Page 98 of 139 FirstFirst ... 48889596979899100101108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2074

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Re: RCMC #127: One lumps or two?

Alright... I didn't have time to deal with this this morning... and I really don't have time right now because I'm between jobs.... and I was going to use this time to work on my memorial thread but since I am so beyond furious right now I can't see straight and I can't let this go any longer...... esp. when I find out people are making comments about it on the board in other places.

There are times when its better to leave things unsaid. Passive aggressive remarks should remain silent. There are times when things are better addressed in a private message... but since everyone seems hell bent on airing our laundry for the world to see I'm going to join in too.

The internet is a big place. Its as big as the whole planet. And just like with being a part of humanity there will always be people that we get along with, people we don't... and thats ok. I've always thought of the RCMC as a giant cocktail party... a big room full of people and everyone floats around and talks to who they want, about whatever they want and it usually works.

We have a long history, and members have histories... there are things that happened in the past that some of us can't leave in the past because of knowledge we have and yes, that can and does cloud our interactions with others sometimes. I had told others before... you can make your own decisions, just understand that for some of us, there are reasons we feel the way we do.

As to the incidents of this morning.... I'm going to go into this because Barry and I go back a long way. In fact, Barry and I have known each other almost since the beginning of the site, and we are both of the same generations.

Over the course of the last 8 years, Barry and I have had a lot of conversations with each other. I've had a lot of messages that we have sent back and forth both with each other, trying to encourage Barry how to engage other members in a positive manner.

Every one of us at one time or another has had to deal with issues in our life, and many of us have also battled depression of one form or another.

If you recall Barry, I shared with you some years ago information about my own personal struggles with dragons, a struggle that almost lead me to sign myself into a facility... I don't think anyone here except Barry was privileged to that information, until now... since this whole thing is just getting way out of hand. Because I want you to know that the next thing I say is not meant to be mean, or uncaring, because I've spent a lot of time in the past working with Barry, and recommending books and techniques to him that helped me overcome the battle with my own demons and dragons...

Barry, you know I understand where you are coming from since I have been there myself, but when you self depreciate in your posts, you know Barbara and I are going to be all over you... partially because we have known you long enough and well enough and mostly because we do actually care and have tried and will continue to try to get you to self reflect on your words and your actions... because building the esteem you need is an ongoing process, and its on that takes a LOT of work and effort... I know this first hand and I still to this day struggle with some of those dragons that every so often peek around the trees at me... waiting to pounce on me again.

This place is my home. Splashmountain Freak and I gave birth to this place many years ago and I have always kept it out of gold, and kept an open door policy for all to be able to come in. But I also kept it open with the expectation that anyone who came in here would show respect for each other... even if you didn't care for the other person or didn't like someone I expected respect and if you had to.... ignore the others... but what has happened lately has been behind the scenes messaging, dragging people into the drama, backhanded comments, passive aggressive statement, and talking about what is going on in other places on the boards. I can't control what happens in private messages (except when people PM me in panic because someone has sent them a message because someone sent them a message trying to get them to take sides), and I can't even really control what goes on in the other forums.

But I can control myself.

I've been mad enough more than once with things going on here and I've walked away from the RCMC for periods of time before. I can't ever leave for good... this is my home... this is like my child... but this is going to be one of those times because I am so beyond furious right now with all the jr high drama that I'll be taking a break for an undetermined amount of time.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Sock Puppet

great photos posted barb!

• Sshhh, being very quiet

And then....God blessed us with Pengy.

Pengy, I thank you for your wisdom and your patience.

Please don't stay away for to long.

Name:  Penguin-Hugs1.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  11.8 KB
    Last edited by clara; 02-06-2013 at 11:55 AM.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Or maybe a trip report like I used to do back in the day.

i havn't done a trip report in ages.. i just don't know how to even start them anymore.. id rather read other peoples fun times

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by PiG_GuRl View Post
    Awww. I didn't know you had pictures of me

haa ash

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    If you recall Barry, I shared with you some years ago information about my own personal struggles with dragons, a struggle that almost lead me to sign myself into a facility... I don't think anyone here except Barry was privileged to that information, until now... since this whole thing is just getting way out of hand. Because I want you to know that the next thing I say is not meant to be mean, or uncaring, because I've spent a lot of time in the past working with Barry, and recommending books and techniques to him that helped me overcome the battle with my own demons and dragons...

Barry, you know I understand where you are coming from since I have been there myself, but when you self depreciate in your posts, you know Barbara and I are going to be all over you... partially because we have known you long enough and well enough and mostly because we do actually care and have tried and will continue to try to get you to self reflect on your words and your actions... because building the esteem you need is an ongoing process, and its on that takes a LOT of work and effort...
    Your whole post was very well stated. Everyone here needs to know that my history here needs to be taken into account, and that I am very much at fault for my actions, and take responsibility for them. Both Barbaraann and Jody have been very good to me and patient with me over the years. I resolve to do my best to keep my side of the street clean from here on out, one day at a time.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Your whole post was very well stated. Everyone here needs to know that my history here needs to be taken into account, and that I am very much at fault for my actions, and take responsibility for them. Both Barbaraann and Jody have been very good to me and patient with me over the years. I resolve to do my best to keep my side of the street clean from here on out, one day at a time.
    Last edited by clara; 02-06-2013 at 12:46 PM.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    look food!

They should sell those at the ballpark!

And hi Clara!
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Sock Puppet

according to Kelly they sell them at Disneyland mmmm delish!!

And hi Clara!

Wow...the week is already half way through...

• Goofy

nice and wonderful pictures barbaraann.im glad you all had a fun time there.

• Minion

Hi everyone! It has been a little while, I hope all of you that went to the Anniversary meet had a grand time I would love to see more pictures. I am gearing up for my trip in March when I take my Cheer team down for the Nationals competition. Should be a fun time! Hope your all doing well.
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

• Goofy

that mac and cheese hot dog is making me hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
    nice and wonderful pictures barbaraann.im glad you all had a fun time there.
    Hiya Rex...good to see you