Page 124 of 134 FirstFirst ... 247499114121122123124125126127 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2008

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: RCMC #126: Clean Cup! Clean Cup! Move Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by coopercaseycody View Post
    When Cooper was 3, he would only eat hot dogs or top ramen. No kidding. The pediatrician assured me to go with the flo and he would get over it. He did. Now he is the best eater! No sweets, lots of veggies, water, and fruit.
    yup that is what happened with me to!

• Grim Grinning

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    yeah, I posted in there with some good suggestions that were even complimented by some but this parent really just wanted it their way.

In all honesty, he looked like HE was pitching the fit and not the kid. Im sure the kid had forgotten about the incident by now.
    That was my thinking too. I think he was looking for an angry mob to be so outraged that his kid didn't get picked and got upset when he didn't get that.
    You and me both.

You know what's stupid? Walking to pick your son up from school in your slippers when the ground is wet. Derp
    Well it's time to invest in slippers that have the traction on the bottom lol. That's all I have slipper wise since I have to walk outside and around the house to get to my room. I learned very quickly that you end up with wet, muddy feet if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    Oh kids run like wild animals here too. I can't really use shopping carts at my local stores because of wayyyyy too many near accidents with kids running in my "blind spots" and me almost hitting them with a cart.
    Happens here too. At least with WinCo, I can usually maneuver around the children because the aisles are wider than normal ones.

My favorite are the parents that allow their kids to push the carts. Yeah, they really watch where they're going.
    We've got ones that will take pictures of the kids pushing the carts and laugh when they careen into people.

ah, this happened to me a few times when my kid was around 3. I've left many a full cart at the store because I would not give in and had to leave the premises because he was throwing a fit.
    Yup, my mom carried me out of a KMart when I was 2 or so and she was very pregnant with my sister. I was throwing a tantrum and she scooped me up like a football and we left.

Well that is unacceptable. I know that if my kid isn't paying attention I tell him "watch where you are walking!" and if he bumps into someone I have him apologize and I apologize myself.
    Have I mentioned I love you??

• we jumped out a window

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    they still hit you with it!! and do the parents do anything??? nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!
    At least you haven't had parents take it out on you. "YOU need to watch out for my kid okay? Or I'm gonna mess you up!". Been there on the receiving end :/

• Sgt. Mgr. Melfunction (:

Peeking in randomly..

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    Have I mentioned I love you??

I just really don't want to be THAT parent...ya know? the one everyone points at because they have the most obnoxious and rude kid on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by MaleficentMel View Post
    Peeking in randomly..

GREETINGS!

• we jumped out a window

I think I took Mama Brand too literally whenever she would say "When you work and have your own money, you can buy all the toys you want but I'm not buying this for you".

•   
    • RCMC: Java Junkie

I see this so often with parents. Yes you want to give your child the world, but it actually does children a disservice to always get what they want. Child psychology 101. My oldest has asperger's and it is harder for him than most to understand that things don't always go the way you plan, but I still make every effort to try and teach him this. If you give a child everything they want, they grow up having a skewed outlook on life. Saying "no" to a child is actually a good thing and teaching them to handle a situation appropriately when things don't go their way will go a long way towards teaching them how to handle being a grown up.
    Amen sister! All too often parents indulge their children too much and then the child comes to expect it. Whether it be from the parents or whoever is around them. That I can say from personal experience. One of my close friends indulges her kids too much. They'll ask for something whether at the store of to go to a movie, out to eat or whatever. She thinks she's tempering it by saying "we'll just have to see". One day I came over to visit and her kids said hello to me and then asked what did you bring me? I was like, what??? I told them nothing and isn't me visiting you enough? Her kids need nothing, they have a house FULL of toys, books, electronics.

Anyway, I'm back. I went to go do a project that I had been putting off since Friday. And no that my back is burning and bothering me, I see why..... I bought shoe box type holder. Putting it together was easy and fun. Anchoring it to the wall was easy and relatively simple. It was the crouching down and twisting a bit that my back didn't like. Good thing I have a chiropractors appointment this afternoon

• Sock Puppet

Picky eaters are no fun. It can get frustrating. But you go with the flo.
    i don't.. if they don't like what i put in front of them then tuff luck they don't get anything else and i am not a short order cook.

about the watermarks, picasa does them, Photoshop you have something called digimarc but it's a whole seperate software and stuff..

anyhow easiest way is either Picasa, if you don't have picasa, then there is free programs online like this one
    Free Watermark Tool - Generate watermarks for your images quickly and easily.

with picasa you can also edit photos, do awesome filters and effects, crop, rotate,straighten,colorize the photos and you can do 2 at once. u just have to download it and it's on your computer forever. it's a great program when you don't have photoshop

Picasa

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    At least you haven't had parents take it out on you. "YOU need to watch out for my kid okay? Or I'm gonna mess you up!". Been there on the receiving end :/
    no i just shoot back " listen you overbearing freak...."

it can get ugly..LOL

• we jumped out a window

Hi Mel! It's been years. I'm a T2D or maybe T1D now if you haven't heard.

• we jumped out a window

no i just shoot back " listen you overbearing freak...."

it can get ugly..LOL
    Well my incident was at Walmart and I didn't want to stick around longer than I needed to

about the watermarks, picasa does them, Photoshop you have something called digimarc but it's a whole seperate software and stuff..

anyhow easiest way is either Picasa, if you don't have picasa, then there is free programs online like this one
    Free Watermark Tool - Generate watermarks for your images quickly and easily.

with picasa you can also edit photos, do awesome filters and effects, crop, rotate,straighten,colorize the photos and you can do 2 at once. u just have to download it and it's on your computer forever. it's a great program when you don't have photoshop

Picasa
    Thanks! I will look into Picasa

OH wow..I"m starting to feel REALLY sick. Tired, achy...looks like I'm staying home tomorrow.

• Grim Grinning

I just really don't want to be THAT parent...ya know? the one everyone points at because they have the most obnoxious and rude kid on the planet.
    Oh I know. My mom put the fear of God in us when we were little. I got the wooden spoon quite a bit for a while. It got to the point that if I started mouthing off and she turned around, by butt was already up the stairs and in my room because I knew I was in deep doodie. I turned out just fine lol.