Page 23 of 139 FirstFirst ... 13202122232425263373123 ... LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Re: RCMC #127: One lumps or two?

Or the much more likely and realistic explanation is that I am just too well liked and everyone wants me at their party. But I can't be everywhere at once and then I'll miss parts of the game if I roam from party to party.
    just pick 1 party-and go with it brandon. mingle and have fun! that's what it's about!

sorry i just love that dancing banana

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Name:  PillowPetsSquare_Penguin2.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  66.9 KB

A Penguin Pillow Pet for the arrival of Pengy into Disneyland!

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    i love the champagne that is in the photo it's sooo good!
    I'm not seeing the champagne, just fireworks...you are all fireworks, go and show 'em what you're worth! Lol!

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    just pick 1 party-and go with it brandon. mingle and have fun! that's what it's about!

sorry i just love that dancing banana
    I hear you but I'll have to count carbs. And of all the events to have to count them at!

I didn't realize that I missed Kristen this much that I have to hold back tears but it's really good to have her back.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

It's pretty quiet in here. I'm gonna keep posting pictures of pillow pets then...

• What Time Taught Us

Quote Originally Posted by coopercaseycody View Post
    This is to all the younger ones (Ashley, Amanda, Mel, and Kevin come to mind) or anyone with sage advice : I hope they read back, because I'd really like their thoughts on this:

Cooper is a sophomore. He is completely stressed out! Worse than I have ever seen him. He says that his teachers have all told him that he needs to pick his classes for his junior year and that his decisions will determine whether he will make it life or not. What?! I do not remember high school being so stressful. What 15 year old has their life mapped out and knows what direction they will take? As it is, he is taking ALL academic classes and carrying a heavy work-load. I hate to see him so stressed. What can I tell him? Isn't having straight A's and high SAT's enough? Does he have to decide now what his major will be in college and take those kind of classes in his junior year?

Maybe it's just me, but at 15, I had no idea what I wanted to be. I had some ideas, but was definitely not ready to commit to anything. Anyone have any insights? How can I make it less stressful for him to pick his junior schedule? I would appreciate anyone's thoughts on this.
    that's strange. I didn't really have choices for classes I could take in high school, so I'm not quite sure what they mean either. I mean pretty much everyone took the same array of classes (Geometry - Alegebra 2 - Trig/PreCalc - Calc) (Bio - Chem - Anatomy - Physics). the only thing I can think of is that they want him to decide which AP classes he wants to take, or how far advanced he wants to get in math (Calculus AB & BC instead of just regular Calculus). These things are beneficial to think about, since AP classes provide college credit so you can skip GEs, boost your GPA above 4.0, and look a bit more impressive on an application. however, they certainly don't determine whether you make it in life, nor are they really that important for your major, unless I guess you want to be an engineer which is time & unit sensitive and it'd be beneficial to be ahead in math? I don't know. Personally, I only took AP English and I turned out fine. lol.

I'd worry about majors and such when he actually gets to college. everyone I know has changed their major at least once, usually after investing a year into persuing it, but it all works out anyway. he probably knows generally what he's interested in -- math, history, english, sciences, etc. -- so as long as he focuses on further devoloping the arenas that interest him, he should be fine.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    I'm not seeing the champagne, just fireworks...you are all fireworks, go and show 'em what you're worth! Lol!
    the bottle has a yellow label brandon. how can u not see it????
    here then something better and only for you.. bahama mama cocktails!!!

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    I hear you but I'll have to count carbs. And of all the events to have to count them at!

I didn't realize that I missed Kristen this much that I have to hold back tears but it's really good to have her back.

why do u have to count carbs?????????? just eat! this is a holiday, you can cheat on ur diet this once

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    that's strange. I didn't really have choices for classes I could take in high school, so I'm not quite sure what they mean either. I mean pretty much everyone took the same array of classes (Geometry - Alegebra 2 - Trig/PreCalc - Calc) (Bio - Chem - Anatomy - Physics). the only thing I can think of is that they want him to decide which AP classes he wants to take, or how far advanced he wants to get in math (Calculus AB & BC instead of just regular Calculus). These things are beneficial to think about, since AP classes provide college credit so you can skip GEs, boost your GPA above 4.0, and look a bit more impressive on an application. however, they certainly don't determine whether you make it in life, nor are they really that important for your major, unless I guess you want to be an engineer which is time & unit sensitive and it'd be beneficial to be ahead in math? I don't know. Personally, I only took AP English and I turned out fine. lol.

I'd worry about majors and such when he actually gets to college. everyone I know has changed their major at least once, usually after investing a year into persuing it, but it all works out anyway. he probably knows generally what he's interested in -- math, history, english, sciences, etc. -- so as long as he focuses on further devoloping the arenas that interest him, he should be fine.

like i told ash, i changed my major 3 times when i was in college..i ended up doing 1 major and 1 minor cause i just couldn't decide what i wanted to do.. i wanted to do it all though lol lol if he knows what job or "career" field he wants to be in maybe some of the classes should be geared toward that?

• Sock Puppet

HI plagued i am Sara aka Poisonedapples.....

Hi CCC!

• Sock Puppet

u know Fantasmico! is a fun person, that member sure is funny and i love reading his or her's posts.

• hi!

It goes well. How's you?

hows everyone??
    -plagued

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Hello all. Feeling a bit melancholy with the approach of the Anniversary Weekend.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by plagued View Post
    It goes well. How's you?

hows everyone??
    I think we are all good...

Brandon is trying to find a carb-concious super bowl party, I am chugging along counting the hours till it's time to break free of this prison called a office!mdI think we are all good...

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Hello all. Feeling a bit melancholy with the approach of the Anniversary Weekend.

hey don't feel down! be a happy!
    Last edited by Poisonedapples; 01-31-2013 at 12:00 PM.

• mountains beyond mtns.

Quote Originally Posted by coopercaseycody View Post
    This is to all the younger ones (Ashley, Amanda, Mel, and Kevin come to mind) or anyone with sage advice : I hope they read back, because I'd really like their thoughts on this:

Cooper is a sophomore. He is completely stressed out! Worse than I have ever seen him. He says that his teachers have all told him that he needs to pick his classes for his junior year and that his decisions will determine whether he will make it life or not. What?! I do not remember high school being so stressful. What 15 year old has their life mapped out and knows what direction they will take? As it is, he is taking ALL academic classes and carrying a heavy work-load. I hate to see him so stressed. What can I tell him? Isn't having straight A's and high SAT's enough? Does he have to decide now what his major will be in college and take those kind of classes in his junior year?

Maybe it's just me, but at 15, I had no idea what I wanted to be. I had some ideas, but was definitely not ready to commit to anything. Anyone have any insights? How can I make it less stressful for him to pick his junior schedule? I would appreciate anyone's thoughts on this.
    My friend is a high school teacher and is very active in helping his students get into colleges so I can ask him for his thoughts but most likely, it'll be more of the same.

The landscape has changed so much and both Cal States and UC's get new records for applicants each year. That means much, much more competition. If I were that age now, more than likely I'd have to go the community college route and then play the transfer game.

C#1 probably does not need to have everything mapped out now but in order for him to have his choice of the best options, he probably needs that heavy academic load. So that's not so much committing to a specific path as it is committing to having his choice of the best available paths? Am I making sense? (Haha, like I ever make sense).
    I can ask my friend for insights if you like. Oh, he has Star Wars toys in his classroom! Best. Classroom. Ever!