Page 23 of 134 FirstFirst ... 1320212223242526334873123 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: RCMC #124: I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Chatting!

I am going to have to show my grandson all the fish pictures. A little fish sparked a lot of conversation.

Kelly, that's a great picture of you and your very good looking husband.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am doing back to back posts this morning. I wonder why this feature is back again. Anyway, perhaps I can hit 45,000 posts before my trip.

Today I am finally taking down the Christmas tree. My husband returned to work today after his lengthy Christmas vacation.

TGIF.

• Selfie Expert

Thank you all for the comments on our fish/family photo! Haha

Amanda - I watched the latest AHS and I didn't catch the season 3 hint. Was it in the episode? Or one of those "stay tuned for previews" parts after the episode? I have it DVR'ed so I'll have to look at it again. Also... Not sure I liked that whole "Name Game" scene, I thought I was watching Glee for a second!

I was very productive yesterday but couldn't sleep at ALL last night, so today doesn't have a very good forecast for getting stuff done. Oh well.

Happy Friday, everyone!!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

Morning, kids....

Quick Grandma update: She tried to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, spilled her water, landed in the floor and couldn't get up. So she lay there shivering, soaked and uncovered until mom woke up and found her like that. Mom couldn't get her up, so there she lays on the floor, sleeping now - pillow and tons of blankets...still refusing to go to the doctor.

Anyway, that's all the news I have...obviously not going to work today, and the weekend Disney trip has been cancelled...fortunately we already had Monday and Tuesday off for that so we don't have to worry about work for a few days at least.

Anyway...Happy Friday!
    Signature courtesy of Poisonedapples

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Morning all!

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    Clara, sorry to hear about your guy problems, it's his loss though. My guy just doesn't see a point in meeting my family even though I live with them and have been hounded about him for over a month. Guys are dumb sometimes.
    Uh....not to be a downer but....

Name:  red_flag.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  14.3 KB

That is a HUGE red flag for me. My ex husband did just this when we were dating...and I ignored it...ignored my families advice and made the biggest mistake of my life. Just speaking from experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshnyah View Post
    Sad night but I was there toooooo

good morning everybody!!! I'm just working away
    Hey you! You mind adding me to your Twitter! You are following me and I'm doing the same but it says I can't see your tweets because you have to approve me or something

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I am doing back to back posts this morning. I wonder why this feature is back again. Anyway, perhaps I can hit 45,000 posts before my trip.
    We've been able to back to back post for a while now. I think that is how I reached 13K posts so quickly

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNimrodelle View Post
    Morning, kids....

Quick Grandma update: She tried to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, spilled her water, landed in the floor and couldn't get up. So she lay there shivering, soaked and uncovered until mom woke up and found her like that. Mom couldn't get her up, so there she lays on the floor, sleeping now - pillow and tons of blankets...still refusing to go to the doctor.

Anyway, that's all the news I have...obviously not going to work today, and the weekend Disney trip has been cancelled...fortunately we already had Monday and Tuesday off for that so we don't have to worry about work for a few days at least.

Anyway...Happy Friday!

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Morning! Off to breakfast...

Um... you know if grandma is on the floor and can't get up... you could call 911 to have the cute paramedics "help" her up.... and onto a gurney.... and out the door....

I know... easier said than done. I'll be thinking some good thoughts for grammie K....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Morning! Off to breakfast...

Um... you know if grandma is on the floor and can't get up... you could call 911 to have the cute paramedics "help" her up.... and onto a gurney.... and out the door....

I know... easier said than done. I'll be thinking some good thoughts for grammie K....

Did you say CUTE paramedics?!

But yes, if it comes to that maybe 911 should be called....

Yay! I got tickets to the Sunday Hockey game to! So...my weekend is filled

Tonight:
    • Dinner at Benihana's on Ball Ave
    • Onto DCA (I think the boy wants to do Mad T Party)

Tomorrow
    • sleep in a bit
    • gotta be at hockey game around 4 for the 6 pm puck drop

Sunday
    • Church in morning
    • 3pm hockey game

Whew wee!
    Last edited by clara; 01-04-2013 at 09:16 AM.

• Selfie Expert

Lady N - I'm so sorry to hear that. That is not a good update to hear... I know how it goes with older people (and I guess just some people in general) and not wanting to go to the doctor. I'm guessing she doesn't want to be a burden, but at this point it might be time to go against her wishes and get her help, if only to find a way to make her comfortable. :-/

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Why do I get the feeling its gonna be another...
    Name:  crickets-chirping1.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  8.6 KB

Day...

• Sock Puppet

YO!!! what up gangsta'z!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Sara - Good night!! HAVE FUN!! And I'll pass your compliment on to my husband, I'm sure it'll make his day!!

Clara - always here if you want to talk/need to vent! Sounds like you're just kinda stuck waiting. If it were me, I'd just say something along the lines of "I need you to initiate the plans, dates, or the next step. Wherever it is you want this to go. OR be clear to me if you aren't interested so I can move on. You're sending mixed signals, and I don't want to be confused."
    Right she should say that, but also she shouldn't get all up in his grill cause that could turn him off specially if she wants answers.

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    ha i'm good...it really is no skin off my nose. This guy wasn't my type anyway...
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshnyah View Post
    Sad night but I was there toooooo

good morning everybody!!! I'm just working away
    i wasn't exactly there, i missed it, but that VIDEO just makes me sad cause that was a epic night as i can see..

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNimrodelle View Post
    Morning, kids....

Anyway...Happy Friday!
    I would say drug grammy, and stuff her in the car and take her to the hospitol, or call the parameds and just have them take her she needs to go to the hospitol. sorry ur disneyland trip is canceled... but call those parameds, take photos when they come and post here for us thanks.

i remember when i had my stress anxiety attack, and the EMT's were hooking me to their portable heart monitors...i coulda stared at them all day! i was sad when we got to the hospitol and they had to go..

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Lady N - I'm so sorry to hear that. That is not a good update to hear... I know how it goes with older people (and I guess just some people in general) and not wanting to go to the doctor. I'm guessing she doesn't want to be a burden, but at this point it might be time to go against her wishes and get her help, if only to find a way to make her comfortable. :-/

yeah u might have to just bite the bullet call the parameds anyway let them do what they do to take her to the hopsitol. i have heard soo many stories of people having strokes and things . scary things happening in their brain that can be bad.. not to scare you or anything.. so i say just call 911

• Sock Puppet

brb. gotta make my boss her coffee....

OO YEAH!
    clara look for me, wearing THIS ..

my super uber tiny ear hat!! LOL it really is small, only 2 inches big

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

This is how the situation was with my mom here in Chicago. I asked the paramedics this very question. If my mother is conscious, and refuses to go to the hospital you will not take her, correct? They replied correct. It wasn't until my mother finally realized how ill she was that she finally agreed for us to call an ambulance and allow them to take her to the hospital. Now the situation is different if perhaps there is a signed power of attorney. However, the paramedics are going to speak to the patient, I believe, and act on her behalf. I am sure they will access her situation, and urge her to get medical treatment. However, the decision still remains her's as long as she is awake.

Of course you can take her yourself, but I believe she will be the one that they ask for permission to treat her.

Correct me anyone if I am wrong. However, I know this is how it went down with my mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    I would say drug grammy, and stuff her in the car and take her to the hospitol, or call the parameds and just have them take her she needs to go to the hospitol. sorry ur disneyland trip is canceled... but call those parameds, take photos when they come and post here for us thanks.

i remember when i had my stress anxiety attack, and the EMT's were hooking me to their portable heart monitors...i coulda stared at them all day! i was sad when we got to the hospitol and they had to go..
    OMG don't Drug Grammy! That is horrible!

But I do have a question for you about anxiety attacks. What are they like? I'm wondering if I have been getting them mostly because of stress or I'm wondering if its just depression.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    OO YEAH!
    clara look for me, wearing THIS ..

my super uber tiny ear hat!! LOL it really is small, only 2 inches big
    I will try. The Boy tends to change his mind on a whim so he might want to go to Dland instead at last minute. I'll be wearing a Blue sweatshirt with goofy on back and a red newspaper boy cap...i forget the term for those types of hats...