Page 113 of 134 FirstFirst ... 136388103110111112113114115116123 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 2008
  1. #1681

    • Angel Fan MC Man
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beautiful Oxnard, CA
    Posts
    24,291
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: RCMC #126: Clean Cup! Clean Cup! Move Down!!!

    The Clockwork Orange movie made me sick to my stomach. And "Singin In the Rain" was never quite the same to me after that.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

  2. #1682

    • world class bilge rat
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Fernley, NV (Near Reno)
    Posts
    13,985

    Re: RCMC #126: Clean Cup! Clean Cup! Move Down!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Have I mentioned I flew? I only had a private pilot's license that I got when I was 18, and I haven't flown in years... It was fun to take my friends up, though!
    Kelly that's excellent!! Another pilot......cool!!

    What have you flown? How many hours do you have? Ever feel the urge to fly again?

    I have an ATP (Airline Transport Pilot), about 5500 hours, a DC& and a Merlin Metro type rating. I owned a Piper Comanche, then an Aerostar (the pressurized model).

    If you've seen Les Schwab tire stores, Les is a real person. He lived in Prineville Oregon, I lived in Bend. They're about 35 miles apart. Les had a Cessna 411 that I used to fly once in a while.

  3. #1683

    • Angel Fan MC Man
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beautiful Oxnard, CA
    Posts
    24,291
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: RCMC #126: Clean Cup! Clean Cup! Move Down!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Clara - I hope the kiddo feels better soon!
    I agree. And you probably should take him into the ER. My wife has told me to come in when I've had fevers like that, and I'm an adult (allegedly).
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

  4. #1684

    • Angel Fan MC Man
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beautiful Oxnard, CA
    Posts
    24,291
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: RCMC #126: Clean Cup! Clean Cup! Move Down!!!

    Watching the BBT episode where Penny took Sheldon to Disneyland.

    Sheldon rode Space Mountain after eating. And he got too close to Goofy. They stayed late to watch the World of Color water show at California Adventure.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

  5. #1685

    • What Time Taught Us
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    5,016

    Re: RCMC #126: Clean Cup! Clean Cup! Move Down!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Does the book have a similiar plot or was the film adaption not close? Probably just a few days away from that C ticket.
    I'm only halfway through, but for the most part yes it follows pretty closely.

    and idk I believe I have 60 or so posts in this thread so far and I feel like I've been posting A LOT, so I assume it'll take a couple more threads till I make the 330 posts I need. I mean I don't want to start spamming. :P

    Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Clockwork Orange movie is pretty close to the book if I remember right... though I always think the books are a bit more "dark" than movie adaptations seem to be. Perhaps because you can get into the characters head, and like Spy said with this particular story you catch more of the weird language in the book than in the movie.
    I actually prefer the movie to the book, so far. :P


    a spider just descended on its web right in front of my face. it is now dead. personal bubble, spider.

  6. #1686

    • Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    16,602

    Re: RCMC #126: Clean Cup! Clean Cup! Move Down!!!

    Thanks guys.

    He is actually doing alot better. Fever went down after Advil and a cool bath. Still no vomiting so I don't think its that awful stomach virus that is going around. He did eat some soup and grilled cheese sandwich, drank some water and chamomile tea (just a bit). I called his doctor and she said to take him into the ER if he's vomiting, the fever didn't go down or dehydrated. He isn't any of those so I he just needs to sleep now that the fever is down. His nose is stuffed so it keeps him up. But at least the fever is down.

  7. #1687

    •   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Castro Valley, CA
    Posts
    5,853

    Re: RCMC #126: Clean Cup! Clean Cup! Move Down!!!

    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr, purr, purr- Sheldon Cooper Big Bang Theory.

  8. #1688

    • Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    16,602

    Re: RCMC #126: Clean Cup! Clean Cup! Move Down!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    a spider just descended on its web right in front of my face. it is now dead. personal bubble, spider.


    Whew I should tell you about my Black Widow experience that is VERY similiar to what you just experienced...it was horrifying!

  9. #1689

    •   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Castro Valley, CA
    Posts
    5,853

    Re: RCMC #126: Clean Cup! Clean Cup! Move Down!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Thanks guys.

    He is actually doing alot better. Fever went down after Advil and a cool bath. Still no vomiting so I don't think its that awful stomach virus that is going around. He did eat some soup and grilled cheese sandwich, drank some water and chamomile tea (just a bit). I called his doctor and she said to take him into the ER if he's vomiting, the fever didn't go down or dehydrated. He isn't any of those so I he just needs to sleep now that the fever is down. His nose is stuffed so it keeps him up. But at least the fever is down.
    Glad he is doing better and I figured you would call your doctor if the fever got up to 104 or more. His body is just trying to get rid of whatever virus or bacteria it has since it can't survive in temps past 100.4 or higher.

  10. #1690

    • Selfie Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    7,090

    Re: RCMC #126: Clean Cup! Clean Cup! Move Down!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by micromind View Post
    Kelly that's excellent!! Another pilot......cool!!

    What have you flown? How many hours do you have? Ever feel the urge to fly again?

    I have an ATP (Airline Transport Pilot), about 5500 hours, a DC& and a Merlin Metro type rating. I owned a Piper Comanche, then an Aerostar (the pressurized model).

    If you've seen Les Schwab tire stores, Les is a real person. He lived in Prineville Oregon, I lived in Bend. They're about 35 miles apart. Les had a Cessna 411 that I used to fly once in a while.
    I flew a Piper Warrior, and that's the only type my flight school owned (they had 6 or 7 different planes, all the same model). I don't even remember how many hours I had... I started lessons when I was 15 and stopped flying when I was 18 or 19 because I stopped enjoying it. I do sometimes feel the urge to just go out and fly, I loved going out and just flying around with my friends in the uncontrolled airspace, but I despised having to fly through major airspace like Skyharbor international. I had a bad experience there and it pretty much killed my joy of flying.

    Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

  11. #1691

    •   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Castro Valley, CA
    Posts
    5,853

    Re: RCMC #126: Clean Cup! Clean Cup! Move Down!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post

    a spider just descended on its web right in front of my face. it is now dead. personal bubble, spider.
    I've had that happen, it wasn't fun and yes it must DIE when it does that.

  12. #1692

    • What Time Taught Us
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    5,016

    Re: RCMC #126: Clean Cup! Clean Cup! Move Down!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post


    Whew I should tell you about my Black Widow experience that is VERY similiar to what you just experienced...it was horrifying!
    I remember black widow/brown recluse posts from a few days ago or so but I skipped over them because the visual images perturbed me. If a black widow descended right in front of me, I would literally die. I would scream and scramble from my seat so quickly that I'd fall over and break my neck and just be dead. lol

    luckily, the spider from just now was quite small.

  13. #1693

    • Selfie Expert
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    7,090

    Re: RCMC #126: Clean Cup! Clean Cup! Move Down!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    a spider just descended on its web right in front of my face. it is now dead. personal bubble, spider.

    Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

  14. #1694

    • world class bilge rat
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Fernley, NV (Near Reno)
    Posts
    13,985

    Re: RCMC #126: Clean Cup! Clean Cup! Move Down!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post


    Whew I should tell you about my Black Widow experience that is VERY similiar to what you just experienced...it was horrifying!
    There are tons of black widows around here. I see them all the time when I'm in a crawlspace or an attic. They're pretty mellow though, they'll escape if they possibly can.

    The ones around here aren't much worse than a beesting if they bite.

  15. #1695

    • world class bilge rat
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Fernley, NV (Near Reno)
    Posts
    13,985

    Re: RCMC #126: Clean Cup! Clean Cup! Move Down!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I flew a Piper Warrior, and that's the only type my flight school owned (they had 6 or 7 different planes, all the same model). I don't even remember how many hours I had... I started lessons when I was 15 and stopped flying when I was 18 or 19 because I stopped enjoying it. I do sometimes feel the urge to just go out and fly, I loved going out and just flying around with my friends in the uncontrolled airspace, but I despised having to fly through major airspace like Skyharbor international. I had a bad experience there and it pretty much killed my joy of flying.
    I can understand that, it can get pretty hectic in control zones. Small planes don't do well at huge airports, even worse if it's cloudy.

    I liked flying at night and/or in the clouds best. Even a place like LA wasn't too busy, and most planes were flown by pros. Some planes don't do well with ice though. That can get....well.....

    Lol.

Similar Threads

  1. [Pictures] Mad T Party, Fabulous.... No Room Move Down
    By Disneyland 1951 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-25-2012, 10:40 PM
  2. nice cup of tea and a sit down
    By J9000 in forum Disneyland Paris
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-14-2006, 05:59 AM
  3. How To Clean Your Toilet! (tee hee)
    By TinkPink in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-10-2005, 02:07 PM
  4. Keeping you computer clean! (The Free Way!)
    By Monorail Man in forum The Tech Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-24-2005, 07:17 PM
  5. BigDaddyKyle - Please clean out your message box!
    By mamabot in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-14-2005, 08:53 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •