Page 128 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2878103118125126127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2007

• Sock Puppet

Re: RCMC #123:Chit-Chat, Blab and Spiel.. No matter how you put it we like to talk!

i do the usual route of ..benedryl to sleep..it doesn't leave me groggy and puts me out fast

• world class bilge rat

Re: RCMC #123:Chit-Chat, Blab and Spiel.. No matter how you put it we like to talk!

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    Ugh...... men. I don't get them anymore. I'd like to go slam my head into a wall repeatedly til they make some semblance of sense.
    I'm sorry, Amanda.

Being a guy......yep, still a guy........lol........I'm not sure that even being in substantial pain will help understand us.

Heck, I can't even figure myself out most of the time.

But I do agree, we can be more than slightly frustrating at times!

• world class bilge rat

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    I second that! Sometimes men play worse minds games than any woman I know!
    Sadly, I have to agree!

• world class bilge rat

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNimrodelle View Post
    OMG...me too...I have to take Ambien and sometimes another sleeping pill to go to sleep, regardless of how tired I am...
    My experience with Ambien;

About 10 years ago, when my wife was still alive, my Doc. prescribed Ambien for me. The first night I took one, after I had been asleep for an hour or so, I walked out of my bedroom and into the den where my wife was watching TV. I looked at her and said "Hey, did you know there's two moons out tonight?"

I don't remember any of this, but it was told to me by a very reliable source......

Lol.

• world class bilge rat

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    i do the usual route of ..benedryl to sleep..it doesn't leave me groggy and puts me out fast
    I've found that taking a Tylenol PM will usually get me about 5 hours of pretty good sleep. Which is more than I usually get!

It's common for me to see every hour on the clock all night long. My sleep seems to come in short pieces, I never get to the relaxing deep sleep.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    Ugh...... men. I don't get them anymore. I'd like to go slam my head into a wall repeatedly til they make some semblance of sense.
    Boy howdy.... and they have such selective hearing....

This morning I told my hubby that I wanted some rice when I got home to go with my black eyed peas. But we only had "real" rice and I knew he wouldn't have the patience to cook that, so I told him when he went to the store just get a small box of Minute Rice and fix me some of that for when I got home.

Little sleep last night, crappy day at work and I come home and... you guessed it. The box of Minute Rice sitting on the counter unopened. Its 8 at night, I'm exhausted and he tells me it will just take a minute so I can fix it.

Needless to say I went pretty ballistic. I just put my can of peas in a bowl, poured in some onion powder, garlic and pepper seasoning, curry and some pieces of ham and tossed it in the microwave while he was picking up the box of rice. I told him not to bother.

Except for the fact I got a bit carried away with the curry it wasn't half bad. In fact I'd fix it again. Except next time I'd have rice too.

But right now I just want to collapse under a blanket.... with any luck I will actually sleep tonight because my brain will explode if I don't.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Sock Puppet

don't even get me started on men.... i asked for a husband this year from santa.. he didn't bring me one

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    My experience with Ambien;

About 10 years ago, when my wife was still alive, my Doc. prescribed Ambien for me. The first night I took one, after I had been asleep for an hour or so, I walked out of my bedroom and into the den where my wife was watching TV. I looked at her and said "Hey, did you know there's two moons out tonight?"

I don't remember any of this, but it was told to me by a very reliable source......

Lol.
    Yeah, I've heard that is a pretty common thing with Ambien - I've never done that, I just sleep like a normal person...

I've found that taking a Tylenol PM will usually get me about 5 hours of pretty good sleep. Which is more than I usually get!

It's common for me to see every hour on the clock all night long. My sleep seems to come in short pieces, I never get to the relaxing deep sleep.
    UGH! And tylenol PM/Benadryl just wakes me up...maybe its an ADD thing, since Ritalin puts me to sleep...

Speaking of sleep, I gotta get up early in the AM and I need more than 5 hours...so nanners, kids!
    Signature courtesy of Poisonedapples

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Boy howdy.... and they have such selective hearing....

This morning I told my hubby that I wanted some rice when I got home to go with my black eyed peas. But we only had "real" rice and I knew he wouldn't have the patience to cook that, so I told him when he went to the store just get a small box of Minute Rice and fix me some of that for when I got home.

Little sleep last night, crappy day at work and I come home and... you guessed it. The box of Minute Rice sitting on the counter unopened. Its 8 at night, I'm exhausted and he tells me it will just take a minute so I can fix it.

Needless to say I went pretty ballistic. I just put my can of peas in a bowl, poured in some onion powder, garlic and pepper seasoning, curry and some pieces of ham and tossed it in the microwave while he was picking up the box of rice. I told him not to bother.

Except for the fact I got a bit carried away with the curry it wasn't half bad. In fact I'd fix it again. Except next time I'd have rice too.

But right now I just want to collapse under a blanket.... with any luck I will actually sleep tonight because my brain will explode if I don't.
    Oh yah? Well..I started kinda *seeing* this one guy...we've had some great times out. Saw Django together...he says he wants to start dating. But he NEVER contacts me. I always have to text him. I always have to contact him. Its like he's not interested yet he said he really wants to date each other...

MIND GAMES MUCH!

I'm sorry but I'm WAY to old to be playing the "oh does he like me" game...f-that!

And the above scenario is kinda contributing to my severe depression going on right now. I know I'm going through a bout of depression when all I want to do is sleep.

Oh wow...we are so close to 2000 posts already in here!

• world class bilge rat

Oh yah? Well..I started kinda *seeing* this one guy...we've had some great times out. Saw Django together...he says he wants to start dating. But he NEVER contacts me. I always have to text him. I always have to contact him. Its like he's not interested yet he said he really wants to date each other...

MIND GAMES MUCH!

I'm sorry but I'm WAY to old to be playing the "oh does he like me" game...f-that!

And the above scenario is kinda contributing to my severe depression going on right now. I know I'm going through a bout of depression when all I want to do is sleep.
    Ok, as a guy, I'll be completely honest here. This will sound corny, and it's only one guys opinion, but here goes........

Us guys know for a fact that gals have the upper hand when it comes to anything emotional, and most of us have been utterly demolished from the neck up. It hurts...a LOT. And because we have absolutely no idea how to handle such emotional pain, we will do just about anything to avoid it. Even act out of character.

I don't know for sure, but I very strongly suspect that very few guys will be open and up front with telling any gal that we aren't interested in them. To a typical guy (myself included), this is an open invitation for a gal to rip us to shreds emotionally. And since it happened once, it'll happen again. And once our hearts are out in the open, there's no retreat nor any defense.

So, dumb as it may be, we'll say we're interested when we're actually not; this way there's no instant destruction of out souls. Even dumber, we're too stupid to realize that most gals treasure honesty above anything else, and a lot of them will understand that a little pain now is far preferable to more pain later. But it only takes one bad experience with a gal who didn't control herself, and every other gal suffers for it.

When considering this dilemma, all a typical guy can see is the immense pain he once suffered when he was up front with his feelings. And he's NOT going there again.

Once again, I fully realize how completely insane this train of thought sounds, but the sad reality of it is that it's how a typical guy thinks.

[Hides behind podium to avoid the barrage of stuff being thrown....]

It does sound insane but actually spot on...

Which is why i've come to the conclusion that at 36 years of age..my best years are behind me and I will never be in a relationship ever again, let alone married again. I really don't have the emotional and lately physical strength to deal with what ever mind game you put above...I just don't have time for it.

I'm just here on this planet now to do the best for my kid I guess...my days of being happy are pretty much numbered.

• world class bilge rat

It does sound insane but actually spot on...

Which is why i've come to the conclusion that at 36 years of age..my best years are behind me and I will never be in a relationship ever again, let alone married again. I really don't have the emotional and lately physical strength to deal with what ever mind game you put above...I just don't have time for it.

I'm just here on this planet now to do the best for my kid I guess...my days of being happy are pretty much numbered.
    I kinda feel the same way, and have for the past 7 years. In fact, I'm beginning to get the feeling that after being single for so long, I'v made myself unsuitable for a deep relationship with a gal.

But, I've been around the block enough times to know that limiting myself will almost always result in my operating under my own self-imposed limits. So, I'll always leave any possibility open.

When my wife passed away, I decided not to date until my daughter was mature enough to stand on her own two feet, and not feel competition for me with another gal.

Of course, tons of people are completely successful in both dating and raising kids, I didn't think I could handle both and the consequences of a bad decision were too great.

So I concentrated on getting myself fit for being a single parent (I think this is harder for a guy; we don't have the mother instinct that gals do), and raising her the best way I could. It wasn't always easy, in fact at times it was downright scary, but I kept at it.

She's 18 now, and actually a pretty good kid. Very rarely did I ever order her to do anything, instead I earned her respect. This meant that a simple suggestion from me carried a lot of weight with her. It also opened the lines of communication between us. She'll talk to me about nearly anything. And actually listens to what I have to say.

She has good friends, two of whom are in the hot tub as I write. I like every one of her friends, as well as their parents.

I just wish she'd clean the cat box more often!!!!!

Lol.

The reality is that your days of being happy are not numbered at all. Your definition of happiness will change as time goes on, but you'll still find it. Just not where it used to be.

I kinda feel the same way, and have for the past 7 years.
    My divorce was almost 10 years ago. I never dated nor was in a relationship since. Like you said..I wouldn't even know where to begin. As it is...when I don't have my kid with me, if he spends the night or a few nights with my mom or sister, I don't know what to do. I feel like my right arm is missing. Its like I don't know who I am and its worse because I didn't know who I was before I had my kid or was even married. I just feel likes its all a waste of time.

• Selfie Expert

I can't comment on the whole dating thing, as I never really dated... I've been with my husband since we met in high school. Dating sure sounds scary, though.

I guess what I would say is why not date just to meet people? Have fun? Why does it have to be date to find a husband. That puts so much pressure on the situation and only sets things up for failure. That's just me completely ignorant two cents, though.

I am, however, and expert on Ambien! Seeing as how it falls under my career field and I take it for sleep. I can act extremely weird on Ambien. I have found that Ambien doesn't really put most people to sleep, it just kind of lets you fall asleep. You can usually "fight" the effects easily, as in you can stay awake after taking it (it doesn't knock you out). Unfortunately, if you do stay awake that is when you risk the goofy effects it can have.

This is especially bad with people who sleep walk normally. Ambien really seems to amp that habit up.

On the bright side, it makes for some very amusing stories!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List