Page 98 of 136 FirstFirst ... 4873889596979899100101108123 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2038

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Re: RCMC #122: We're All Just a Bit Scattered

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Went to the bank today and told them I hadn't gotten my new card. The lady looked in the computer, and said it was mailed on the 29th (or 30th, don't remember exactly). Well duh... as slow as the post office has been... why in the world would they mail it the day before it expires? I'll probably get it tomorrow or the next day... but in the mean time they gave me a new one. Actually printed it up right there in the bank. Of course, I haven't tried to use it yet...
    And Aunt Pengy,You should have........
    I know there was a ATM mach.just outside of the bank........
    The card may still not work.........
    reason......for shareing........
    It's happen's to me .......
    anyway ,I glad you feeling a lot better Jim
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Hello REX...........

SARA......This looks Nice!

This be a good time to read ,Iam very tire from work......long day
    Jim
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am taking a break from my scrapbooking. I am very close to finally finishing. I don't want to rush the ending, and ruin anything. It will be nice to be finally finished, after working on this, for what seems forever.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleman View Post
    Hello REX...........

SARA......This looks Nice!

This be a good time to read ,Iam very tire from work......long day
    Jim
    hi eagleman, oh that is a nice snowman. so very nice. i hope you get your self a good rest eagleman.

• world class bilge rat

Hello everyone.

Sheesh!! I take my daughter out on another father-daughter date last night, and you guys fill up about a million-billion pages!!

And even worse, I miss the birthday of a person I like!!

Guess I should check in more often.....

Oh, Happy Birthday, Clara!! Hope you had a good one!

• Selfie Expert

Hello!!

Trying to jump in after missing the day...

I want to see Warm Bodies! I love zombies, and I really appreciate that they're trying to do something different than the typical zombie movie with this one. I'm sure it will be cheesy - but what zombie movie isn't??

Is anyone here planning to go to Dapper Day in February??

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• world class bilge rat

Hiya, Kelly!

The next DL trip I've got planned will be the MC meet. I'm not sure; I think it's the first part of February. Pengy (and a few others) know the exact date, it was posted here on RCMC a while ago, but I've forgotten.

How are you these days?

I'm plenty busy, the plant I'm working on is undergoing a fairly major addition/remodel. 5 different jobs at once.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    Hiya, Kelly!

The next DL trip I've got planned will be the MC meet. I'm not sure; I think it's the first part of February. Pengy (and a few others) know the exact date, it was posted here on RCMC a while ago, but I've forgotten.

How are you these days?

I'm plenty busy, the plant I'm working on is undergoing a fairly major addition/remodel. 5 different jobs at once.
    I'm great! Tired since I'm at the end of my overnight cycle at work (I work 7 on/7 off), but excited for almost a week off and a trip to DL with coworkers. Our hospital is also undergoing a major construction project - we're adding a second tower to our building. So far it hasn't hindered our daily operations much, just makes parking a little problematic for the day shifts.

What kind of plant do you work at? Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate at work!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Hiya, Kelly!

How are you these days?

Indeed.... that will be my next trip... and probably my last for a good long while....

MiceAge 10th Anniversary Celebration - Feb 1, 2, 3 2013 - Join The Fun!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I'm great! Tired since I'm at the end of my overnight cycle at work (I work 7 on/7 off), but excited for almost a week off and a trip to DL with coworkers. Our hospital is also undergoing a major construction project - we're adding a second tower to our building. So far it hasn't hindered our daily operations much, just makes parking a little problematic for the day shifts.

What kind of plant do you work at? Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate at work!
    A few years ago they did a remodel at the hospital I work at... it was a royal PIA. And we didn't even add another floor... just moved some stuff around and enlarged one of the nurses stations....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• world class bilge rat

It's an oil refining plant. Used engine oil, used gear oil, and used antifreeze go in one end, and oil base comes out the other. the oil base is sold to different companies who blend in the additives to make motor oil.

This is the first one anywhere, the original one was built about 5 or 6 years ago. it's been remodeled and added on to more than a few times.......

Lol.

I'm an electrician who works for a company the plant hired to do the electrical work. I've done just about every facet of electrical work there is, but my speciality is controls and instrumentation.

A lot of the electrical and controls on this plant is my design. Since it's mostly new technology, electrical engineers (who usually design such systems) don't do real well with it, so I'm stuck figuring it out.....

Actually, I like it best when there are a multitude of problems to be solved. It keep me on my toes!

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Indeed.... that will be my next trip... and probably my last for a good long while....

MiceAge 10th Anniversary Celebration - Feb 1, 2, 3 2013 - Join The Fun!!!

A few years ago they did a remodel at the hospital I work at... it was a royal PIA. And we didn't even add another floor... just moved some stuff around and enlarged one of the nurses stations....
    Thank you for the info on the anniversary trip! I'm not sure if I can swing another trip between now and Dapper Day... we shall see. Sure would be fun, though!

That would be so frustrating to go through all the negatives of a remodel and not have many positives!

It's an oil refining plant. Used engine oil, used gear oil, and used antifreeze go in one end, and oil base comes out the other. the oil base is sold to different companies who blend in the additives to make motor oil.

This is the first one anywhere, the original one was built about 5 or 6 years ago. it's been remodeled and added on to more than a few times.......

Lol.

I'm an electrician who works for a company the plant hired to do the electrical work. I've done just about every facet of electrical work there is, but my speciality is controls and instrumentation.

A lot of the electrical and controls on this plant is my design. Since it's mostly new technology, electrical engineers (who usually design such systems) don't do real well with it, so I'm stuck figuring it out.....

Actually, I like it best when there are a multitude of problems to be solved. It keep me on my toes!
    That sounds really interesting and complicated. I always thought my husband would make a good electrician, like you he just loves to figure things out and solve problems, and he seems to have a knack for it. For now, he sure is handy around the house!

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Thank you for the info on the anniversary trip! I'm not sure if I can swing another trip between now and Dapper Day... we shall see. Sure would be fun, though!

That would be so frustrating to go through all the negatives of a remodel and not have many positives!
    Well, we're a really small hospital and they pretty much had one entire wing torn apart for a good long while. We only have about 53 acute beds, and the remodel had over 1/3 of the beds out of use for a while.

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• world class bilge rat

That sounds really interesting and complicated. I always thought my husband would make a good electrician, like you he just loves to figure things out and solve problems, and he seems to have a knack for it. For now, he sure is handy around the house!
    He very likely would.

Electrical controls are different than any other type of electrical work. In all the years I've been doing them, and all the people I've seen try to sort out controls, I'm completely convinced that control electricians are born, not made.

If you try to teach a guy controls, and he doesn't have the inborn ability to understand them, about all you'll learn is the limit to your patience........

Seriously though, I've never been taught controls, it just came naturally. My oldest son (28) works for the same company I do, and he's working at the plant too. He has a natural ability with controls, just as I do. All he needs is what is supposed to occur, and he'll figure out how to make it work.

Very few people have this ability, I've gone in after plenty of guys who claimed they could do controls, and had to fix the messes they made.

It's great though, I really like what I do......well, most of the time.......

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

HELLO ALL
    sure is getting colder.........

Jim
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Hey Jim! Well at least its starting to feel a bit more like winter... even if it doesn't look like it!