Page 50 of 134 FirstFirst ... 404748495051525360100 ... LastLast

• world class bilge rat

Re: RCMC #123:Chit-Chat, Blab and Spiel.. No matter how you put it we like to talk!

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    ooh btw...hubba hubba
    When's the wedding?

Lol.

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Re: RCMC #123:Chit-Chat, Blab and Spiel.. No matter how you put it we like to talk!

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    Since I'm staying home for Christmas this year, I'm going to revive my Christmas tradition.

It started way back when I was a kid (yes, you had to watch out for dinosaurs back then......lol) and my family would gather 'round the TV and watch 'How The Grinch Stole Christmas' and eat Jiffy-Pop popcorn and drink homemade grape juice.

There were no VCRs or DVDs back in the late 60s, so this was planned around the TV schedule. We would search the TV guide weeks in advance, and make sure nothing else was planned on the magical night.

This is one of my fondest memories of growing up.

So, since I live about 430 miles from my mom and dad, I've carried the tradition on to my own family. These days, we get together on Christmas Eve, play the movie, pop up some popcorn, and my mom still makes homemade grape juice........
    That is so cool ROB.......nice have thos fondest memories Jim
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

• world class bilge rat

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Hello all!! Made some peaches and cream wontons tonight... turned out not to bad.

Kids still do not have water. They are spending the night in a motel. Plumber could not find anything wrong... pump was working, nothing was froze up, water heater was on, he ever dug up part of the pipe coming up out of the ground and use the heat... torch... thing that they use to unfreeze pipes... but he said it was plenty warmish under the mobile. He thinks it might be because Clint was parking on top of where the water line is buried and forcing the frost down so he thinks it might be froze in the ground...

Which means we have to wait for it to thaw... short of digging up the line... Tomorrow Clint gets off work early. They are going to make sure the heat tape is wrapped around the pipe and plugged in, and I'm hoping that if they get the actual pipe hot enough the warmth with travel into the ground and get the water moving.

Never had that happen when I lived there, but then mom and I only had one vehicle.
    Pipes frozen underground are a ROYAL BEAR to get thawed. If the pipe is metal (AKA galvanized), I've used an arc welder to thaw it. Attach one lead to where the pipe comes up at the wellhouse, the other lead where it comes up under the house. Apply a lot of current, which will cause the pipe to heat up. Maybe it'll thaw, maybe it won't.

If it's PVC, I don't know of any way to thaw it short of digging it up or waiting for nature......

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Christmas Eve
    I be watching the movie" A CHRISTMAS CAROL-George C Scott!"
    and also have popcorn..I do that every year
    Jim
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Since I'm staying home for Christmas this year, I'm going to revive my Christmas tradition.

It started way back when I was a kid (yes, you had to watch out for dinosaurs back then......lol) and my family would gather 'round the TV and watch 'How The Grinch Stole Christmas' and eat Jiffy-Pop popcorn and drink homemade grape juice.

There were no VCRs or DVDs back in the late 60s, so this was planned around the TV schedule. We would search the TV guide weeks in advance, and make sure nothing else was planned on the magical night.

This is one of my fondest memories of growing up.

So, since I live about 430 miles from my mom and dad, I've carried the tradition on to my own family. These days, we get together on Christmas Eve, play the movie, pop up some popcorn, and my mom still makes homemade grape juice........
    I love that!! Traditions are wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleman View Post
    Aunt Pengy
    Amazing......well the place is in the middle of no were......
    I have no ideal of the concept what could happen....
    But still think wise for the Kids be in a motel......
    and we just Hope for the best......Jim
    Yeah I told them to get a motel so at least Clint can have a hot shower tonight. If nothing else, they have water in the pump house... they can haul water into the trailer... just... would be a royal pain. But by golly that would be living like true pioneers!!!

I don't know how much time the plumber spent out there today, but he said since he couldn't find anything wrong or didn't fix anything he didn't charge them anything.
    That was nice.

Pipes frozen underground are a ROYAL BEAR to get thawed. If the pipe is metal (AKA galvanized), I've used an arc welder to thaw it. Attach one lead to where the pipe comes up at the wellhouse, the other lead where it comes up under the house. Apply a lot of current, which will cause the pipe to heat up. Maybe it'll thaw, maybe it won't.

If it's PVC, I don't know of any way to thaw it short of digging it up or waiting for nature......
    Those pipes were put down when I was about 10-11 years old I think. I remember standing in the trench when they were putting them in. That was well before PVC so I know they are metal. Now they just need to find someone with an arc welder....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• world class bilge rat

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleman View Post
    Christmas Eve
    I be watching the movie" A CHRISTMAS CAROL-George C Scott!"
    and also have popcorn..I do that every year
    Jim
    That's my favorite live-acting one. Mickeys Christmas Carol is even better though......

• world class bilge rat

I love that!! Traditions are wonderful!

Yeah I told them to get a motel so at least Clint can have a hot shower tonight. If nothing else, they have water in the pump house... they can haul water into the trailer... just... would be a royal pain. But by golly that would be living like true pioneers!!!
    My late wife and I were married in 1979. I lived in a 16' camp trailer out on an alfalfa farm, and she moved in with me. We had power, but had to haul our water in. We lived there for about a year.

Oh, the memories.......

Lol.

• Goofy

hello room. i cant believe christmas is on tuesday.

• world class bilge rat

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    Yeah, it's sneaking up on us......

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

My late wife and I were married in 1979. I lived in a 16' camp trailer out on an alfalfa farm, and she moved in with me. We had power, but had to haul our water in. We lived there for about a year.

Oh, the memories.......

Lol.
    Well they say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger... if that the case my kids should be superman and woman by now!!

Yeah, it's sneaking up on us......
    Sneaking? Its running straight at me screaming at the top of its lungs!

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• world class bilge rat

Well they say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger... if that the case my kids should be superman and woman by now!!
    We often said that if we could survive living like that for our first year together, we could survive anything.

True, actually.....

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

We often said that if we could survive living like that for our first year together, we could survive anything.

True, actually.....
    Indeed! Well about 4 years ago they started by having to live in a tent in January with 2 cats and a hamster... moved up to a one room cabin for a month... now this. But, they are still hanging in there, although I know my daughter has been ready to throw in the towel pretty much constantly lately... if they can just make it to spring...

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Aunt Pengy ,I hope this does not sound to bad.....
    But good reason for them be in the motel......
    the trailer area end up with lot's of yellow snowJim

That's my favorite live-acting one. Mickeys Christmas Carol is even better though......
    Rob you are A true Mickey Fan!!!!

Oh, the memories.......

Lol.
    ROB,My Friend ...I know this time of year specialy it is hard You........
    as have for me.........
    I just let you know......you always be in my prayer's
    God did give special memories....to be Bless by!!!
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    Hope it be a special Day for You REX........
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

• Goofy

well i thought so too penguinsoda until i went out for a walk about two blocks away for some excercise until a cop asked me alot of strange questions. i told him i was going for a nice walk and to clear my mind off just to relax.those questions were very bothersome to me. oh well what i can i do. but i am home now and i had a nice dinner and now i am here on micechat to be with you all nice wonderful mice chatters. thank goodness for mice chat. i can not wait for this day to be over. but christmas songs will put me in the spirit lol. i hope i did not turned this into negative thing.

how was your day penguinsoda?

• Merry 2014!

Herrroooo! How ya'll doin?
    Sig by Poisonedapples!