Page 112 of 134 FirstFirst ... 126287102109110111112113114115122 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2008

• Selfie Expert

Re: RCMC #126: Clean Cup! Clean Cup! Move Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    I need to go give blood. while it's of course fantastic that giving blood saves lives, I must admit that my main motivations for doing it are:

1. free movie tickets
    2. free t-shirt
    3. I can stuff my bag with the little cups of keurig coffee

and with that said, I'm all out of coffee and movie tickets. lol.

today is a homework day. lucky for me, my homework is mostly reading atm. today it is A Clockwork Orange. so, I think I will read that with a cup of tea even though it is rather gruesome and not really a relax-with-tea type novel. :P
    Haha I used to volunteer for UBS as a drive coordinator in high school because I could never give blood (either iron low or HR high), but I still loved the freebies!

Clockwork Orange... I have a love/hate for that book. I hate stumbling over all of their made-up words, but it's a amazing (and gross) book. Have you read it before?

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNimrodelle View Post
    Hi all
    Hi!!

• Sshhh, being very quiet

hey all..

well my kid is very sick. His temp went up to 103 and I'm trying to bring it down with advil and cool baths. He is eating and there is no vomiting so that is good. I'm gonna have a long night though.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I thought some of you might have thoughts on my reaction to my new signature.
    Oh well, you just never can tell what folks around here are going to react to.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• What Time Taught Us

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Haha I used to volunteer for UBS as a drive coordinator in high school because I could never give blood (either iron low or HR high), but I still loved the freebies!

Clockwork Orange... I have a love/hate for that book. I hate stumbling over all of their made-up words, but it's a amazing (and gross) book. Have you read it before?
    no, I haven't read it before, but I've seen the Kubrick film. so far I'm halfway through it and find that it's easier to understand the made up words while reading them than it is to pick up on them when they're spoken by the actors. must be a visual vs. aural kind of thing.

random thought: I'm kind of determined to get my next level ticket and break 5000 posts. but I think it will be a few more RCMC threads before I can get there.

random thought: I'm kind of determined to get my next level ticket and break 5000 posts. but I think it will be a few more RCMC threads before I can get there.
    You'll get there faster than you think!

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I like it. Donald is the best!

I like SPAM (the meat product). I wish they have chosen some other name to sully with their online shenanigans.

i never thought of it this way. Maybe because I don't eat Spam. But I see what you mean.

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    well my kid is very sick. His temp went up to 103 and I'm trying to bring it down with advil and cool baths. He is eating and there is no vomiting so that is good. I'm gonna have a long night though.
    CLARA.....my though's and prayer's is with your little one

Jim
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

• Sock Puppet

You are wonderful, Sara! I love it. Sometimes I can be just like Donald. And the microphone represents my beloved radio industry. Right now I am apart from it, but I can't resist the allure. And it frustrates the hell out of me. You couldn't have known how perfect it is!

no problem!
    I need to go give blood. while it's of course fantastic that giving blood saves lives, I must admit that my main motivations for doing it are:

1. free movie tickets
    2. free t-shirt
    3. I can stuff my bag with the little cups of keurig coffee

and with that said, I'm all out of coffee and movie tickets. lol.

today is a homework day. lucky for me, my homework is mostly reading atm. today it is A Clockwork Orange. so, I think I will read that with a cup of tea even though it is rather gruesome and not really a relax-with-tea type novel. :P
    i want free movie tickets and keurig coffee!!!!! but i dont have enough blood to give. u gotta be a certain weight

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Why don't you take your boyfriend? What will you watch today, Xgames on ESPN?

Me too, if they aren't regulated, it can really ruin a site. Like Myspace or FB for example.

cause he is with his kids swampy. u can't take babies to a bar..nope watched laker game

im back. i sstopped by bevmo on my way home an found some yummy ginger ale (non alcoholic)
    Last edited by Poisonedapples; 01-27-2013 at 07:11 PM.

• Sock Puppet

103 temps are gangerous. dont' give aspirin to kids under 19 it can trigger Reye's Syndrome.but's 103 and if it was my kid i'd take him to the walk in ER like now just because fevers that high can be potentially dangerous..but that's just me, everyone is different.

• Under that tree again!

Diflucan is an antifungal, often used for yeast infections. Interesting choice in screen name.
    Advertising for a product that treat a common afliction. Money is made selling to the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    Me not too much. Just researching taking a trip to Hollywood/Santa Monica next month.
    Not a whole lot, just reading, watching a tiny bit of football, had some leftover soup for dinner.

Nope, only watched the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    hey all..

Good luck, I hope he feels better.

I would of said something but I kept loosing my reply. The microphone is fitting.

no, I haven't read it before, but I've seen the Kubrick film. so far I'm halfway through it and find that it's easier to understand the made up words while reading them than it is to pick up on them when they're spoken by the actors. must be a visual vs. aural kind of thing.

Does the book have a similiar plot or was the film adaption not close? Probably just a few days away from that C ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    cause he is with his kids swampy. u can't take babies to a bar..nope watched laker game
    TGIF is not a bar. He could of brought them for lunch, met you, you could of sat with them while they ate, and after he left go back and sit with your friends.

• world class bilge rat

Hello everyone.

Clara, you and Junior will be in my prayers.

Barry, the sig is excellent!! It fits you perfectly.

• Selfie Expert

Well, there is a bar area in TGIF, and I doubt kids would want to hang out with a bunch of drinking adults to watch sports.

Clockwork Orange movie is pretty close to the book if I remember right... though I always think the books are a bit more "dark" than movie adaptations seem to be. Perhaps because you can get into the characters head, and like Spy said with this particular story you catch more of the weird language in the book than in the movie.

• Selfie Expert

Clara - I hope the kiddo feels better soon!