Page 95 of 134 FirstFirst ... 45708592939495969798105120 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2007

• Merry 2014!

Re: RCMC #123:Chit-Chat, Blab and Spiel.. No matter how you put it we like to talk!

Just looked at the pictures Pengy. That outside cat, is it theirs? I hope it is inside now. That is quite a saga. I do hope they got more insulation in their home......they do seem to be making it comfy. . . Is it a large parcel? Gotta love wild deer! Love the kittehs too. So few windows, so many cats to occupy them.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Re: RCMC #123:Chit-Chat, Blab and Spiel.. No matter how you put it we like to talk!

Fantasmico
    If you getting lots of snow were you live....
    I wonder .....How much that Yosemite NP is getting
    it going be great in spring ...with the waterfalls
    Jim
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

• Merry 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    I'm kinda bummed, I don't think we're gonna be making it for the anniversary this year. It's looking like we're not renewing our AP's either. I may renew mine and do the payment plan, I don't know yet.
    We can be bummed together.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Very interesting pictures Jody.

Being a city girl, I can only say, I'd never survive living there.
    I grew up basically a "country" girl... had a horse and the whole thing. My daughter was really a city kid, but she's learning fast how to be a pioneer woman... esp. when they don't have water in the mobile and they have to haul it in from the pump house! I told them if they can survive this first winter, they can survive anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleman View Post
    OK smugmug is a photo albumunderstand

Aunt Pengy How Old is that place up there?
    and what the closest town there?

Jim
    The mobile itself is... 1968? I think I was about 11 when we moved it to where it is now.

Salmon is in the middle of nowhere. The closest town/cities are Missoula Montana, about 2.5 hours away to the north, or Idaho Falls which is 2-3 hours south. There is another place about 50 miles away (Challis) but the population is about the same as Salmon... around 3000 people.

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    I'm kinda bummed, I don't think we're gonna be making it for the anniversary this year. It's looking like we're not renewing our AP's either. I may renew mine and do the payment plan, I don't know yet.
    This makes me very very sad but at the same time I totally understand since I let my pass expire in October because of the price. I'm just getting a multi day park hopper for the anniversary.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Merry 2014!

Fantasmico
    If you getting lots of snow were you live....
    I wonder .....How much that Yosemite NP is getting
    it going be great in spring ...with the waterfalls
    Jim
    I would hope they are getting more snow than we. Reno hasn't gotten that much snow really, just a few inches. It has been super cold though so once it melts just a little, by 4 p.m. it's frozen over. Plus where I live doesn't get much sun since my building faces two more buildings with the parking lot in between.

Yosemite in the spring would be gorgeous!
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico! View Post
    Just looked at the pictures Pengy. That outside cat, is it theirs? I hope it is inside now. That is quite a saga. I do hope they got more insulation in their home......they do seem to be making it comfy. . . Is it a large parcel? Gotta love wild deer! Love the kittehs too. So few windows, so many cats to occupy them.
    No, thats one of the neighbors 20 or so cats. All of my grandkitties are indoor cats. And they (we) have an acre. I told them if they can get some bills paid off and if they both can get decent jobs maybe we'll build a real house on the acre someday.

Here's the grand kitties...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=0d9abedeb6

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Merry 2014!

Awwww, it does my heart good to see kittehs snuggling! It is beautiful land. Hopefully they will be able to get good jobs soon. Are they unemployed?
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Grim Grinning

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico! View Post
    We can be bummed together.
    Haha works for me! I've got half a bottle of moscato left! Maybe I'll just save it.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    This makes me very very sad but at the same time I totally understand since I let my pass expire in October because of the price. I'm just getting a multi day park hopper for the anniversary.
    We'll see what happens. If we end up having to buy passes, we may do that. It's all a little up in the air. Getting a hotel for our trip next week was a debacle enough. The place we always stay had a deal for $79.99 a night if you pay ahead of time, went to book it, it went up to $116 a night. So now we're at the Days Inn half a mile away.

• world class bilge rat

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    I grew up basically a "country" girl... had a horse and the whole thing. My daughter was really a city kid, but she's learning fast how to be a pioneer woman... esp. when they don't have water in the mobile and they have to haul it in from the pump house! I told them if they can survive this first winter, they can survive anything.
    That sounds really familiar......

I grew up on a wheat and ryegrass farm, my late wife was born and raised in Whittier, Ca.

We spent our first year together in a 16' camp trailer out on a farm. We had power, but had to haul our water.

We often said the same thing; if we can survive the whole year together, we can survive anything.

And we did!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I hear these stories, and I feel so spoiled.

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Good Night All
    Jim
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Goodnight Jim. It sure is nice to have you back posting regularly.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I hear these stories, and I feel so spoiled.
    Right? I have it pretty dang good. I'm very grateful for what I have and work hard for it, though! I have a loooooot of respect for those who can "rough it" like that.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Selfie Expert

Good Night All
    Jim
    Good night Jim! Pleasant dreams of apple crepes and chocolate cherries!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Merry 2014!

The worst I can say for myself is that the last two years of college, I was homeless for a few months each year. There were more students than housing and I was bilked out of housing each year. Paid deposits then went back at the start of school and poof! there was no record of any deposit, they didn't honor my receipt so I lived in a storage unit one year, the next in my car. Good times.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!