Page 71 of 134 FirstFirst ... 214661686970717273748196121 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 2008

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: RCMC #126: Clean Cup! Clean Cup! Move Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1Disneylandfan View Post
    Pengy is a tech monitor not a nurse, but I'm sure she is CPR trained.
    Yup monitor tech... one of my many jobs is to watch the cardiac monitors that the patients are on.... in between doing thousands of other stuff. The super busy days I'm lucky if I get time to glance over and make sure everyone at least has a heart rate....

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    That's not what I meant. I don't have the personality nor the stamina to be a nurse. But I thought she was a tech not really a nurse. Regardless, I admire what Pengy does and that she does it. Just like how I know I could never be a cop because some of the stuff they see is pretty horrible. And it would be hard for me to not bring that stuff home.

That is what I meant Pengy.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    What kind of school is this where you watch movies and eat popcorn? Is it to train AMC Theater employees?
    High school special ed, severely disabled... Friday is our Friday fun day, after a week of working.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I'm up. I didn't sleep very long. I kept having weird dreams about the airport. There's no snow on the ground, and I don't think we should get much more than flurries. I was really hoping that I wouldn't have to schlep my stuff on the bus/train, but you gotta do what you gotta do to get to Disneyland. My husband leaves at 3 in the morning, and I woke up right before. I said goodbye to him, and then I didn't really sleep after that although I didn't crawl out of bed for another hour.

See you at Disneyland/and/or/MiceChat.
    Mousespeed on your journey Barbara!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Selfie Expert

Pengy - It sounds like you work at MY hospital! We have monitor techs, and we have HUCs that do the clerical work, but it seems like we are often short on one or the other so they do both jobs, and I know we've had RNs working as monitor techs also. Crazy.

Barry - thank you and it's so good to see you posting again!

Barbaraann - Can't wait to hear about your trip!!!

Everyone else - I just got into bed, so I'll catch you all later this evening. Have a great day!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• we jumped out a window

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Nooo don't avoid leafy greens with Coumadin! Be consistent wit vitamin K intake, don't avoid it! Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

But yes, I hate leafy greens. Not as much as I hate carrots, though. Yuck.

I haven't been to Vegas in a couple years. We used to go once a year or so, but sicne this year we have the DL AP, any time off is spent there. I'm not all that into Vegas since I dont' gamble or go to clubs, anyway.
    That means my department has been propagating misinformation for years?

• we jumped out a window

Amanda! Did you think I wouldn't see this?

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    This mega post brought to you by boredom!!

It is a really great place for people watching, especially if you're waiting for an international flight. That's when the watching gets really good.

I love Triscuits, not at all sure why, but I do. And now I wanna go get some lol.

Yes it is! This is something my dad has yet to grasp. He's always calling or texting me saying he only used x amount of butter because that's what he had, or he did something else and asks why they did something funny. Or he'll ask what he can substitute, then no matter what I say, he finds something else to use. I love him, but I just have to laugh sometimes.

Or bacon!

Yeah...... I'm sorry! I just got home from work and did a happy dance because I'm a die hard Sharks fan. I am really sad I missed the game. But I'm sorry my happiness comes at the cost of your team losing. If you were anybody else, like say, Brandon, I'd be rubbing it in like there's no tomorrow.

And with that, I suppose I can wander around since it's just me talkin to myself here. Or maybe I'll just sit here and talk to myself & up my post count hahaha. Or perhaps I can glue all the furniture to the ceiling, change the thermostat and hide the remote..... hmm... choices, choices.
    "If you were anybody else like Brandon, I'd be rubbing it in"????

What's that supposed to mean???

Don't tell me, I know. It means you have known Brandon long enough that you can rub it in and not worry because you know he's a great person like that!. Awwwwww.
    Last edited by brand42; 01-25-2013 at 08:25 AM.

• Never give in.

♥ "Don't care about all the pain in front of me
    'Cause I'm just trying to be happy." ♥

• we jumped out a window

Continuing with our ongoing food theme, I'm having Quaker Oatmeal squares cereal but that Chicken McNuggets ad at the top looks so much better.

• we jumped out a window

And now the ad is for Zatarain's Red Beans and Rice which is even better than Chicken McNuggets.

I think the last time I had red beans and rice was either at DL on Leap Day or else the RCMC dinner 2 years ago.

• we jumped out a window

And just like that, the ad has rotated back to McNuggets.

There is a very cruel conspiracy going on I tell you!

A dollar for 6 pieces is a great deal plus you can get a water or soda for $1. That's a $2 lunch right there.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    High school special ed, severely disabled... Friday is our Friday fun day, after a week of working.
    I did not know this about Pengy. For some reason I thought you were GOING to school! Good for you!

See you tomorrow Barbara! My kid is super excited to be at DCA before everyone else. I'm just making time to pick up a Starbucks Venti Triple Shot!

Name:  Starbucks-starbucks-coffee-coffeehouse-smiley-emoticon-001069-facebook.gif
Views: 38
Size:  6.9 KB

• Never give in.

It's snowing, it's snoooooowing.
    ♥ "Don't care about all the pain in front of me
    'Cause I'm just trying to be happy." ♥

• we jumped out a window

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    That means my department has been propagating misinformation for years?
    Kelly, I did some research (read handouts we have here at the hospital) and maybe it's one of those things that are debatable but some believe that large intake of vitamin K can reduce coumadin's effectiveness. Our facility often errs on the side of caution and so "reduce", "limit" turn into "avoid". Our patients often receive food from outside sources, like family, and so to minimize the risk of excess vitamin K, the meals that are provided to them from the hospital get adjusted accordingly.

• we jumped out a window

Alright, no food ads currently!

As C3PO would say, "thank the maker!"

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post

See you tomorrow Barbara! My kid is super excited to be at DCA before everyone else. I'm just making time to pick up a Starbucks Venti Triple Shot!

Name:  Starbucks-starbucks-coffee-coffeehouse-smiley-emoticon-001069-facebook.gif
Views: 38
Size:  6.9 KB
    i am jealous. I guess I had best get over it or the next ten days or so are going to be really hard.

The concept of "dirty rice" makes me think twice before wanting it ...:>)
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    i am jealous. I guess I had best get over it or the next ten days or so are going to be really hard.
    You should get someone's number and call us at our RCMC dinner! That would be great!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by PiG_GuRl View Post
    hiieeee!!!

Continuing with our ongoing food theme, I'm having Quaker Oatmeal squares cereal but that Chicken McNuggets ad at the top looks so much better.
    And now the ad is for Zatarain's Red Beans and Rice which is even better than Chicken McNuggets.

I think the last time I had red beans and rice was either at DL on Leap Day or else the RCMC dinner 2 years ago.
    k.brandon. talking about food makes me hungry and i want mac and cheese bites or jack in the box burger, and i am back to the no carbs all veggies and no meat ..

Quote Originally Posted by PiG_GuRl View Post
    It's snowing, it's snoooooowing.
    YAYAYA!!!! awesome!!!

...i woke up with a headache, but i took care of that. driving to work i was listening to dean martin in the car "ain't that a kick in the head"..you know the song " How lucky can one guy be;I kissed her and she kissed me Like the fella once said, Ain't that a kick in the head?"...then i open my email this morning to find a nice email from nathan wishing me a good day and not to abuse the cough medicine LOL and then again i started to feel like this-->

so now i am in a good mood, and the headache is gone. and i didn't even mind getting my bosses coffee made this morning, then a second time cause she didn't like how it was sooo light the first time, so i made to remake coffee for her and make it stronger and do the sugar and creamer for her and bring it to her in he office..LOL someone is fired from making coffee in my office tho, they keep making it like coffee water, water with coffe coloring, it's horrible!
    Last edited by Poisonedapples; 01-25-2013 at 09:29 AM.