Page 28 of 134 FirstFirst ... 18252627282930313878128 ... LastLast

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: RCMC #126: Clean Cup! Clean Cup! Move Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Wooo!!! Hockey tonight!!! I'm supposed to start my overnight shift at 8pm, but there's another pharmacist there until 10pm so they can stand being on their own a couple hours while I go to the game.
    Who plays tonight? I might try to catch it. You actually go to the games? that is very cool!

• Under that tree again!

I'm supposed to start my overnight shift at 8pm,
    So last night you went to bed early, hoping to get breakfast. Tonight you work a graveyard? How do you do that?

I'm really excited to possibly see Barbara Ann on Saturday. She convinced me to do early entry to DCA...oh boy!

• New Mommy

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Thank you for pointing that out...are there any other flaws you would like to point out. We can just make this let's point out all my flaws day especially since I'm having a pretty crappy one.
    They pointed out that you knew it wasn't lunch, since you said "what that heck do I know".

They were not pointing out a flaw.

You've seemed a little on edge lately, Clara. I don't think anyone on here is trying to be mean or rude to you.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!

KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

They pointed out that you knew it wasn't lunch, since you said "what that heck do I know".

They were not pointing out a flaw.

You've seemed a little on edge lately, Clara. I don't think anyone on here is trying to be mean or rude to you.
    Ok let's drop it...because yes, I am having some serious life issues with my kid, my health just about everything so as much as I would love to say its all roses and sunshine..it isn't and sometimes it spills over.

• New Mommy

Who plays tonight? I might try to catch it. You actually go to the games? that is very cool!
    We are season ticket holders for the Phoenix Coyotes. We live a mile or two from the stadium. Tonight we're playing the Blue Jackets, so not an especially exciting game, but I love seeing my Yotes no matter who they're playing! I missed the home opener this weekend against the Blackhawks since I was sick... but I'm okay with missing that one.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    So last night you went to bed early, hoping to get breakfast. Tonight you work a graveyard? How do you do that?
    We ended up sleeping through breakfast. My plan was to get up early, go to breakfast, then stay up for a little then take a 3-4 hour nap then go to work. The first shift is always the roughest due to the switch, but by the time I'm off work tomorrow morning I'll be able to sleep and flip right into the overnight sleep schedule!

We are season ticket holders for the Phoenix Coyotes. We live a mile or two from the stadium. Tonight we're playing the Blue Jackets, so not an especially exciting game, but I love seeing my Yotes no matter who they're playing! I missed the home opener this weekend against the Blackhawks since I was sick... but I'm okay with missing that one.
    See now that is very cool. I'm sure my kid would love that. As it is, he's starting to get his skating down and his instructors are saying he could probably go to the hockey classes soon enough.

We ended up sleeping through breakfast. My plan was to get up early, go to breakfast, then stay up for a little then take a 3-4 hour nap then go to work. The first shift is always the roughest due to the switch, but by the time I'm off work tomorrow morning I'll be able to sleep and flip right into the overnight sleep schedule!
    I used to work a night shift at the L.A.P.D. It was 2pm to 11pm. I actually liked it because it paid a bit more than regular hours and I got to sleep in a bit in the morning. I've never done graveyard though.

• New Mommy

Ok let's drop it...because yes, I am having some serious life issues with my kid, my health just about everything so as much as I would love to say its all roses and sunshine..it isn't and sometimes it spills over.
    I can't just leave it at that. I haven't been here long, but it seems like people here would love to talk if that's what you need, or maybe just keep this a happy place for you and everyone. I don't think being snappy is going to help anyone.

I'm sorry you're going through a rough patch, we all have them, and I hope things start looking up soon!

Ok I can drop it now. I can't just let you say you have things like that going on and not say anything! I'm not completely heartless.

• New Mommy

See now that is very cool. I'm sure my kid would love that. As it is, he's starting to get his skating down and his instructors are saying he could probably go to the hockey classes soon enough.

I used to work a night shift at the L.A.P.D. It was 2pm to 11pm. I actually liked it because it paid a bit more than regular hours and I got to sleep in a bit in the morning. I've never done graveyard though.
    If I ever have a boy, I really hope he takes an interest in hockey. There is nothing cuter than seeing the peewee hockey league! They have them play at our halftimes at the Yotes games a lot. I love it!

Second shift (like what you worked at LAPD) is nice! I wouldn't see my husband at all if I worked it, though. I'm sure it was probably the most exciting time for the PD, too!

If I ever have a boy, I really hope he takes an interest in hockey. There is nothing cuter than seeing the peewee hockey league! They have them play at our halftimes at the Yotes games a lot. I love it!
    There are some little guys that are zooming around the ice at his skating lessons. They are so cute! One is 5 and his mother told me he started skating at 3 years old! Wow! That is young but kinda good to get them started.

Second shift (like what you worked at LAPD) is nice! I wouldn't see my husband at all if I worked it, though. I'm sure it was probably the most exciting time for the PD, too!
    That was it, 2nd shift. The P.D. called it PM Watch. And yes, working as a clerk for P.D. was super cool. Got to see alot of things. I was there when Snoop Dogg got booked for drugs and saw a man bleed out in front of me. My clerk office was feet from the holding cells so I would have the random bad guy cussing me out as I worked. It was a hoot!

• New Mommy

The few times I've been ice skating I was surrounded by 6 year old girls and boys skating backwards, doing jumps, spins... It blew my mind! Kids can do the most amazing things.

Why did you stop being a clerk for them? That sounds like an awesome job!

• Under that tree again!

day especially since I'm having a pretty crappy one.
    There is still a lot of day left to turn it around.

I'm really excited to possibly see Barbara Ann on Saturday. She convinced me to do early entry to DCA...oh boy!
    I'm sure it will be lots of fun!

I used to work a night shift at the L.A.P.D. It was 2pm to 11pm.
    Did that end when your son was born? I imagine it would be tough to only send you kid to school and not have evenings with them.

Why did you stop being a clerk for them? That sounds like an awesome job!
    Did that end when your son was born? I imagine it would be tough to only send you kid to school and not have evenings with them.

Well a number of things happened. I was a clerk at Wilshire Station in L.A. back in 2003. THen I went to Parker Center in Downtown L.A to be in Timekeeping for Communications/911 from 2003-2005. That was a simple desk job, no bad guys

But I moved out to the Inland Empire after my divorce in 2004, 60 miles from downtown so I had to quit L.A. I did make the commute everyday to be there at 2pm and my sister watched my son who was a baby but yeah, that commute had to stop.

It was the best position I ever had though.

• Under that tree again!

The few times I've been ice skating I was surrounded by 6 year old girls and boys skating backwards, doing jumps, spins... It blew my mind! Kids can do the most amazing things.
    There are some little guys that are zooming around the ice at his skating lessons. They are so cute! One is 5 and his mother told me he started skating at 3 years old! Wow! That is young but kinda good to get them started.
    Sounds like an episode of "The office", where everyone goes skating and Michael is wearing hockey gear, and doing tricks.

Sounds like an episode of "The office", where everyone goes skating and Michael is wearing hockey gear, and doing tricks.
    I don't watch the Office but this gives a funny mental picture!

Yes, last night there were a few little guys zooming around in helmets and hockey gear. And a few older ones to. They skate differently than the other skaters. They have to go really fast, turn, the stop on a dime!