Page 96 of 134 FirstFirst ... 46718693949596979899106121 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2007

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: RCMC #123:Chit-Chat, Blab and Spiel.. No matter how you put it we like to talk!

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico! View Post
    Awwww, it does my heart good to see kittehs snuggling! It is beautiful land. Hopefully they will be able to get good jobs soon. Are they unemployed?
    She was hired as a sub teacher, but... thats hit and miss. She's only gotten called twice and worked once. Clint is working at a call center and HATES it since he keeps getting written up for stupid stuff like going to the bathroom without permission. And he's only getting $10 an hour. One of my cousin's (by marriage)relatives has hired him to do home health care, since that is similar to what he did in Eureka, but right now she doesn't have any clients full time for him. He had one, but he was 90 and Clint only worked with him twice and.... he died.

Most of the mines up there are laying off... so there are not a lot of jobs. I think they just went there for the free rent, to get away from their roommate, and to get out of California.

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    Haha works for me! I've got half a bottle of moscato left! Maybe I'll just save it.

We'll see what happens. If we end up having to buy passes, we may do that. It's all a little up in the air. Getting a hotel for our trip next week was a debacle enough. The place we always stay had a deal for $79.99 a night if you pay ahead of time, went to book it, it went up to $116 a night. So now we're at the Days Inn half a mile away.
    I hate when motels do that......

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    That sounds really familiar......

I grew up on a wheat and ryegrass farm, my late wife was born and raised in Whittier, Ca.

We spent our first year together in a 16' camp trailer out on a farm. We had power, but had to haul our water.

We often said the same thing; if we can survive the whole year together, we can survive anything.

And we did!
    Well Clint is a city slicker too... so they are both experiencing a sharp learning curve. Today she said they had no water again for a bit... and that the pump on the toilet went out and they would have to get a new one tomorrow.

A pump on the toilet??? Uh.... toilets don't have pumps.... if you aren't getting water into the tank you have froze pipes somewhere.

Yeah, I sheltered her to much growing up me thinks... just glad I set her straight before they went to the hardware store to buy a pump for the toilet....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Merry 2014!

Re: RCMC #123:Chit-Chat, Blab and Spiel.. No matter how you put it we like to talk!

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleman View Post
    Good Night All
    Jim
    Nanners Jim!
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

The worst I can say for myself is that the last two years of college, I was homeless for a few months each year. There were more students than housing and I was bilked out of housing each year. Paid deposits then went back at the start of school and poof! there was no record of any deposit, they didn't honor my receipt so I lived in a storage unit one year, the next in my car. Good times.
    Oh wow.... but those are the things that you can look back on and say... Wow... I survived!!!!

Nanners Jim!

all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Merry 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Today she said they had no water again for a bit... and that the pump on the toilet went out and they would have to get a new one tomorrow.

A pump on the toilet??? Uh.... toilets don't have pumps.... if you aren't getting water into the tank you have froze pipes somewhere.

Yeah, I sheltered her to much growing up me thinks... just glad I set her straight before they went to the hardware store to buy a pump for the toilet....
    Who'd have thunk she would ever have moved to the prairie though? Unless she had lots of practice fixing things around the house, no way she'd have been prepared to live is such a small town close to nowhere. Not me anyway.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Now I really do know how spoiled I am when I hear what other people have endured.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Merry 2014!

Oh wow.... but those are the things that you can look back on and say... Wow... I survived!!!!

Nanners Jim!
    Absolutely. And I don't mind paying the rent or heating or cable bills. In fact I'm always grateful to pay them.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Sshhh, being very quiet

hahahahaha! Actually.... no....

Here's the pics that the kid has sent me. The grandkitties will be getting a new album of their own next.

Photos From the North Part III - penguinsoda's Photos
    I love all those kitties! I wished I could have that many!

Can't get it working at all. I have had that problem with another game recently downloaded too.
    Booo! Cuz it's a great game...not crazy like WoW but still fun

• Merry 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post

I'm going to figure out what's going on with the download. I really want to play!
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Time for me to get some sleep. My husband wants to head to the grocery store tomorrow, so I'm going to actually have to set my alarm. I haven't been doing that at all lately. It's been nice to be able to wake up without an alarm, no matter what time that turns out to be.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I'm going to figure out what's going on with the download. I really want to play!
    Do you get to fully download? No error messages? And you just can't get it to open? Or what is the problem?

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

Who'd have thunk she would ever have moved to the prairie though? Unless she had lots of practice fixing things around the house, no way she'd have been prepared to live is such a small town close to nowhere. Not me anyway.
    She knew it was a small town but.. I don't think she realized how small or how much more stuff is like... food... because you are in the middle of nowhere. But next spring she is going to put in a garden and grow some of her own food. That will help out. And some of the neighbors have brought them sandwiches, french onion elk soup, fresh fish... cookies... they never had neighbors do that before!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Now I really do know how spoiled I am when I hear what other people have endured.
    Me to Barbara... I actually have lead a pretty charmed life.

I dunno... I think 4 indoor cats is a bit much. If they had a 4000 sq ft home maybe. But in a 720 sq foot trailer?

Nanners Barbara!

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Thanks everyone for the well wishes, I appreciate it. I've only driven to the store about 5 mins from my house. Other than that other people have driven me around. I'm the type when you wrong me I'm going after you. I only wanted the license plate but being that he spun out and gave up at that point just made it easier for me.

I had dinner with my family this evening. Their all playing catch phrase, it's pretty funny watching them. My oldest niece goes back to ASU this Thursday. She graduates May 10th.

• Merry 2014!

Do you get to fully download? No error messages? And you just can't get it to open? Or what is the problem?
    I thought I had fully downloaded it, but when I try to open the game I get error messages. Just now I think I haven't loaded it all. . . I registered and accepted the email. . . then downloaded. . . Hmmm, I'm going to reinstall and pay attention this time, lol.

She knew it was a small town but.. I don't think she realized how small or how much more stuff is like... food... because you are in the middle of nowhere. But next spring she is going to put in a garden and grow some of her own food. That will help out. And some of the neighbors have brought them sandwiches, french onion elk soup, fresh fish... cookies... they never had neighbors do that before!

Me to Barbara... I actually have lead a pretty charmed life.

I dunno... I think 4 indoor cats is a bit much. If they had a 4000 sq ft home maybe. But in a 720 sq foot trailer?

Nanners Barbara!
    Nice neighbors! I have a crazy neighbor who likes to shout at me from in front of my patio.

I have two cats in a 640 sq. ft apartment. . . that's quite enough. I couldn't imagine double the cats in only 80 more sq ft.

I lived in a pretty small town growing up in the desert but we had running water and the grocery store was only 5 miles away. If that really. Kudos to your daughter and son-in-law!
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

•   
    • Jester of Randomness

Blog Entries

I lived in a pretty small town growing up in the desert but we had running water and the grocery store was only 5 miles away. If that really. Kudos to your daughter and son-in-law!
    Well they have running water... when its not froze!! They are actually only 2 miles from town, so its not to bad of a drive.

Lori!!! Good to see you! Hope you aren't sore anymore!

• world class bilge rat

I'm opposite of most of you.

When I moved to Reno (Sparks actually, the two towns border each other), I went from my closest neighbor about 1/2 mile away to a subdivision with houses 20' from each other.

It was kinda ok at first, but got real old real fast. All kinds of noise, barking dogs, traffic, loud music, I just couldn't stand it.

If I didn't move to Fernley when I did, I'd very likely be in prison for being some sort of mass- murderer......

Lol.