Page 122 of 134 FirstFirst ... 227297112119120121122123124125132 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2001

• Never give in.

Re: RCMC 128: New Faces And Old Friends!

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Life is hard. But this to shall pass. You'll make it
    ♥ "Don't care about all the pain in front of me
    'Cause I'm just trying to be happy." ♥

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by PiG_GuRl View Post
    I know the feeling; coming from a science major with the stupidest Pyschology major roommate -_- Gotta love when psych majors complain about their major...and then study for 10 minutes and go to sleep.
    If only real life had mute button or ignore lists!! Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    btw kelly. . the hubs bestie, yeah he is cute!
    He's not his bestie lol but I'll be sure to pass the compliment on! Hehe

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    If only real life had mute button or ignore lists!! Hahaha

He's not his bestie lol but I'll be sure to pass the compliment on! Hehe
    I know he isn't silly!!!! i was just being funny!

•   
    • Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Plus they will dig through your email.
    To be fair I work in I.T. and I dig through a surprisingly small amount of other people's e-mail. ....nor do I farm people's credit card numbers, nor do I read that many transcripts of chat sessions, and for that matter I don't really sift through people's pictures and music folders since most of them are kind of bland and uninteresting. ...just saying.

Also, the earlier comment about the moray eel thing is a joke, but a joke founded in a little truth. No, Sea World would NEVER have a Moray Eel meet-n-greet. ( "Go ahead, swim around down there amongst them in the artificial reef. If they try to hide just reach in and grab them!" ) I don't see that one making it past legal.

However, back in the 70's I went to Marineland where they had an attraction where you could swim amongst their artificial reef. It was basically a giant Olympic sized pool with a deep end and a shallow end. You got into a wetsuit and entered in the shallow end then swam around reefs and came back to an exit point on the other side of the shallow end. Halfway through the pool some small sharks swam by me. I will never forget just stopping in my tracks and thinking "Seriously? Sharks? ....in the pool? ....with humans? What is this, Carl Stromburg's aquarium?" They weren't big, maybe 3-4 feet long but hey, they were sharks. Nothing stopped a person from provoking them into an attack ( or for that matter simply having a pre-existing wound/cut that would reopen and start bleeding ) and being chomped. I doubt their little mouths would have killed anyone but taking off a hand or foot wouldn't have been hard.

So yeah, no such thing as the Moray Eel meet-n-greet but swimming with live sharks with no protective barrier? Oh yeah, that's totally doable for just $40 in 1976 at Marineland. It didn't scare me, but it did make me wonder how certain they could be that no attack would happen.

For those interested, this link shows pics of the place decades after it was abandoned. About 1/4 the way down you'll see the "swim with dangerous predators" tank starting with the picture of the red, wooden bridge over the drained remains of that tank.

Modern Day Ruins: Marineland of the Pacific | Abandoned Places, Desks, Oddities

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    I know he isn't silly!!!! i was just being funny!
    Gotchya!!

Back to bed with me. Don't want to do another night on just 2 hours of sleep. Until later!

If Jim pops in later, someone please give him one of these from me!

• Selfie Expert

fifthrider - I am so glad you've joined us here! Your posts always have me cracking up. I'm checking out the link you posted, as I feel like I've had nightmares based in a tank like that but I have no idea where the idea was put in my head since it closed the year after my birth. Very cool in a kind of creepy way!!

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by fifthrider View Post
    To be fair I work in I.T. and I dig through a surprisingly small amount of other people's e-mail. ....nor do I farm people's credit card numbers, nor do I read that many transcripts of chat sessions, and for that matter I don't really sift through people's pictures and music folders since most of them are kind of bland and uninteresting. ...just saying.
    There are so many broad generalizations made about so many things. I like to live by a "I will judge for myself when I experience it myself" kind of philosphy.

BTW - I LOVE my computer guy, as I call him. He built me an AWESOME gaming computer about 5 years ago. I've kept him to do the maintenance on it, update hardware, and such and its still a great gaming computer! I've even bought a few laptops from him.

Also, the earlier comment about the moray eel thing is a joke, but a joke founded in a little truth. No, Sea World would NEVER have a Moray Eel meet-n-greet. ( "Go ahead, swim around down there amongst them in the artificial reef. If they try to hide just reach in and grab them!" ) I don't see that one making it past legal.
    You totally had me fooled. I thought you did swim with eels.

•   
    • Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    You totally had me fooled. I thought you did swim with eels.
    No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

( I get paid five cents for every time I say that. Guy's gotta make a living. )

• What Time Taught Us

Quote Originally Posted by PiG_GuRl View Post
    I know the feeling; coming from a science major with the stupidest Pyschology major roommate -_- Gotta love when psych majors complain about their major...and then study for 10 minutes and go to sleep.

that's funny, my other roommate is a psych major and she's pretty much in intense study mode 24/7. lol

I got up at 11! not quote the 10:30 I was planning but not bad. time to get cracking on editing this paper wooo.

• Sock Puppet

haaaaa!!! i figured that was a joke!!! Yoru shark story had me remember when i missed the talk about the reef sharks when i was in the Great Barrier Reef Great Barrier Reef Resort | Heron Island | Official Site

anyhow we stayed on Heron Island, it's in the link. Goooorgeous island! So check it out, i guess that in the talk about the reef sharks they said that they aren't dangerous, they are docile and won't hurt you.. well i got there late and i never heard ANY of that..so my dad and i were in the water the next day with my mom snorkeling.. and my dad and i decided to follow a Shovel Nose Ray ( another water animal that is not dangerous..) and btw they are cool.. so we followed this thing for a while and then we stopped cause my mo was waving her hands above her head in frantic way.. and then i heard the words "shark!!!!!!"..well so yeah since i missed the talk i didn't think twice, i swam as fast as i could back to shore, i had flippers on so i was bookin it!!

turns out that my mom's goggles slipped on her face and water got in her mouth ( did not see that part) and she SAYS SHE said " look reef sharks" but what i heard was "shark!" ...so 5thrider, there u go! shark stories, yes no matter how friendly they may be in captivity, they are still sharks! and they do creep me out too.. But seeing the Baby Sea Turtles born that day later in the afternoon made up for my snorkeling fail.

So at the hockey game last night something cool happened.

Usually just before puck drop there is a photo op with a State Farm agent or some special fan where they drop the puck and get their photo taken with the two captains of the teams.

So this cute young couple comes out. The guy sets up to do the "drop the puck" photo shoot, then he turns to the girl and says something to make her look behind her, then when she turns back to him, he's on one knee with a ring. He proprosed right there! It was pretty awesome.

I turned to my son and said "when you really love a woman THAT is how you do it". I wanted to continue that sentence and tell him not like how his father did...well he actually didn't propose, and never wanted to marry me nor loved me so I don't know why he did marry me BUT that is way off topic!

Anyway, the proposal at the game was a great crowd pleaser
    Last edited by clara; 02-21-2013 at 11:50 AM.

No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

( I get paid five cents for every time I say that. Guy's gotta make a living. )
    you are hilarious! Enjoy your nickle!

• Sock Puppet

AND Fifthrider--fun fact! the baby sea turtles that are born on heron island .. come back when they hit 40 years of age and have their babies on the island, and this is a continous thing. it's perdy darn cool once they are born they literally crawl in the sand to the water and swim as fast as they can into the ocean before the birds get them.. yep sadly i saw a few get eaten.. it's life!

anyhow they have tiny tiny tiny little flippers, too cute!! i seriously wanted to hold one, but you can't as it will imprint on their memory( as i was told at heron island) an they won't know where to go when they need to have their babies etc... and they aren't suppose to be born during the day because of predators, they usually wait to come fully out of the sand then.. but there was a rare occurance when i was there and out came zillion baby turtles from the sand making their way to the water! LOL

the light attracts them.. they told us we had to keep our lights on the porches of our villa's off at night so the turtles would be born and crawl to our patios and die..LOL

it was really neat seeing them crawl out of the sand of their egg and do the fight for life..and i got to do and see all this and this life experience thanks to Mcdonald douglas that my dad worked for and then Boeing bought them out so we ended up moving back home from Australia, and on our way home we decided to visit the best part of Australia, The Great Barrier Reef. it's a experience i will never ever ever get again.
    Last edited by Poisonedapples; 02-21-2013 at 11:58 AM.

• Under that tree again!

Quick hi and bye, see you on the flip side.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

Ha was that Swampy zooming through here!

Maybe he is being chased!