Page 87 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3762778485868788899097112 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 2007

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: RCMC #123:Chit-Chat, Blab and Spiel.. No matter how you put it we like to talk!

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    Hello everyone.
    Hey Rob!

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Hi!!

Pengy - My Mac laptop is on the verge of death, and I have sooooo many pictures and such that I need to back up... I just keep holding my breath that it will last until I finally get around to doing it. I'm not looking forward to replacing it.
    When my Mac Mini died in... May... and I had to replace it, my backup drive saved my bacon. I just hooked it to the new machine, walked away and it transfered everything off of the backup and onto the new machine. I did lose pretty much ALL of my games and Appleworks since I went from Leopard to Lion... but at least everything else was there.

I learned the hard way years ago (when I had to reformat a drive) how important a backup is. So it totally and completely freaks me out thinking my backup drive might of died or something. I have had to replace backup drives before. But its so important...

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    It's been REALLY cold the last few days. Like 10º or so in the morning, and maybe 30º for the high. And wind. Not a lot of wind, just enough to be annoying.

I guess winter is actually here....

Lol.
    Ye gawds... and I think its cold here.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• world class bilge rat

Re: RCMC #123:Chit-Chat, Blab and Spiel.. No matter how you put it we like to talk!

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Hi!!

Pengy - My Mac laptop is on the verge of death, and I have sooooo many pictures and such that I need to back up... I just keep holding my breath that it will last until I finally get around to doing it. I'm not looking forward to replacing it.
    Yep, computers work good when they actually work......

The same thing happens to industrial computers too. Most complex machinery (like most of the rides at DL) are controlled by computers called PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers). These are stand-alone computers that run programs that control machinery based on various inputs and outputs.

Here's an example; on Pirates, just before the drops, there are paddles in the water at the top of the drops. These are to stop the boats from going down the falls and crashing into another boat. There are sensors that detect when a boat has passed a certain point after the falls.

The paddles are extended until the bottom boat has passed the sensors, then the PLC will retract them, allowing the top boat to go down the falls.

If the bottom boat has already passed the safety point before the top boat gets to the paddles, the paddles are already retracted, and the top boat goes through without stopping.

These PLCs screw up once in a while, so stuff like the paddles are designed to extend unless they're retracted by a specific command.

And then, someone has to go through the program and fix the glitches in it.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

And my net is running slow tonight.... I don't think I'll get to finish my virus scan tonight... it still has 2 million files to go...

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Selfie Expert

Ohhhh computers. The inconveniences of modern conveniences.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

No kidding.... I was running my virus scan for the last 2 hours... and it was only about half done. Uh... maybe I'll let it run tomorrow. I'm thinking I do want to sleep at some point tonight.

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Eh... still have the pain in my neck and ear a bit. Its not bad, just annoying. We'll see how it feel by Monday. I also have a dentist appt. next Thursday. Oh joy!

Hey Rex! Not bad except my computer is doing weird annoying things. I hate computers. I hate when they do annoying things that freak me out and cause me to have anxiety attacks.

me too. one of these days i might have to use a laptop instead.

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

When I hit the lottery I'll get me a laptop!

• Goofy

alright penguinsoda you this weekend off and get to celebrate new years eve. nighty night guys. see you all tomorrw

• Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    When I hit the lottery I'll get me a laptop!
    lol

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

OK, bed time for me. Catch you kiddles tomorrow sometime... hopefully!

• Selfie Expert

Nighty night!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

There are just three days left in this year, and about 4 weeks left, and I will be in Disneyland. As much as I want to see Disneyland and be there for the Anniversary, I am beginning to wish that I had planned a warmer weather trip to California. Perhaps I have been waiting way too long for this trip, and that's the reason for my melancholy.

I am going to have to take both of my cameras on my trip. My new camera is more difficult to use than I originally thought. I can't get the color settings right. Pictures that I took on my husband's, and Kathy's birthday turned out pretty bad. I guess I will have to do a little homework. Well I am excited having more than my usual week to take pictures, and I am excited about all the new stuff that I will see at DCA.

Perhaps it's time to start a countdown thread.

• Selfie Expert

When is the anniversary meet up again? And who's going? Considering making a trip up for it if there's a decent turn out...

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Hey Barbara and I will be there! Who else do you need!!!!

Here's the info....

MiceAge 10th Anniversary Celebration - Feb 1, 2, 3 2013 - Join The Fun!!!

Going to be doing some stuffs.... be back off and on.

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

It Is Cold,Rainy Hard,.....(not fun )morning

Less ,I went to have breakfast..........at IHOP
    Guess what I had.......LOL
    Jim
    Soaring like an EAGLE !