Page 99 of 139 FirstFirst ... 49748996979899100101102109124 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2074
  1. #1471

    • Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    16,602

    Re: RCMC #127: One lumps or two?

    Quote Originally Posted by mickdaddy View Post
    Hi everyone! It has been a little while, I hope all of you that went to the Anniversary meet had a grand time I would love to see more pictures. I am gearing up for my trip in March when I take my Cheer team down for the Nationals competition. Should be a fun time! Hope your all doing well.

    Hi there! Don't know that we've met yet.

  2. #1472

    • What Time Taught Us
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    5,016

    Re: RCMC #127: One lumps or two?

    Very well said, Jody. Your insight and the context you provided is appreciated.




    I joined the RCMC three years ago when I was a lonely community college student whose friends had left for 4-year schools. I made a lot of friends in here, had a lot of good times, and it really helped me feel like I had a solid ground beneath me during that nebulous, transitional period. I'm in a great place these days, and I'm not completely sure I would have gotten here without the RCMC.


    These threads evolved from role playing games, but up to now it's still often referred to as a "room," occasionally with a "smell" when it's new. For a lot of us, the RCMC is much more than what it actually is -- people sitting separately in rooms, typing words. Our collective imaginations transform it into something much larger, and much more important. We envision cushions and food and other trivial things, but we also envision a direct, tangible connection to the others who post here, where text becomes real people.


    The RCMC has a long history of which I am a very small part. But in my own personal history, it has its own significance.


    We've had drama the past couple days. It all burst out very rapidly, but it's clearly been simmering for a long time. I guess I'm writing all this because I read a thread where people saw the RCMC very differently. That in itself is fine, but do so without casting aspersions on this room and its people, especially in regards to situations in which you are not remotely involved.

  3. #1473

    • Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    16,602

    Re: RCMC #127: One lumps or two?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    Very well said, Jody. Your insight and the context you provided is appreciated.

    I joined the RCMC three years ago when I was a lonely community college student whose friends had left for 4-year schools. I made a lot of friends in here, had a lot of good times, and it really helped me feel like I had a solid ground beneath me during that nebulous, transitional period. I'm in a great place these days, and I'm not completely sure I would have gotten here without the RCMC.

    These threads evolved from role playing games, but up to now it's still often referred to as a "room," occasionally with a "smell" when it's new. For a lot of us, the RCMC is much more than what it actually is -- people sitting separately in rooms, typing words. Our collective imaginations transform it into something much larger, and much more important. We envision cushions and food and other trivial things, but we also envision a direct, tangible connection to the others who post here, where text becomes real people.

    The RCMC has a long history of which I am a very small part. But in my own personal history, it has its own significance.

    We've had drama the past couple days. It all burst out very rapidly, but it's clearly been simmering for a long time. I guess I'm writing all this because I read a thread where people saw the RCMC very differently. That in itself is fine, but do so without casting aspersions on this room and its people, especially in regards to situations in which you are not remotely involved.

    Well said, young man...well said!


  4. #1474

    • Never give in.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    In tha hood
    Posts
    18,218

    Re: RCMC #127: One lumps or two?

    I had something to say...but for now, I will leave you with this:
    ♥ "Don't care about all the pain in front of me
    'Cause I'm just trying to be happy." ♥




  5. #1475

    • Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    16,602

    Re: RCMC #127: One lumps or two?

    ^^^^

  6. #1476

    • Angel Fan MC Man
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beautiful Oxnard, CA
    Posts
    24,291
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: RCMC #127: One lumps or two?

    Whenever I come in here and try to make it all about "me"...especially in a negative way...it never ends well. That is something I have been reflecting on today, as it relates not just to this thread but to my life in general. When I come in here, I want to be "me", for sure...but it is about our whole community, and not just "me".
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

  7. #1477

    • Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    16,602

    Re: RCMC #127: One lumps or two?

    Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Whenever I come in here and try to make it all about "me"...especially in a negative way...it never ends well. That is something I have been reflecting on today, as it relates not just to this thread but to my life in general. When I come in here, I want to be "me", for sure...but it is about our whole community, and not just "me".
    well, you know, sometimes it can be about "me"...just in a positive way...

    For example...

    "I love ME!"

    Compared to

    "Whoa is ME!"

    See the difference?

    But that is advice for myself as well. Its fine

  8. #1478

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    orange county,ca
    Posts
    6,499

    Re: RCMC #127: One lumps or two?

    Quote Originally Posted by PiG_GuRl View Post
    I had something to say...but for now, I will leave you with this:
    LOVE THE BABY! gangnam style!! I Love that dance also!

    Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Whenever I come in here and try to make it all about "me"...especially in a negative way...it never ends well. That is something I have been reflecting on today, as it relates not just to this thread but to my life in general. When I come in here, I want to be "me", for sure...but it is about our whole community, and not just "me".


  9. #1479

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    orange county,ca
    Posts
    6,499

    Re: RCMC #127: One lumps or two?

    what a day and it ain't over!

  10. #1480

    • Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    16,602

    Re: RCMC #127: One lumps or two?

    This is what happens with me regarding making meals at home......

    I get all the necessary items to make great meals: The beef, the chicken, the rice, the pastas and sauces, etc......Then when it comes time to make those meals...I end up saying "Come on kiddo...we are going to (insert restaurant name here)!"

    I hate cooking.

  11. #1481

    • Sshhh, being very quiet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    S. California
    Posts
    16,602

    Re: RCMC #127: One lumps or two?

    yay! I just received heart shaped little Debbie's from the temp!

    Name:  300_970319.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  65.5 KB

    They are going great with afternoon coffee!

  12. #1482

    • Angel Fan MC Man
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beautiful Oxnard, CA
    Posts
    24,291
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: RCMC #127: One lumps or two?

    Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    I don't mean to be a stick in the mud, but...what part of that was funny?
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

  13. #1483

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    orange county,ca
    Posts
    6,499

    Re: RCMC #127: One lumps or two?

    Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I don't mean to be a stick in the mud, but...what part of that was funny?
    the 1st part barry.. but i totally get what you mean. but the way you worded the 1st line.. sorry didn't mean to laugh
    Last edited by Poisonedapples; 02-06-2013 at 04:11 PM.

  14. #1484

    • Angel Fan MC Man
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beautiful Oxnard, CA
    Posts
    24,291
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: RCMC #127: One lumps or two?

    Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    the 1st part barry.. but i totally get what you mean. but the way you worded the 1st line.. sorry didn't mean to laugh
    No worries Sara. That's another thing. I tend to take myself way too seriously.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

  15. #1485

    • Under that tree again!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,499

    Re: RCMC #127: One lumps or two?

    Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Wow...the week is already half way through...
    It is and now, I'm loving it.

    Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Then when it comes time to make those meals...I end up saying "Come on kiddo...we are going to (insert restaurant name here)!"
    McDonalds

    Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    yay! I just received heart shaped little Debbie's from the temp!

    Name:  300_970319.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  65.5 KB

    They are going great with afternoon coffee!
    How nice!

Similar Threads

  1. Do you type one space or two after a period in a sentence?
    By nbodyhome in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 08-08-2008, 04:28 PM
  2. If You Could Live in One Decade and Two Years
    By Aura of Foreboding in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-23-2006, 02:53 PM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-26-2006, 10:33 PM
  4. Two more Roles one more play
    By Tui in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-15-2005, 09:26 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •