Page 52 of 134 FirstFirst ... 22742495051525354556277102 ... LastLast

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: RCMC #124: I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Chatting!

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    i watched happy endings, hilarious but b in apartment 23 was stupid last night.. revenge rocked,,

but tonight is THE BACHELOR!!!!!!!!!!!! yaya !!!!!!
    ha on bachelor. I could never understand those shows. But the only shows that I sit down and make sure I'm watching is Once Upon a Time, The Walking Dead and Downton Abbey.

Glendale elementary school evacuated due to bomb threat | abc7.com

Insanity! Why would someone, even as a joke, call in a bomb threat. Well Unless it was real, which it could have been.

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

casa colina rflol.. what a funny rehab name..but SCORE! u got the password!

swanky.. LOL LOL resort de casa colina LOL
    oo ur right it does look like a resort! i just googled it.. hahah!! hmmm good to know incase anyone i know needs rehab, do they have a spa? i need to be in one! LOL
    I'm sure they have one for PT - they do Aquatic Therapy here.

since gramm-mama fought kicking and screaming practicly to go to hospitol, is she liking Casa Colina De Resort for Rehab?
    Umm...all she wants to do is go home, so she is excited that they are going to help her get strong enough to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    ah good! you were able to get her into a hospital! Great!
    Well, the paramedics took her against her will. So..but she's here now.

Insanity! Why would someone, even as a joke, call in a bomb threat. Well Unless it was real, which it could have been.
    Oh gosh!
    Signature courtesy of Poisonedapples

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNimrodelle View Post
    Well, the paramedics took her against her will. So..but she's here now.
    Oh they can do that?

Umm...all she wants to do is go home,
    This reminds me of when we put my grandma in a elderly home after my aunt couldn't care for her anymore. My aunt worked full time and Gma was hurting herself to much on her own all day.
    But when she was finally in the elderly home, every time any of us, my aunts, uncle, dad any of us would go to visit her, at the end of the visit, she would start putting her coat and shoes on. When asked why she was doing that she would say "because you are taking me home now" in spanish.

So sad but at that point she was very bad with dementia and old.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Casa Colina is the Rehabilitation hospital that grandma is in - it's the best facility in the state and has a nationwide reputation for excellence. So we're really glad she got in here! Plus it looks like a swanky resort instead of a hospital.
    Sooooooo glad you were able to get her into a good place!! And it sounds like she is motivated to do what she has to do to get out of there!

OMG. What is wrong with people??? Honestly the world is so freaking full of nut jobs.... agh!!!

Do. Not. Want.

Do not want to go to work this afternoon. Would much rather sit here all afternoon and chat with you guys. But... as soon as my laundry is out of the dryer, off I go.

phooey.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Do not want to go to work this afternoon. Would much rather sit here all afternoon and chat with you guys. But... as soon as my laundry is out of the dryer, off I go.

phooey.
    I felt the same way this morning...it is so cold and my bed is so warm. And my neck is seriously hurting this morning...I know I've have a migraine/tension head ache because of my neck before the day is over.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The plumber came and left. He rodded out the sewer line, and now the basement toilet is flushing fine again. I certainly hope this isn't a sign of a year filled with bad luck.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    The plumber came and left. He rodded out the sewer line, and now the basement toilet is flushing fine again. I certainly hope this isn't a sign of a year filled with bad luck.
    oh...one of the reasons I don't want to buy a house. I couldn't deal with things breaking down. Something breaks down in my apartment, I call maintenance and its fixed within days.

• Sock Puppet

i made the mistake of showing my dad a facebook page that this person had created about their samoyed, which we have one also.. anyhow so the dogs name is samy the samoyed and he has his own facebook page and twitter account.. its cute idea, so nnnooooww my dad wants me to do one for Luna. not sure why, but he does.. so add that to the list of projects i am doing .LOL

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

Oh they can do that?

This reminds me of when we put my grandma in a elderly home after my aunt couldn't care for her anymore. My aunt worked full time and Gma was hurting herself to much on her own all day.
    But when she was finally in the elderly home, every time any of us, my aunts, uncle, dad any of us would go to visit her, at the end of the visit, she would start putting her coat and shoes on. When asked why she was doing that she would say "because you are taking me home now" in spanish.

So sad but at that point she was very bad with dementia and old.
    Oh yes. They can do that if they determine that the patient doesn't understand the situation. He kindly but firmly explained to her their liability if they left her at home. Then they took her. And, yes - all she wants is to go home - we are trying (semi-successfully) to make her understand that she isn't strong enough to go home yet. I just hope to God she gets strong enough, I don't fancy having to explain to her that she has to live in a nursing home or something like that. Still early stages though, so I can still allow myself to hope that she will improve by leaps and bounds once they actually get started with her - right now its all evaluation for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Sooooooo glad you were able to get her into a good place!! And it sounds like she is motivated to do what she has to do to get out of there!
    Indeed.
    Signature courtesy of Poisonedapples

OMG for some of the FUNNIEST autocorrect texts you will ever read...

The 25 Funniest AutoCorrects Of 2012

I can't finish the list because I'm laughing so hard and my co-workers think I'm crying!

• Sock Puppet

i've seen those .. those are funny. i read a funny story about the worst DJ ever..LOL omg

i've seen those .. those are funny. i read a funny story about the worst DJ ever..LOL omg
    I wanna read about the worst DJ ever

• Sock Puppet

i'll send link on twitter to u and zabria lol

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Once my mother agreed to go to the doctor, she was diagnosed as having Alzheimer's. We explained to the emergency personnel how there was nobody at home able to care for my mother. Her doctor then recommended a very good nursing home where my mom lived the last year of her life.

My mom was very weak. She could not care for herself, She wasn't strong enough to even walk on her own. When I would visit her, she'd always ask when she was going home. I'd tell her she'd have to get strong enough first to be able to walk by herself. She seemed to accept that. My mom was cared for very well in the nursing home. We had to put her on public aid to pay for her care. I felt very grateful at the time that that was the way it was handled. None of her children were burdened with her bills.

The important thing was that my mom was safe. SHe got good care. She always knew me and my sister when we visited her despite the Alzheimer's diagnosis.

My mom was 82 years old when she passed away, so she lived a long life. She was a good mother to her children.

It's hard to watch someone you know slip away from you. My mom wouldn't let us care for her when she was at home, she would fight with her daughters. So she had to get pretty bad, before she finally agreed to medical treatment.

I don't envy anyone going through the same type of situation that I went through with my mom.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort