Page 72 of 134 FirstFirst ... 224762697071727374758297122 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 2008

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: RCMC #126: Clean Cup! Clean Cup! Move Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    Kelly, I did some research (read handouts we have here at the hospital) and maybe it's one of those things that are debatable but some believe that large intake of vitamin K can reduce coumadin's effectiveness. Our facility often errs on the side of caution and so "reduce", "limit" turn into "avoid". Our patients often receive food from outside sources, like family, and so to minimize the risk of excess vitamin K, the meals that are provided to them from the hospital get adjusted accordingly.
    When I go to the coumadin clinic, they take a blood sample and test it for what I believe is called the "INR" level. If it is between 2 and 3, they are happy and my coumadin dose remains the same. If it is out of range I am at risk for either clotting or stroke. If it is out of that realm significantly they will ask if I have had a radical change of diet. They don't say I should never eat those things but they do say I need to be consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    You should get someone's number and call us at our RCMC dinner! That would be great!
    I could try that, but it is so much easier to talk to people when I am actually there. I wish I had the money to at least make it down for that.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post

YAYAYA!!!! awesome!!!
    Damned straight you are!!!

Good morning Sara!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• we jumped out a window

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    i am jealous. I guess I had best get over it or the next ten days or so are going to be really hard.

The concept of "dirty rice" makes me think twice before wanting it ...:>)
    But it's really good! And at least it's not frog legs.

and with those last two words, now no one is hungry. Mwahahahaha!
    Last edited by brand42; 01-25-2013 at 09:41 AM.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

I could try that, but it is so much easier to talk to people when I am actually there. I wish I had the money to at least make it down for that.
    Well I wished you would try that. It would be a real treat for us!

Oh and is that a picture of you in your avatar? I've been meaning to ask you.

• Sock Puppet

Damned straight you are!!!

Good morning Sara!
    what? noo i was saying awesome for ashely cause she got snow!!!! that's cool!!

nah i am in a good mood, despite having a sinus headache that just won't quit..and feeling it under my eyes and in my cheekbones..I got a awesome email from nathan this morning, i listened to dean martin in the car on the way in, i got my bad habit--monster ( the tea with orangeade one tho) and my friend Zabria is a inspiration, she's doing this amazing diet. so i am going to try it, my fast food eating binge is now over LOL ,,,i may feel horrible and may or may not have a feaver lol but i won't let it stop me from having a good day, ain't nothin gonna bring me down today!!!

so let's all sing!!

♫♫How lucky can one guy be;I kissed her and she kissed me
    Like the fella once said,
    Ain't that a kick in the head?
    The room was completely black
    I hugged her and she hugged back.
    Like the sailor said, quote,
    "Ain't that a hole in the boat?"
    My head keeps spinning;
    I go to sleep and keep grinning;
    If this is just the beginning,
    My life's gonna be beautiful.
    I've sun- shine enough to spread;
    It's like the fella said,
    "Tell me quick
    Ain't love like a kick in the head?"

Like the fella once said,
    Ain't that a kick in the head?

Like the sailor said, quote,
    "Ain't that a hole in the boat?"
    My head keeps spinning;
    I go to sleep and keep grinning;
    If this is just the beginning,
    My life's gonna be beautiful.
    She's telling me we'll be wed;
    She's picked out a king size bed.
    I couldn't feel any better or I'd be sick;
    Tell me quick, oh ain't love a kick?
    Tell me quick, ain't love a kick in the head? ♫♪

• Sock Puppet

..adn to top it off, i am going to make somethng AH-MAZING! tonight for dinner, that invloves no meat or carbs, or very little .. maybe my spinach with egg and veggies with a holondaise sauce.... hmmmmm,,,

• we jumped out a window

hiieeee!!!

k.brandon. talking about food makes me hungry and i want mac and cheese bites or jack in the box burger, and i am back to the no carbs all veggies and no meat ..

YAYAYA!!!! awesome!!!

...i woke up with a headache, but i took care of that. driving to work i was listening to dean martin in the car "ain't that a kick in the head"..you know the song " How lucky can one guy be;I kissed her and she kissed me Like the fella once said, Ain't that a kick in the head?"...then i open my email this morning to find a nice email from nathan wishing me a good day and not to abuse the cough medicine LOL and then again i started to feel like this-->

so now i am in a good mood, and the headache is gone. and i didn't even mind getting my bosses coffee made this morning, then a second time cause she didn't like how it was sooo light the first time, so i made to remake coffee for her and make it stronger and do the sugar and creamer for her and bring it to her in he office..LOL someone is fired from making coffee in my office tho, they keep making it like coffee water, water with coffe coloring, it's horrible!
    Hey Sara,

so about no carbs, no meat, all vegetables, you're still getting proteins from somewhere right?

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    Hey Sara,

so about no carbs, no meat, all vegetables, you're still getting proteins from somewhere right?
    yes. Cheese. and instead of rice cause rice is high in carbs, the sugar from rice turns into fat, that is why rice is horrible for you really... i do Quinoa instead. that stuff is the bomb and tastes great with fish and veggies!!!

• we jumped out a window

Alright, Kelly will probably see this later.

She is correct! I reviewed our Nutrition+pharmacy dept's guidelines and it cautions against unusual increases or decreases in vitamin k rich foods. So yes, the key is to be consistent.

However, it seems most of our patients aren't loading up on asparagus and the like and so we keep servings of such at a minimum baseline.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Wow MC is having some serious problems. I keep getting "website offline" ...

• we jumped out a window

yes. Cheese. and instead of rice cause rice is high in carbs, the sugar from rice turns into fat, that is why rice is horrible for you really... i do Quinoa instead. that stuff is the bomb and tastes great with fish and veggies!!!

Believe me, I know all about the dangers of rice. My cultural group insists on having it every meal though.

• Sock Puppet

yeah Mc is having issues, my sig disappears, it's the graphics but its nothing i did, so don't delete your signatures or mess with them!!! because they will come back, its' just that MC is probably updating hence all the slowness and the off line pages we keep getting...my signature goes away then comes back....its all good tho i just saw mine now and it's there!

so it's just MC it's not your computer, or your internet, but MC..its just they must be doing updating and what not, this all started happening with they installed the new ticket book status..
    Last edited by Poisonedapples; 01-25-2013 at 11:13 AM.

• we jumped out a window

If only pounds could be donated like blood, I'd gladly accept up to 30 from anyone

• we jumped out a window

Hey Sara, I forgot to ask yesterday but what sort of outfits would go well with those colors on the nail gradient?

Lol! I don't really expect an answer and I'm just making convo/being funny

But I do have to say it's sooooo sooooo completely overwhelming to shop/pick out gifts for women!!! In the past they've told me it's really cute what I picked out but who knows? Haha!

• we jumped out a window

Okay, the way to get back onto MC is to not refresh your page but to enter the site through your bookmarks (assuming all of us have the site bookmarked). You should see MC loading up and then you are free to join in our riveting discussions about food.