Page 77 of 135 FirstFirst ... 27677475767778798087127 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 2019

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: RCMC #125: Dude, Where's My Burger?

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    yep ,my grandma had it bad. you wouldn't know it other then from looking at her hands and stuff but she suffered, she was silent about it. she had colon cancer also.she passed like 7 years ago, her colon was perforated by then from all the treatments and stuff. And my grandpa lived on, till just recently, he was 93.he died in his sleep peacefully. he was soo dang healthy, it put us all to shame.
    My grandfather also died recently, at age 92. My grandmother died when my mom was 9 so i never knew her. But I have her picture in my living room. I'm named after her.

Quote Originally Posted by PiG_GuRl View Post
    Did you edit that?
    LOL I did but that is really what my fortune cookie said.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    My husband says he doesn't want to live that long. I tell him all the time he will probably live to be 95 like his grandmother was. She was pretty healthy. Just a little hard of hearing. She ate really well.
    just bar.. make sure that u got close living relatives or something a friend maybe when you get to that point. my grandpa lived by himself, and my aunt found him, after 2 days of calling to see how he was doing. after he didn't get back to her, she went to his house....they lived 5 min from each other but still.u get what i mean an getting at?

• mountains beyond mtns.

i don't wear flip flops during the winter. its too cold here for them.

when my toes start pushing in my shoe it's time to cut them.
    Out of habit, I put on flip flops before venturing into the 45 degree morning last week. Very bad idea but I was too lazy to walk back in to change. This too is why I need the Man of Steel shoes.

• Sock Puppet

Gramdpa died in august. he was in the navy when he was younger.. so they contacted us and at his memorial/funeral they wore white and they played their horn to send him off, and folded the flag and gave it to my mom. and i got other family members that were in the military, so at one point they all stood up and saluted.it was touching.

my grandpa lived by himself, and my aunt found him, after 2 days of calling to see how he was doing. after he didn't get back to her, she went to his house....
    oh no good, no good

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My husband is 66. Is a good thing that we moved the kids in with us. By kids, I mean my grandson, and his mom. They check up on us. We aren't that old, but some day we will be. I hope that some day my older son will move in where my tenant lives now. He needs a break on his rent.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• mountains beyond mtns.

so did my grandpa, fish veggies things like that. walked 3 miles a day.for 93 years of his life.

hmmi think i know why

just did a signature last night for someone that had a marie in it..
    That's not me getting a Marie signature!

• Sock Puppet

My husband is 66. Is a good thing that we moved the kids in with us. By kids, I mean my grandson, and his mom. They check up on us. We aren't that old, but some day we will be. I hope that some day my older son will move in where my tenant lives now. He needs a break on his rent.

just apparantly the way to go is in ur sleep. so i am pushing for that when i hit my 90's!

rent is expensive!!!!!!!!! i hate rent.... that's money that could go into my retirement or something..

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My brother moved in with my mom when she was in her late 70's. She needed watching. Sadly, he's gone now too. He didn't bother telling any of us he was in the hospital, and by the time we found out he was already on a ventilator. He died 24 hours later. You just never know. But yes, family needs to take care of family.
    Pop Century Resort

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

Sears repair people, completely USELESS. I tell them our dryer doesn't dry as well as it used to. It's about 8 years old. He turns it on and checks the outside vent and says hmm no heat. Puts his hand in the dryer and says it's warm in here. Asks us which cycles do we use and tell him auto cycles. He says try using the timed cycles. I said it should work no matter what cycle you use. He says the auto cycles have a separate sensor. So your telling me there isn't a way of diagnosing the problem. He says no, it could be any number of things wrong and without something actually broke I can't just go replacing parts. Seriously? Then what did we pay $193 for? I'm a repair man and you bought a warranty, nothing is broken so their is nothing for me to fix. But when your young in your mid to late 20's and wear your pants hanging down, I guess I should've expected nothing less then the service you just gave.

My brother moved in with my mom when she was in her late 70's. She needed watching. Sadly, he's gone now too. He didn't bother telling any of us he was in the hospital, and by the time we found out he was already on a ventilator. He died 24 hours later. You just never know. But yes, family needs to take care of family.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    Sears repair people, completely USELESS. I tell them our dryer doesn't dry as well as it used to. It's about 8 years old. He turns it on and checks the outside vent and says hmm no heat. Puts his hand in the dryer and says it's warm in here. Asks us which cycles do we use and tell him auto cycles. He says try using the timed cycles. I said it should work no matter what cycle you use. He says the auto cycles have a separate sensor. So your telling me there isn't a way of diagnosing the problem. He says no, it could be any number of things wrong and without something actually broke I can't just go replacing parts. Seriously? Then what did we pay $193 for? I'm a repair man and you bought a warranty, nothing is broken so their is nothing for me to fix. But when your young in your mid to late 20's and wear your pants hanging down, I guess I should've expected nothing less then the service you just gave.
    I had this same problem. I have a Sears service contract on both my washer and my dryer.

My Sears man cleaned the vent out because my vent was clogged with a lot of lint. Something I could have done for myself. However, I paid for the service, and Sears did do the job to my satisfaction. It sounds like you had a lazy employee.
    Pop Century Resort

but not far from the truth at all!

• Sock Puppet

sears sucks. their store sucks. the appliances are soo expensive! i got the same washer and dryer at BEST BUY for thousand less then at sears..

i got the whirlpool duets, HF front loaders with the precision depense and it does the soap for you etc....AND we went through same problem before with the fixing, finally we said enough with this shenanigans, we are getting new ones, but ugh dang sears!

but we love our washer/dryer!! best ones ever!! they work great!