Page 23 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1320212223242526334873123 ... LastLast

• Selfie Expert

Re: RCMC #125: Dude, Where's My Burger?

I'm searching for some good and easy crockpot recipes. I exchanged my broken one the other day and am hoping my new one works since I think a slow cooker will really help when I'm working the overnights... Anyone have any??

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Sock Puppet

• Sock Puppet

517 recipes! and all u gotta do is look at them, click on the photo of the recipe, then at the bottom of recipe is another link, click on it and you get full recipe.. its just how punchfork works, but i use them all the time for everything, and i love them!!!!!

• Sock Puppet

my favorite food bloggers are pioneer woman, chow,allrecipes,bon appeitite,kalyns kitchen, martha stewart and two peas and their pod....

• Sock Puppet

oh and kelly it will tell ya if they are easy or not.. and u can search accordingly also. punchfork is easy to use, my mom on the other hand can't figure it out but she is old.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

well there goes the winds again...

I'm off to bed. Night!

• Selfie Expert

I've been using AllRecipes - I love that site. I'll check out Punchfork!! Thanks, Sara!

• Selfie Expert

Good night, Clara!

• Never give in.

I believe a certain penguin just "uh huh'd" me. Don't you "uh huh" me!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    well there goes the winds again...

I'm off to bed. Night!
    i hate the wind. knocks my car around on the freeway.. LOL im a bad driver anyway, so what's the difference!?

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I've been using AllRecipes - I love that site. I'll check out Punchfork!! Thanks, Sara!
    allrecipes is good too, i think some of their stuff is featured on punchfork, its a site made up of submitted recipes by various food blogs and stuff.. even my hero martha stewart!!

Quote Originally Posted by PiG_GuRl View Post
    I believe a certain penguin just "uh huh'd" me. Don't you "uh huh" me!

haha u tell her!

oh did u guys ever read that letter from marth stewart about the old barn???
    no? oh hold on. this Sh#$%$ is funny!

k. 1st letter is from this lady named Erma to MArtha, then the next one is to erma from martha.. TOOO funny!

Erma Bombeck's Christmas letter to Martha Stewart:

Dear Martha,

I'm writing this on the back of an old shopping list, pay no attention to the coffee and jelly stains. I'm 20 minutes late getting my daughter up for school, packing a lunch with one hand, on the phone with the dog pound, seems old Ruff needs bailing out, again.

Burnt my arm on the curling iron when I was trying to make those cute curly fries, how DO they do that?

Still can't find the scissors to cut out some snowflakes, tried using an old disposable razor ... trashed the tablecloth. Tried that cranberry thing, frozen cranberries mushed up after I defrosted them in the microwave.

Oh, and don't use Fruity Pebbles as a substitute in that Rice Krispie snowball recipe, unless you happen to like a disgusting shade that resembles puke!

The smoke alarm is going off, talk to ya later.

Love, Erma

Martha Stewart's Christmas letter to Erma Bombeck:

Hi Erma,

This perfectly delightful note is being sent on paper I made myself to tell you what I have been up to.

Since it snowed last night, I got up early and made a sled with old barn wood and a glue gun. I hand painted it in gold leaf, got out my loom, and made a blanket in peaches and mauves. Then to make the sled complete, I made a white horse to pull it, from DNA that I had just sitting around in my craft room.

By then, it was time to start making the place mats and napkins for my 20 breakfast guests. I'm serving the old standard Stewart twelve-course breakfast, but I'll let you in on a little secret: I didn't have time to make the tables and chairs this morning, so I used the ones I had on hand. Before I moved the table into the dining room, I decided to add just a touch of the holidays. So I repainted the room in pinks and stenciled gold stars on the ceiling. Then, while the homemade bread was rising, I took antique candle molds and made the dishes (exactly the same shade of pink) to use for breakfast. These were made from Hungarian clay, which you can get at almost any Hungarian craft store.

Well, I must run. I need to finish the buttonholes on the dress I'm wearing for breakfast. I'll get out the sled and drive this note to the post office as soon as the glue dries on the envelope I'll be making. Hope my breakfast guests don't stay too long, I have 40,000 cranberries to string with bay leaves before my speaking engagement at noon. It's a good thing.

Love, Martha Stewart

P.S. When I made the ribbon for this typewriter, I used 1/8-inch gold gauze. I soaked the gauze in a mixture of white grapes and blackberries, which I grew, picked, and crushed last week just for fun

• Grim Grinning

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    i hate the wind. knocks my car around on the freeway.. LOL im a bad driver anyway, so what's the difference!?

allrecipes is good too, i think some of their stuff is featured on punchfork, its a site made up of submitted recipes by various food blogs and stuff.. even my hero martha stewart!!

haha u tell her!

oh did u guys ever read that letter from marth stewart about the old barn???
    no? oh hold on. this Sh#$%$ is funny!

k. 1st letter is from this lady named Erma to MArtha, then the next one is to erma from martha.. TOOO funny!

Erma Bombeck's Christmas letter to Martha Stewart:

Dear Martha,

I'm writing this on the back of an old shopping list, pay no attention to the coffee and jelly stains. I'm 20 minutes late getting my daughter up for school, packing a lunch with one hand, on the phone with the dog pound, seems old Ruff needs bailing out, again.

Burnt my arm on the curling iron when I was trying to make those cute curly fries, how DO they do that?

Still can't find the scissors to cut out some snowflakes, tried using an old disposable razor ... trashed the tablecloth. Tried that cranberry thing, frozen cranberries mushed up after I defrosted them in the microwave.

Oh, and don't use Fruity Pebbles as a substitute in that Rice Krispie snowball recipe, unless you happen to like a disgusting shade that resembles puke!

The smoke alarm is going off, talk to ya later.

Love, Erma

Martha Stewart's Christmas letter to Erma Bombeck:

Hi Erma,

This perfectly delightful note is being sent on paper I made myself to tell you what I have been up to.

Since it snowed last night, I got up early and made a sled with old barn wood and a glue gun. I hand painted it in gold leaf, got out my loom, and made a blanket in peaches and mauves. Then to make the sled complete, I made a white horse to pull it, from DNA that I had just sitting around in my craft room.

By then, it was time to start making the place mats and napkins for my 20 breakfast guests. I'm serving the old standard Stewart twelve-course breakfast, but I'll let you in on a little secret: I didn't have time to make the tables and chairs this morning, so I used the ones I had on hand. Before I moved the table into the dining room, I decided to add just a touch of the holidays. So I repainted the room in pinks and stenciled gold stars on the ceiling. Then, while the homemade bread was rising, I took antique candle molds and made the dishes (exactly the same shade of pink) to use for breakfast. These were made from Hungarian clay, which you can get at almost any Hungarian craft store.

Well, I must run. I need to finish the buttonholes on the dress I'm wearing for breakfast. I'll get out the sled and drive this note to the post office as soon as the glue dries on the envelope I'll be making. Hope my breakfast guests don't stay too long, I have 40,000 cranberries to string with bay leaves before my speaking engagement at noon. It's a good thing.

Love, Martha Stewart

P.S. When I made the ribbon for this typewriter, I used 1/8-inch gold gauze. I soaked the gauze in a mixture of white grapes and blackberries, which I grew, picked, and crushed last week just for fun
    Hahaha that's funny! As much as laughing hurts right now, I enjoyed that. I too enjoy the pioneer woman. She has a recipe for mini vanilla bean scones that I love. Once I'm feeling better I think I'll make a batch. In the meantime, I think I'm gonna go back to sleep. Goodnight!

• Never give in.

Goodnight, Moon.

• Selfie Expert

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    But snakes serve a purpose... the eat rodents!
    I need me one of those. Now if I could just train it to stay in the backyard, away from me, I'd probably never see anymore creepy crawlies.

Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    I have two of them. They're getting old, and only lay eggs when it's warm. They have a coop and an outside area that's fenced. There are tons of coyotes around here, but they don't come up close to the house.

Occasionally, I raise hogs, but haven't for a few years.
    Never knew Rob was a pig farmer.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    Hey everyone.

Went on a job interview today with a school district in Sunnyvale. Hoping it went okay. I haven't been on an interview in over 13 years. Things have definitely changed. Anyway, it was in front of a panel of 7 people. They had 7 questions laid out on a print out and each one asked me a question. They were all pretty much "how would you handle or what would you do in this type of situation". It was a bit tough, but I just answered to the best of my ability. I was surprised considering it's just a printing/mailroom technician job, nothing managerial. They said they would be in contact, so I'm assuming probably sometime this week. I'm hoping to get the job, it would be nice.

So how's everyone doing? I've been having some type of cold bug trying to get into or over take my system. No major symptoms yet, but I feel the beginning of it.
    Good luck getting the job.

Good luck also on not getting a cold/and or the flu.

Indeed they do!!

Usually, there's tons of mice around my house. One year, there weren't any. Once during the summer, I worked nights, and got up around 10AM or so. I went outside and saw a gopher snake about 4' long. It looked up at me, and sorta slithered off, not in any hurry.

I thought to myself 'Aha....now I know why there are no mice around....that snake is doing its job!

I'd love to have a gopher snake or two around, but not rattlers. The gopher snakes are pretty mellow; if you spend some time with them they'll even let you pick them up. Rattlers are a different story.......
    My crazy husband bought a snake when we first got married. He didn't cage it in our tiny 4 room apartment, and it crawled away, never to be seen again.

I'll most likely be there, but prolly a bit late.
    Remember to put your party hat on.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Don't let the bugs bite. Nanners!
    Don't you just hate those bed bug commercials. I have to change the channel.

It's funny; I'm a construction electrician, and very likely the only one on the entire planet that isn't way into sports. So at lunchtime, everyone is talking about the latest game, and I'm just sitting there.......

Seriously, I don't mind being left out at all, but it's got to be funny to some of the other guys.
    My younger brother was the same way. Complete opposite of my older brother.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I'm searching for some good and easy crockpot recipes. I exchanged my broken one the other day and am hoping my new one works since I think a slow cooker will really help when I'm working the overnights... Anyone have any??
    I had a crockpot way back when my kids were little. I used to make goulash in it. That's the only recipe that my kids liked.

Quote Originally Posted by PiG_GuRl View Post
    Goodnight, Moon.
    Good morning sunshine. Where has the sun been?

Not here.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

The RCMC has a negative effect on me, it's got me multiquoting, and I'm loving it.

I just love all the wonderful activity, and all the great conversation.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort