Page 123 of 134 FirstFirst ... 237398113120121122123124125126133 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2008

• Sock Puppet

Re: RCMC #126: Clean Cup! Clean Cup! Move Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    My cousin is one such parent. On our visit to DL last summer, our time, 8 am to midnight was centered around catering to her 7 yr old's every whim and demand. Even her reprimands "if you don't eat now, you won't get to eat later" were empty because later he'd want food and she would get it for him. That was one day I wanted to be anywhere but DL.
    the no eating thing.. yeah we have a rule in our family--if you don't eat all your dinner you don't get dessert, it's been like that since my brothers were babies. the rule hasn't changed.abut nephew threw a FIT! because he wanted a cookie but had not eaten all his dinner one time at our house.. sooooo my brother told my mom that no matter what, he get's dessert after dinner if he wants itand there is nothing we can do about it cuase nephew throws a fit and cries about it to my brother and sister in law.... my sister in law and my brother both are short hand cooks for their kids, if they don't want something they get made something else.. at my house this does not happen, u just don't eat.u go to bed with out dinner.and all this short hand cook stuff, catering to thier need if they don't like something has caused my neice and nephew to be VERY picky eaters..because i can make something put int under thier faces and get " we don't like it.." ..they don't like anything healthy anymore now they only like cookies and cakes and cupcakes and desserts.. it's sad but true

this taught me that you can't sometimes just give in to kids like that

• Triple Goddess

Wet feet suck.
    This one time I was at Target and there was a little girl, probably 3-ish screaming her head off for a toy. Her mom kept saying No and the little girl kept going. The mom gave in. The girl got her toy. And I just though, "congratulations you just taught your child the decibel level she needs to hit to get her way." Next time, she'll just scream louder.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by coopercaseycody View Post
    You and me both.

You know what's stupid? Walking to pick your son up from school in your slippers when the ground is wet. Derp
    I wore flip flops out into the 40 degree morning a few weeks back. Out of laziness I didn't even return home to change.

• Triple Goddess

Oh kids run like wild animals here too. I can't really use shopping carts at my local stores because of wayyyyy too many near accidents with kids running in my "blind spots" and me almost hitting them with a cart.
    My favorite are the parents that allow their kids to push the carts. Yeah, they really watch where they're going.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Wet feet suck.
    This one time I was at Target and there was a little girl, probably 3-ish screaming her head off for a toy. Her mom kept saying No and the little girl kept going. The mom gave in. The girl got her toy. And I just though, "congratulations you just taught your child the decibel level she needs to hit to get her way." Next time, she'll just scream louder.
    ah, this happened to me a few times when my kid was around 3. I've left many a full cart at the store because I would not give in and had to leave the premises because he was throwing a fit.

• Triple Goddess

I wore flip flops out into the 40 degree morning a few weeks back. Out of laziness I didn't even return home to change.
    Stupid is as stupid does.

My favorite are the parents that allow their kids to push the carts. Yeah, they really watch where they're going.

At ralphs, they have little carts for kids to "shop" with.

Name:  heading-to-check-out.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  208.1 KB

Its great interaction for them and makes them feel like they are helping and have something to do. It REALLY eliminates the tantrums and gets them distracted

• Sock Puppet

and do they go " tell that lady your sorry little timmy..." nope! they just go " u gotta watch the cart" not " u gotta watch the cart little timmy and tell that lady ur sorry for hitting her heal!"

in theory,
    i cross my fingers that N's kids are good eaters, seriously.... because if by some freak chance that in the far off future i become the Mrs. N. i don't wanna deal with picky eaters and stuff like that..i don't have the patience.but hence i said far off future.. like VERY far

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    At ralphs, they have little carts for kids to "shop" with.

Name:  heading-to-check-out.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  208.1 KB

Its great interaction for them and makes them feel like they are helping and have something to do. It REALLY eliminates the tantrums and gets them distracted

they still hit you with it!! and do the parents do anything??? nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    the no eating thing.. yeah we have a rule in our family--if you don't eat all your dinner you don't get dessert, it's been like that since my brothers were babies. the rule hasn't changed.abut nephew threw a FIT! because he wanted a cookie but had not eaten all his dinner one time at our house.. sooooo my brother told my mom that no matter what, he get's dessert after dinner if he wants itand there is nothing we can do about it cuase nephew throws a fit and cries about it to my brother and sister in law.... my sister in law and my brother both are short hand cooks for their kids, if they don't want something they get made something else.. at my house this does not happen, u just don't eat.u go to bed with out dinner.and all this short hand cook stuff, catering to thier need if they don't like something has caused my neice and nephew to be VERY picky eaters..because i can make something put int under thier faces and get " we don't like it.." ..they don't like anything healthy anymore now they only like cookies and cakes and cupcakes and desserts.. it's sad but true

this taught me that you can't sometimes just give in to kids like that
    Not only did my cousin's 7 yr old get to eat, he had 1.5 orders of pasta from Plaza Inn.

Wet feet suck.
    That's like every other Target visit for me

Picky eaters are no fun. It can get frustrating. But you go with the flo.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    they still hit you with it!! and do the parents do anything??? nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!
    Well that is unacceptable. I know that if my kid isn't paying attention I tell him "watch where you are walking!" and if he bumps into someone I have him apologize and I apologize myself.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Stupid is as stupid does.
    I learned it by watching you! j/k!

I guess I saw the sun was out, assumed it would be warm and just slipped into them. (Dug a deeper hole for myself didn't I? )

• Triple Goddess

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Picky eaters are no fun. It can get frustrating. But you go with the flo.
    When Cooper was 3, he would only eat hot dogs or top ramen. No kidding. The pediatrician assured me to go with the flo and he would get over it. He did. Now he is the best eater! No sweets, lots of veggies, water, and fruit.

So I have a random question..

Do I have to buy a program to get some type of water mark on photos I take. For instance:

See those kinda initials on the lower right corner. I put those there manually. But I don't want to have to do that with all of them.

Is there something I can do on Photoshop or do I have to buy software for it?

Just curious because I should be getting my camera very soon and will be starting a photo blog soon.