Page 60 of 134 FirstFirst ... 103550575859606162637085110 ... LastLast

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Re: RCMC #123:Chit-Chat, Blab and Spiel.. No matter how you put it we like to talk!

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    I dunno, I kinda suspect these ads are mostly an attempt at separating us lonely guys from as much of our money as they can get.

And very likely never meet anyone, let alone the hottie pictured......

Lol.
    O do think they want our money
    Way to young for me anyhow........!!!!
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: RCMC #123:Chit-Chat, Blab and Spiel.. No matter how you put it we like to talk!

I dunno, I kinda suspect these ads are mostly an attempt at separating us lonely guys from as much of our money as they can get.

And very likely never meet anyone, let alone the hottie pictured......

Lol.
    Unforunatly... you are probably right about that!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• world class bilge rat

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleman View Post
    I do miss the days of horse riding in the back country......
    to me it so peaceful!

Jim
    I think the thing I miss the most about horses is we used to run cattle on thousands of acres of BLM land. Nothing out there but trees and sagebrush.

Roundup took two, sometimes 3 days. About 20 of us would make sort of a sweep through the land. We were a mile or so apart, so we didn't see each other until we got to the other side.

We would camp out at night. Under the stars and all. Just me, my horse, maybe a few moo-cows, and not much else. The horse got some oats for dinner, I made a campfire from sagebrush and fallen tree limbs, and I'd warm up whatever food I took along.

Then, I'd lay out my sleeping bag, and eventually nod off. The horse would stay there all night, and the cattle were experienced enough to know that at the end of the journey there'd be a bunch of nice hay to eat, so they'd stick around as well.

It was a lot like the old westerns, except each one of us was alone.

Man, I miss those days. It was so peaceful out there.......

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

I think the thing I miss the most about horses is we used to run cattle on thousands of acres of BLM land. Nothing out there but trees and sagebrush.

Roundup took two, sometimes 3 days. About 20 of us would make sort of a sweep through the land. We were a mile or so apart, so we didn't see each other until we got to the other side.

We would camp out at night. Under the stars and all. Just me, my horse, maybe a few moo-cows, and not much else. The horse got some oats for dinner, I made a campfire from sagebrush and fallen tree limbs, and I'd warm up whatever food I took along.

Then, I'd lay out my sleeping bag, and eventually nod off. The horse would stay there all night, and the cattle were experienced enough to know that at the end of the journey there'd be a bunch of nice hay to eat, so they'd stick around as well.

It was a lot like the old westerns, except each one of us was alone.

Man, I miss those days. It was so peaceful out there.......
    Woe ...sound the old cowboys days......
    for me it was horse riding in National Parks
    like....Yosemite,Sequola and King Canyon
    UTAH like Bryce Canyon
    Arches...even area's of Canada
    all in back area were most people never see!
    I get so Bless ........

Jim
    PS: notting beat a good cup of campfire coffee!!!!!!!!
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

• Selfie Expert

A fork-and-a-half......also known as a 2 - 3 point.

I haven't hunted in years, but sure enjoyed it back in the day.

When I lived in Oregon, we had horses, and would hunt on horseback. This is ideal in several ways, first you didn't have to go trudging through the forest for miles. Next, since a horse sounds and smells natural to a deer of elk, it was always a close shot. 50 yards or so. Didn't really have to aim.......Then, if you bagged the game at the bottom of a 1000' cliff (happens more often than you'd think....lol.), just have the horse pack it out. It doesn't mind at all.

The best part though is when you want to go back to camp, simply let the reins go and the horse will find its way back. It won't be the way you rode in, but you'll be back at camp soon enough.....every time. Ya think it might be 'cause the horse knows where its feed is???

Lol.
    I would consider joining my husband on a hunt if we rode horses... I'm not big into hunting (I'd rather pet the animals!), though I love the meat we get from it plus I'm just loving this skull!

I rode for years, and even in the arena the horses would go faster toward the stable and slower away. I'm the same way... Rushing to the table/refrigerator and waddling away.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I rode for years, and even in the arena the horses would go faster toward the stable and slower away. I'm the same way... Rushing to the table/refrigerator and waddling away.
    Kelly Girl ..another way a horses would go faster ...

This one day I was slow rideing.....But I was on a Male horse...who saw a Fe-male horse...
    It was Runing...like I was in a horse Race......Dang ...I though ,I was a dead man....
    I could not hold that horse back.........
    It did stop when got to the fe-male horse !!!!!
    and I was a hurting man the rest of the week...LOL
    Jim
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

• Selfie Expert

Kelly Girl ..another way a horses would go faster ...

This one day I was slow rideing.....But I was on a Male horse...who saw a Fe-male horse...
    It was Runing...like I was in a horse Race......Dang ...I though ,I was a dead man....
    I could not hold that horse back.........
    It did stop when got to the fe-male horse !!!!!
    and I was a hurting man the rest of the week...LOL
    Jim
    Hahahaha yeah we had situations like that once in a while at the barn. Those boys were unstoppable!

• world class bilge rat

I would consider joining my husband on a hunt if we rode horses... I'm not big into hunting (I'd rather pet the animals!), though I love the meat we get from it plus I'm just loving this skull!

Horses and arenas.......I still remember my first experience with a cutting horse.

For those not familiar with horses, a cutting horse is one that's used to 'cut' one cow out of a herd. To do this, they're fairly quick on their feet.

Being a 14 year old know it all, I figured riding this horse would be like any other horse. So, up on its back i went, rode it out a ways, and pulled on one of the reins (this is how you make a horse turn, pull on only one of the reins and it'll turn toward the rein you pulled).

Next thing I knew, I was on the ground; the look on the horses face was priceless! Sorta like 'you dummy, didn't you know.....'

Sometimes I still chuckle at that one.

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Rob ......you got me thinking ...thos old camping days...I use to do
    in thos same Back country.......
    at night looking up at all millions ,and millions of stars......
    Just thinking about it ...put tears in my eyes.....
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Hahahaha yeah we had situations like that once in a while at the barn. Those boys were unstoppable!
    From that day....I would never again get on a male horse !!!!
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

• world class bilge rat

Rob ......you got me thinking ...thos old camping days...I use to do
    in thos same Back country.......
    at night looking up at all millions ,and millions of stars......
    Just thinking about it ...put tears in my eyes.....
    Yep, doesn't get much better than that!

• Selfie Expert

Horses and arenas.......I still remember my first experience with a cutting horse.

For those not familiar with horses, a cutting horse is one that's used to 'cut' one cow out of a herd. To do this, they're fairly quick on their feet.

Being a 14 year old know it all, I figured riding this horse would be like any other horse. So, up on its back i went, rode it out a ways, and pulled on one of the reins (this is how you make a horse turn, pull on only one of the reins and it'll turn toward the rein you pulled).

Next thing I knew, I was on the ground; the look on the horses face was priceless! Sorta like 'you dummy, didn't you know.....'

Sometimes I still chuckle at that one.
    I did hunter/jumpers mostly, but I helped exercise my dad's friend ropers and one cutter. That cutter could stop and turn on a dime - I loved it!! Definitely a different sort of ride, though!! Haha

From that day....I would never again get on a male horse !!!!
    Awww but geldings (castrated male horses) are the best!!! Stallions and mares get a little iffy - especially when its breeding season. Sounds like that's probably what happened with the horse you rode!

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Awww but geldings (castrated male horses) are the best!!! Stallions and mares get a little iffy - especially when its breeding season. Sounds like that's probably what happened with the horse you rode!
    O Kelly Girl........I know what it was......
    But ,Iam not going use the word in this room
    Jim
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

• world class bilge rat

I did hunter/jumpers mostly, but I helped exercise my dad's friend ropers and one cutter. That cutter could stop and turn on a dime - I loved it!! Definitely a different sort of ride, though!! Haha

It's absolutely amazing how fast 1500 lbs. can turn!

And I agree, geldings are the best. They have very close to the stamina of a stallion, but without the attitude.

One of the best horses I've ever been on was a gelding. 17-1/2 hands high. (A big dude!!). If you put a little kid on his back, he'd pretty much just tip-toe around. I doubt if a glass of water on the saddle would spill. Put a full-size person on him and it was a different story!

He was easy to ride, but he loved to run. And run. And run.

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

I was reading the news

The End of the World is now going be Christmas Eve.....

and Gun's Sell s are going up....

" "please ,give me a break" "..........Jim
    Soaring like an EAGLE !