Page 57 of 134 FirstFirst ... 73247545556575859606782107 ... LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: RCMC #124: I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Chatting!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNimrodelle View Post
    Thanks Sara, I do like this one better!

OK, its nanner time for me. See y'all tomorrow!
    Nanners!

Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    Thanks Pengy. Yes it can be quite frustrating. I'm limited in some daily things, but can still do most stuff. My back, neck and head will tell me when I've done too much or stretched something too far. Funny how the body uses a thing called pain to alert you to that
    Yes, sometimes the bod is good at reminding us... you might think you can but....

Ok, I have hit the wall. Hope my phone does not ring in the morning. Nanners all!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Grim Grinning

Off to Disneyland!!

• Grim Grinning

Woah woah woah!! Why do I have one star now?? This is distressing!

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    I'm back... what's left of me is back. I can't believe I am actually contemplating picking up extra hours after the tech that quit leaves. I printed out his schedule today, and Sunday the person that works on the schedule will be there and I'll see what I can pick up. I know that there will be one weekend... that will be 24 extra hours. Then one of the RN's today said that she could do the morning half and I could come in the second half during the week so we might do that.

I am already so freaking burned out on that place... and I totally understand why Alan quite and keeps calling in sick. But at the same time... money.... *sigh*
    I was in the same boat before - my husband was unemployed or in school, so I worked at my full time hospital position and still had a job as a retail pharmacist that I just picked up random shifts. One week, I worked almost 90 hours between the two jobs... I was exhausted. The money was nice, but it never seemed worth it because I'd be so tired and grumpy. I quit my retail job a few months ago since my husband now has a job. I made more money than him with my retail job, but it was wearing on both of us. We are MUCH happier now!

Hang in there, Pengy. Work what you can to help alleviate any financial stress, but don't go overboard because you will hit a wall eventually. The money is nice, but happiness is nicer!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    IM HERE IM HERE IM HERE!!! better late then never

LADY N.-- doing ur sig now

kelly-yo! how was shopping what you get?

hey pengy

hey clara

hey anybody else..

oh and jim--hot tea with whiskey then go to bed
    Nothing real exciting. We walked through IKEA where all I got was a set of wineglasses (cheap!), then to Ross to return some shirts but I didn't feel like trying clothes on so didn't get anything there, then to lunch, then to Costco where I had TONS of cleaning supplies and toiletries and stuff to buy. Basically $300 worth of necessities that I won't have to buy again for at least another year haha plus they all had coupons so despite spending a lot, they were very good deals. Plus now I (should) have a working Crock Pot. I'm going to fire her up tomorrow I think.

Funny story - while I was waiting in the return/exchange line at Costco with my broken crockpot, the man in front of my had two bag of chips. They were at least 2/3 empty, and he had the tops rolled up (like you might store them in your pantry). He brought them up, asked for a refund, and got it! So when it was my turn I laughed and said "exactly how much does one have to eat before you can't give him money back on it anymore" the cashier laughed and shook her head, saying it happens way too often. Wow. Talk about taking advantage of things. Anyway, I think its wrong what he did, but not my problem! It was amusing to watch, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    Hi Clara. Car is good, just like new. Back is another story. Low back is bothering me quite a bit today. One errand I did today I had to wait about 40 mins and there were only wooden chairs there. I sat in one for about 5 mins, and that made my tailbone hurt quite a bit. It actually was better to stand up. Yesterday and the day before the back of my head and neck bothered me quite a bit. I literally had my hand holding the back of my neck yesterday, I couldn't stand it anymore. My chiropractor today said I should've laid down and put a rolled up towel behind my neck, then my neck wouldn't be doing all the work. Made sense. So each day has it's ups and downs with soreness and pain.

Kaiser called me today and they have my CT scan on disk so I can pick them up tomorrow and take them to my chiropractor so he can have a look at it.

How are you doing?
    Lots of skeletal pain after wrecks. Not fun. I hope you start feeling better quickly! Hang in there. It will get better!

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    I enjoyed some whiskey in my Coke tonight
    Delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    incase ladyn doesn see her pm box,, here

i re did her siggy!
    I LOVE THIS SIGGY! Anything Nightmare makes me happy. Nice job, Sara!

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    Off to Disneyland!!
    TAKE ME WITH YOUUUU!!!!

The Platinum stars are what you get for every 10000 posts. So since you're at 11,596 you have one. When you reach 20000 posts you'll get 2. Super special!! I'm still working on 1 dinky yellow star!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

When my mother was in her 70's we convinced her to add one of her children's names to her bank accounts. That way, if something happened to her, like a trip the hospital, or even just bad weather, she would have access to her money. She finally agreed, and being my mother who didn't want to favor one child over the other, she added all 3 of us. It's a good thing she did this, because it made things a whole lot easier when she began developing the Alzheimer's. Also when we had to admit her to the nursing home, I was able to do a lot of things on her behalf.

I have 2 checking accounts. One is a joint account with my husband. The other is a joint account with my grandson and my son. Someday in the future, they will be glad I did that.

It's a good idea for everyone to have an additional person on their accounts. Someone who you can trust, should you lose your mobility.

Of course, now people do a lot of things online. So perhaps my theory needs a little tweaking in that regard.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Off to Disneyland!!
    Oh sure... rub it in!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I was in the same boat before - my husband was unemployed or in school, so I worked at my full time hospital position and still had a job as a retail pharmacist that I just picked up random shifts. One week, I worked almost 90 hours between the two jobs... I was exhausted. The money was nice, but it never seemed worth it because I'd be so tired and grumpy. I quit my retail job a few months ago since my husband now has a job. I made more money than him with my retail job, but it was wearing on both of us. We are MUCH happier now!

Hang in there, Pengy. Work what you can to help alleviate any financial stress, but don't go overboard because you will hit a wall eventually. The money is nice, but happiness is nicer!
    Whoa... 90 hours... yeah thats to much. There was a time when I had three jobs. I was part time at school but on a flex schedule so I only worked 3 days, full time at the hospital which was three days and worked one day a week in a doctors office. I did that for a bit over a year....

Yeah... do not miss that. I look back and wonder how in the world I did it... Of course I was younger then.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    When my mother was in her 70's we convinced her to add one of her children's names to her bank accounts. That way, if something happened to her, like a trip the hospital, or even just bad weather, she would have access to her money. She finally agreed, and being my mother who didn't want to favor one child over the other, she added all 3 of us. It's a good thing she did this, because it made things a whole lot easier when she began developing the Alzheimer's. Also when we had to admit her to the nursing home, I was able to do a lot of things on her behalf.

I have 2 checking accounts. One is a joint account with my husband. The other is a joint account with my grandson and my son. Someday in the future, they will be glad I did that.

It's a good idea for everyone to have an additional person on their accounts. Someone who you can trust, should you lose your mobility.

Of course, now people do a lot of things online. So perhaps my theory needs a little tweaking in that regard.
    My mom put me on her stuff some years before she passed away. Right now I'm on my daughters checking account, and its with the same bank I go to so I can transfer money into her account. This summer I'm going to look into what we'd have to do to have her name put on the property she and her husband are living on. Then at some point in the future, I plan on having her added to some other stuff too. It just makes it so much easier...

And thank goodness my phone did not ring this morning!!! Only have to do my school job!!! Whoo hooo!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Selfie Expert

On another note

My husband and I both couldn't sleep past 5 this morning, so we went out and had breakfast at Cracker Barrel before he had to go to work. It was yummy and fun!

I'm meeting the 3 ladies I took to Disneyland over at the horse race track in a couple hours - none of them have been before.

Then this evening the hubs and I are going to see Peter Pan with Cathy Rigby! I saw her as Peter Pan about 20 years ago (when I was 5 or so), so I am super excited about it!!!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Sounds like a fun day Kelly.

I'm doing laundry, and trying to figure out the best clothes to pack for my vacation. A carryon suitcase will only hold so much, and my trip is longer than usual.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Morning all!

Off to Disneyland!!
    YAY!

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    The Platinum stars are what you get for every 10000 posts. So since you're at 11,596 you have one. When you reach 20000 posts you'll get 2. Super special!! I'm still working on 1 dinky yellow star!
    Yeah..what she said

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Right now I'm on my daughters checking account, and its with the same bank I go to so I can transfer money into her account.
    I would NEVER allow my mother onto my checking account. Its hard enough for me that she has the extra key to my aparment because she takes care of my kid. But we have a much different relationship than I'm sure you do with your daughter Pengy. Sometimes, I'm jealous

Hey Barabara...your avatar is SO tiny and is MC Gold?

Ontario Mills food court accident leaves 10 hurt | abc7.com

Apparently, Ontario Mills just blocks from my house, is falling apart. The ceiling came down on people yesterday.

I actually loathe that mall and won't go into it except to go to the Disney Store Outlet and Build a Bear but this kinda thing doesn't suprise me. And no one speaks english in there....

OH LOOK LOOK!
    <----

So if one has MC Gold they get a little MC Gold icon under their name. Barbara doesn't have an avatar so I thought that was her avatar! But I have one to ABOVE my avatar!

I like it!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNimrodelle View Post
    Thanks Sara, I do like this one better!

OK, its nanner time for me. See y'all tomorrow!

thanks!

thanks thanks everyone, yep not sure what mood i was in when i did the prev lady N. one, but THIS is WAY better!

i hate ontario mills bleh!

okay brb.

• Sock Puppet

oooh btw kelila, that fan pop site for images is GREAT!!! specially for wallpapers for name fills(thats what urs and mine is..)