Page 42 of 134 FirstFirst ... 173239404142434445526792 ... LastLast

• Selfie Expert

Re: RCMC 128: New Faces And Old Friends!

Cats are the best!!!

Yep, been a week already! I love my schedule.

I would get a study room or plan on being somewhere private, I don't think that's crazy at all. It would be awful to be in the middle of it and a rommate stubs their toe and screams out something not very Disney-esque.

Etta James is amazing. We're listening to classic rock at work right now, but the Andrews Sisters station on iHeart always puts me in a good mood.

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    Hello and good night
    That was quick, have sweet dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Outfits for Dapper Day?? If that what you're asking about?

If so, yes!! I'm wearing a Minnie-inspired dress that I actually bought at the parks during Halloween. He's got khakis, suspenders, button-up, and we're still deciding on his hat. I can't decide if I'm going to wear my Mickey Mouse club ears, a vintage-y hat, or get my hair done all pin-up style. I'm a rather indecisive person lol
    As much as Disneybounding sounds fun. I would encourage you to stay in theme the vast majority of the time, rather than dress like a character for Dapper Day.

• What Time Taught Us

The 40 Greatest Things Ever Said By Salem The Cat

why am I doing this instead of working

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    As much as Disneybounding sounds fun. I would encourage you to stay in theme the vast majority of the time, rather than dress like a character for Dapper Day.
    It's a vintage-looking dress. I'll see if I can post a picture of it. According the the Dapper Day page, they say you don't have to be vintage at all, just dressed up.

• Selfie Expert

This is a bad picture, but I think if I take away the tights and maybe the ears, it's not in your face Minnie.

From the very little I've seen, the Disneybounders look like their outfits are more "inspired" than actually trying to dress up like the character. I'm sure there are different interpretations of it though.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    The 40 Greatest Things Ever Said By Salem The Cat

why am I doing this instead of working
    One could argue that this is still a good use of your time.

• Under that tree again!

You know what's a slap in the face?

People making long rants about being Club 33 members and how they should be given more.

Talk about first world problems.
    Closer to 1% problems.

I have a good friend who gives me an open end invite. They were happy to upgrade to Plantinum and take advantage of the other perks of that level. I haven't heard any complaints from them.

5 members and 2 guests on here... Talk!!
    Sorry I was reading, posting elsewhere and like keeping this thread open in another tab.

I'm halfway through my third essay out of five... hoping I can finish by 3.. I think the fifth essay will be the easiest, so here's hoping.

I think what I'm most looking forward to about being done, is that I won't have to post about it in here anymore. lol.

then again, I have another paper due on thursday. oh god.
    If you have to post about what you have to do, it's something. We need some filler material here.

• Under that tree again!

It's a vintage-looking dress. I'll see if I can post a picture of it. According the the Dapper Day page, they say you don't have to be vintage at all, just dressed up.

This is a bad picture, but I think if I take away the tights and maybe the ears, it's not in your face Minnie.

From the very little I've seen, the Disneybounders look like their outfits are more "inspired" than actually trying to dress up like the character. I'm sure there are different interpretations of it though.
    I knew which dress you meant, from your older TR.

I think Dapper Days encourages attendance as they try to promote themself.

I would wear the dress and leave the other items out. I would suggest a hat, just to keep the sun off. If you plan a lot of rides don't wear an akward hat.

• What Time Taught Us

finally finished essay 3. I think it was the hardest prompt. now onto essay 4.

got some New Orleans Square area music playing, ready set go...

• Selfie Expert

Closer to 1% problems.

I have a good friend who gives me an open end invite. They were happy to upgrade to Plantinum and take advantage of the other perks of that level. I haven't heard any complaints from them.

Sorry I was reading, posting elsewhere and like keeping this thread open in another tab.

If you have to post about what you have to do, it's something. We need some filler material here.
    Seriously on the 1%. It's just like with everything else, though, where if you pay for more you'll likely get more. Ah well. That's cool that you can access it pretty much whenever you want!

I do the same, always having RCMC up on another tab.

Agreed on the filler.

I knew which dress you meant, from your older TR.

I think Dapper Days encourages attendance as they try to promote themself.

I would wear the dress and leave the other items out. I would suggest a hat, just to keep the sun off. If you plan a lot of rides don't wear an akward hat.
    I have a hat that will work with it and be easy to take on/off. I'm really hoping that I'll be able to get my hair done because I don't know how to do anything with my hair beyond washing, straightening, and putting it in a ponytail. There's a girl on the Dapper Facebook page saying she might get a stylist to come out and do a group's hair, hopefully it will work out!

finally finished essay 3. I think it was the hardest prompt. now onto essay 4.

got some New Orleans Square area music playing, ready set go...
    Yay hardest one out of the way! I love land music. There's a few songs on my disneyland CD.

• Selfie Expert

I really hope the mods merge those Club 33 threads...

• What Time Taught Us

I'm jealous you're going to Dapper Day! I wish I could. oh, my poor expired Annual Pass. I still keep it in my wallet. lol. it's bound to be tons of fun.

finished essay 4, now onto the fifth and final. yay. -_______-

• Selfie Expert

Woo!! Blowin' through those essays!! When are they due again?

I'm super excited for it. It was funny because we were actually at the last Dapper Day, last September, but I had no idea what it was. My friend, husband, and I were in DCA and saw all these people walking around in vintage outfits and all I could think was, "Why in the WORLD are these girls walking in those shoes?!"

I will not be walking in heels, as I can't do it for ten minutes let alone a trip to Disneyland. I'm super jealous of girls who can do that!

Anyway... You should consider renewing and joining us there! I promise we're lots of fun, and it seems like Dapper Day would be right up your alley!

• What Time Taught Us

Woo!! Blowin' through those essays!! When are they due again?

I'm super excited for it. It was funny because we were actually at the last Dapper Day, last September, but I had no idea what it was. My friend, husband, and I were in DCA and saw all these people walking around in vintage outfits and all I could think was, "Why in the WORLD are these girls walking in those shoes?!"

I will not be walking in heels, as I can't do it for ten minutes let alone a trip to Disneyland. I'm super jealous of girls who can do that!

Anyway... You should consider renewing and joining us there! I promise we're lots of fun, and it seems like Dapper Day would be right up your alley!
    they're due tomorrow at 9! :P I haven't written anything since my last post. blegughdhhn

something similar happened to me when I went to Disneyland, and it was apparently Harry Potter Day. it was so bizarre. lol.

you tempt me! but I don't have enough money to get a pass. besides, if I get into the DCP thing, the pass would only REALLY be good until mid-June before getting blocked out for the summer and then deemed irrelevant by my employment.

but let's not jinx it. I take back everything I said. :P

how much longer till you get off work?

• Selfie Expert

Argh!!! I wrote a reply and MiceChat froze up on me!! Anyway, I'll retype what I remember...

Tomorrow as in Wednesday? Or tomorrow as in today? These are the dilemmas I have working on overnights, "today", "tomorrow", "last night" all become meaningless because you have to clarify what you mean, anyway.

Harry Potter day?! It seems like every time I cross a theme day off my bucket list another one pops up! I love dressing up, though, so I guess it's a good problem to have. EXCEPT that they always fall on the weekends I have to work! This needs to stop!

No jinxing. Here's is an anti-jinxing monkey: Problem solved.

I have a little over 2 hours left! Really, I have 3, but since two pharmacists will be rolling in here at 6am and there is really no need for that many of us, I will be seizing my opportunity to RUN! And by RUN, I mean walk out of the hospital, drive home, and mess around on the internet until I fall asleep. Ideal, yes?

A nurse just made me burst out laughing at a note she sent me on an order. Fun nurses are the best!