Page 29 of 139 FirstFirst ... 41926272829303132395479129 ... LastLast

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: RCMC #127: One lumps or two?

well hey! all this pillow pet talk has been fun! Time to head on out. Until later!

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Some of the different types of Chia's are hilarious:

And that is only a few! Some are hilarious!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    The link flickr gives me does not end in .jpg or whatever so when I paste it in, it comes up "invalid file"
    so go to share then get code for forums grab that code and then paste

• Sock Puppet

read my next post....
    Last edited by Poisonedapples; 01-31-2013 at 05:13 PM.

• Sock Puppet

oh wait.. go to share then grab the HTML/bbc code, the full code!!!! MAKE SURE YOU HIT BBC CODE! not HTML

then paste right into message or posts.. and it posts like this

see i did it with this image

Blue Champagne by Drunken Monkey, on Flickr

actually that is a very pretty glass and champagne

• Sock Puppet

see...

Name:  Blue Champagne - Flickr - Photo Sharing!.png
Views: 46
Size:  115.8 KB

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by coopercaseycody View Post
    This is to all the younger ones (Ashley, Amanda, Mel, and Kevin come to mind) or anyone with sage advice : I hope they read back, because I'd really like their thoughts on this:

Cooper is a sophomore. He is completely stressed out! Worse than I have ever seen him. He says that his teachers have all told him that he needs to pick his classes for his junior year and that his decisions will determine whether he will make it life or not. What?! I do not remember high school being so stressful. What 15 year old has their life mapped out and knows what direction they will take? As it is, he is taking ALL academic classes and carrying a heavy work-load. I hate to see him so stressed. What can I tell him? Isn't having straight A's and high SAT's enough? Does he have to decide now what his major will be in college and take those kind of classes in his junior year?

Maybe it's just me, but at 15, I had no idea what I wanted to be. I had some ideas, but was definitely not ready to commit to anything. Anyone have any insights? How can I make it less stressful for him to pick his junior schedule? I would appreciate anyone's thoughts on this.
    I was earning college credit my junior year, so in that sense it was important. However those credits are for 100 level classes which apply to any major, so he doesn't need to decide his whole plan at all.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

Hey all!

He has to choose 4 electives. He wants physics, algebra2, French 2, and then he is stuck. He was told that he needed to pick certain classes to go along with what his college major will be, or most colleges wouldn't pick him. I don't know what to think. I don't remember having to choose so many electives. Plus, we were never pushed to select a major at any time in high school.
    False. I work at a college, and go there 3/4 time. Nothing I did in high school counts for anything (including AP classes, which you can get credit for, but do not count toward graduation requirements) except for the classes I took at JC when I was in high school. I go to a top 50 liberal arts school, so...tell him to relax a bit. There is nothing you take in high school that they don't make you take again in college (except for the French class, potentially). Actually my school encourages you to explore your options during your first 2 years of college - we don't choose our majors until 2nd semester of Junior year.
    Signature courtesy of Poisonedapples

• we jumped out a window

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    who's celebrating champagne thursday tonight??? u knw u don't have to actually drink champagne if you don't want too
    I'll get lectured by two doctors if I drink so I'll be a non drink celebrater. Blue champagne looks really calming and soothing by the way!

• we jumped out a window

Drama drama drama. Oh wait, it's you Brandon. Nevermind. Drama is the norm for you.

Blargh!!! Could you drive that stake in me a little bit more! .

If you must know, today was an emotional reunion with Kristen (though that wasn't why I stormed out). Had to hold back tears and she showed me her baby photos/videos and I gave her a yellow crayon.
    Last edited by brand42; 01-31-2013 at 05:53 PM.

• we jumped out a window

So how about that new Strokes single, "One Way Trigger"? Julian doesn't sound like Julian but that's okay, I still like it.

• Triple Goddess

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNimrodelle View Post
    Hey all!

False. I work at a college, and go there 3/4 time. Nothing I did in high school counts for anything (including AP classes, which you can get credit for, but do not count toward graduation requirements) except for the classes I took at JC when I was in high school. I go to a top 50 liberal arts school, so...tell him to relax a bit. There is nothing you take in high school that they don't make you take again in college (except for the French class, potentially). Actually my school encourages you to explore your options during your first 2 years of college - we don't choose our majors until 2nd semester of Junior year.
    This is exactly as I thought. But for some reason, the teachers are really pressuring these kids into competition for college. I don't know if it's because it makes the high school look better, or the teachers, or what, but it is UNFAIR to put this kind of pressure on the kids. Colleges don't really look at the classes you take, but the grades. I have told him this, but since I am not one of the teachers at his school, my word isn't good enough. Telling my son to relax is like telling a hummingbird to stop its wings. He is pretty wound up because of his Asperger's anyway, so for his teachers to do this to him is pretty upsetting. I have told him to relax and that old mom standard "just do your best." It's not the kids responsibility to make the school look good. It's the school's. Right?

• Triple Goddess

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    Blargh!!! Could you drive that stake in me a little bit more! .

If you must know, today was an emotional reunion with Kristen (though that wasn't why I stormed out). Had to hold back tears and she showed me her baby photos/videos and I gave her a yellow crayon.
    Did she have a boy or girl? And please tell me you didn't give the crayon to the infant.

• we jumped out a window

Did she have a boy or girl? And please tell me you didn't give the crayon to the infant.
    She had a boy, looks just like her too. What???? Babies can't have crayons? Well good thing it was just figurative then . Come on, I'm not that bad with kids.

• we jumped out a window

Did our Eagleman mention going somewhere? I don't think I've seen him in this thread yet.