Page 111 of 134 FirstFirst ... 116186101108109110111112113114121 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2001

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Re: RCMC 128: New Faces And Old Friends!

Speaking of ticketed events costing money that people debate is reasonable or not

Having a hard time trying to convince myself that $200 bucks for a 2 day con in November is worth it to me anymore.

Blargh
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Yup....
    she wasn't implying and that was also in repsonse to barbs' post... i know it's hard to convey through internet, the translation of things and how things are said get's taken wrong.. so plse no hard feelings , you guys can agree to disagree..

now about knives, yes kelly, they do rock don't they!

cooking horror story:
    i worked with this girl who was holding a avocado in her left hand, and cutting it with her right hand, and she stuck the knife thru the avocado and so gross story short, she ended up in ER with a major cut IN her hand... and yes i left out the gory part for those that don't want to know. thank you Sara, no problem your welcome

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Speaking of ticketed events costing money that people debate is reasonable or not

Having a hard time trying to convince myself that $200 bucks for a 2 day con in November is worth it to me anymore.

Blargh

if you are really interested in it like you are, then hells yeah! it's worth it!!

• Selfie Expert

We used to go to Blizzcon, but after going twice we decided it wasn't worth it anymore. I would love to go to Comic con! One of these days we'll get to it. Definitely have to make costumes for it when we do.

Ah! That's so scary cutting into something while holding it in your hand! I've done that, but it wasn't severe... in fact I think it was an avocado! I'm usually really slow cutting things because I'm too scared I'm going to injure myself.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Well its not just the ticket prices, its also the hotel and associated costs

Meh.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Selfie Expert

Meh.
    Yeah, those add up quickly. That's what always gets us on our Disneyland trips since we're out of state.

• Sock Puppet

Meh.
    Well.. decisons! decisions! but sure sounds fun!

kelly u said-
    Ah! That's so scary cutting into something while holding it in your hand! I've done that, but it wasn't severe... in fact I think it was an avocado! I'm usually really slow cutting things because I'm too scared I'm going to injure myself.
    ha! well some people are skilled cutters! she was not..

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I would never tell anyone else how to spend their money. I would just be surprised if something ever came up that I'd be willing to pay a $500 admission charge to get into it. Like I said, a one time event.
    I paid 400 for an Angels World Series ticket in 2002. By far the most I have ever spent on a sporting event or any other such ticket. But I had been a fan for 37 years at that point, and it remains a once in a lifetime event. Maybe that will change this fall
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I find this entire situation pretty laughable actually. We were actually all agreeing on things. However when I read that I should keep the negativity down, a red flag went up in my brain. So I did what I always do when people tell me how to think, or how to act. I speak my mind. Opinions are just that. Opinions. Nobody is ever/or rarely ever going to change the other person's mind about something.

......and if you think that we never disagree around here in the RCMC, then you haven't been around here long enough to know that that is not true. We have always loved and supported each other, despite a person's point of view.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    I paid 400 for an Angels World Series ticket in 2002. By far the most I have ever spent on a sporting event or any other such ticket. But I had been a fan for 37 years at that point, and it remains a once in a lifetime event. Maybe that will change this fall
    that sounds really cool!!!

I find this entire situation pretty laughable actually.
    everyone has a different point of view and some are taken wrong because it's hard to convey body language over the intenet!

i think kelly, u need to adopt me, and i can come live with you and be your live in chef..... i would so love to do that!! i'll make you what ever you and the hubs want all day everyday.. OR ISNTEAD OF adopting me, just hire me on as your full time live in chef! now ur livin!!! LOL

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Blargh
    That's why I stopped going to Comic Con in San Diego, after the hotels and eating expenses on top of the tickets to get in, it was adding up. Also, come to find out the boy isn't really interested in that kinda stuff so...it didn't seem worth it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    OMGosh! If they were $400 in 2002...what are World Series tickets costing now! I've never researched this so have no idea. But wow! Where were the seats?

• Selfie Expert

I find this entire situation pretty laughable actually. We were actually all agreeing on things. However when I read that I should keep the negativity down, a red flag went up in my brain. So I did what I always do when people tell me how to think, or how to act. I speak my mind. Opinions are just that. Opinions. Nobody is ever/or rarely ever going to change the other person's mind about something.

......and if you think that we never disagree around here in the RCMC, then you haven't been around here long enough to know that that is not true. We have always loved and supported each other, despite a person's point of view.
    As I said before, I was not intending to tell you what to say or think. I was merely expressing an opinion, just as you did. We are all allowed to express our opinions here, right? Not just the ones who have been around longer?

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    i think kelly, u need to adopt me, and i can come live with you and be your live in chef..... i would so love to do that!! i'll make you what ever you and the hubs want all day everyday.. OR ISNTEAD OF adopting me, just hire me on as your full time live in chef! now ur livin!!! LOL
    Hahaha tempting!

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    And I feel that those of us who feel differently should keep from commenting so negatively,
    Whether it was negative in your eyes or not negative in other eyes...you still implied to her, or for that matter, anyone who "feels differently", to keep their comments and different opinions to herself. Hence her reply that she can say what she wants.

• Selfie Expert

I can see how it can be interpreted that way, which is why I apologized and said it was not my intent. What more would you like me to do about it?