough!
    Wow... we got 0 rain out of our last storm. Just wind. It was mostly clear when I got home a bit ago.

If it weren't for the gale force winds, walking in rain and snow is lovely.

Uh oh, cats are fighting. I guess they need fed and play time. BRB
    Darn critters! How rude of them to want food!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNimrodelle View Post
    I love my real trees. Can't beat that smell in your house all season! Its worth the extra money to me.
    My husband loves the smell. My argument to that point is we can buy a candle that smells like the tree, and it doesn't get needles everywhere!! Haha

• Sock Puppet

Re: RCMC #122: We're All Just a Bit Scattered--and home on a saturday night :) lol

Funny you should mention animals, I am making a few of these for cats and dogs, LOL. I know the owners of a pet strore and they agreed to test market a few. We'll see how it goes.

And you can keep a fake tree wired for lights, so no more struggling to string lights every year too. I really like faux trees, just don't have room for a big one.
    thats true no light struggling, just plug into each other and bam! done! lol haa!!! my dog would TEAR the poop out of those things, she can't keep a squeek toy for more then 24 hours intact..lol and she is almost 3 years old.

Oh, almost forgot;

Hi, Barry

Hi, Kelly

Hi, Sara

Hi, LN

Hi, F!

I hope I didn't miss anyone....

Lol.
    hI!!!! and hi to everyone else..

THIS, THIS,THIS! It's storming out right now though so a good night to be in. Nice not to work tonight.
    uh oh.. stormy? geez more rain!? i hope it doesn't rain tomorrow i want to walk down to TGI fridays for happy hour all day prices! oh i just heard that it's raining up near Anahiem ..which means soon it will be near me.. DRATZ!

• world class bilge rat

Guys usually don't learn how to cook if they don't need to. That sounded insensitive and wasn't at all meant that way lol. I'm glad your daughter has taken to cooking dinner, it's nice to do from time to time. And Paula was posting things like peppermint bark, hot cocoa mix, and caramel chocolate dipped pretzel rods.
    That sounds yummy!!

It's true though, I didn't learn to cook because I had no need. Once the need arose, I made a lot of phone calls to my mom........

Lol.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Hi, Barry!
    Have we been preperly introduced? I am a longtime member, who has come back to the site - mainly for this forum - of late. It is so nice to make your acquaintance.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Selfie Expert

Yes, a dry tree is indeed very easy to ignite.

If you keep it watered, it'll dry out slower and be less of a hazard.

The vast majority of tree fires are caused by the lights. The older incandescent bulbs can get hot enough to start a fire if their heat has nowhere to go. Like if it's covered by something.

The newer LED lights produce so little heat that it would be almost impossible to get hot enough to start a fire.

When we had live trees we lived away from town, and had lots of bare land. When the kids were old enough to understand, I took one of the dry trees out to a bare spot, wetted the ground around it, and lit it on fire.

Once they saw how fast it burned and how hot it got, they were very careful around live trees.
    We do keep it watered, and we bought the newer lights to reduce the fire hazard... Despite that, I still worry. That's why I call it an "irrational" fear, since I worry more than I probably should!

A tree bonfire sounds kind of fun!

• Merry 2014!

Okey doke, black and blue flavors comin' up! Wait, that doesn't sound quite right. . . .

O gosh, I love just about everything sweet! You are a great maker of sweet things and if you could slip in something chocolate-y that would make my day! that is if you were going to make something chocolate-y.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Sock Puppet

Re: RCMC #122: We're All Just a Bit Scattered--and home on a saturday night :) lol

of course she'd be posting things like that! HAA!! nah i love Paula.. she has some good recipes. my favorite recipe site is punchfork.com. some of my best dinners have come from that site.. love it! but nobody cooks like paula dean!!

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    My husband loves the smell. My argument to that point is we can buy a candle that smells like the tree, and it doesn't get needles everywhere!! Haha

don't forget the spray cans of air freshners!! and or the plug in wall things that send off scents too! and yes the fakes don't get needles eveywhere and therefore he won't need to vacuum them up! LOL
    Last edited by Poisonedapples; 12-01-2012 at 09:59 PM.