Page 63 of 134 FirstFirst ... 133853606162636465667388113 ... LastLast

• Selfie Expert

Re: RCMC 128: New Faces And Old Friends!

Good night, Jim!!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Hello to anyone left.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

My doctor says I have 150 pounds to lose. That seems really daunting to me tonight. I see that there are three other members here.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Under that tree again!

We had met at a small show I went to with friends and we started talking for about 20 minutes until her friends were pulling her away so we hastily exchanged numbers.

A couple days later she called me and left me a message on my answering machine. After that we would often talk on the phone. She lived about 30 or 40 miles from me, but worked at a university she had attended and got a job in the admissions department, I think. It was only about 20 miles from where I lived.

This went on a few month but after end of January I suggested we should go out. She asked when, and I suggested we wait until February 14th so I could give her a special Valentines Day date but we could keep it very casual. She was really into this idea. I suggested we do something in the late afternoon and plan on finding dinner if we got hungry. It may of been a weekend because I know I went to the college to pick her up, but she was helping at some sort of event.

I was really nervous about how she looked. As we met I had been drinking a bit and you can probably understand how that goes. Our conversations went very well, but without things like skype and facebook I wasn't really sure what I was getting into.

That day she got to work without a car and I went to pick her up. I had brought roses, and left them in the car, because where was she going to put them? So I wandered to an odd building on a campus I had never been to and sure enough passed a couple closer parking areas. I recall breaking down some tables and stacking chairs.

She looked awesome, but wore a lot of denim. And her hair with bow like the girl on the right, except she was a brunette.

After a little bit she grabbed her bag and we were off. She made fun of where I parked, I didn't mention that I had to ask about 4 people where the building she was in was.

I gave her the flowers which so far had held up. She told me where to drive and off we went to a rather nice park. Oddly enough it was empty, but the day was really nice. We walked around talking for a while and she told me about the park. Then she asked if we could run by her apartment real quick before dinner. The flowers needed water so why not.

She only lived a few minutes from the park, which explained how she new the park so well. We walk upto the building and she said "why don't you wait, I want to change, I'll be real quick".

So in she goes while I stayed in front of the office. Then at an apartment above, I see a couple girls come out on their balcony and looking at me. Then the apartment next to them another girl comes out and is staring at me. Then a couple girls come out to make sure I was on the up and up and let me know she is so nice and her last boyfriend was such a jerk I better be nice and if I toy with her they would hunt me down and kill me.

I didn't know what this last guy did but certainly all of her friendly neighbors did, which made me think there may of been loud fights or police involment.

But sure enough as the girls getting and giving me the 411 went back in she came out as pleasant as could be. She had changed outfits to something like this.

She also wore some nice dangling earings and a necklace. She changed hairdbands and applied some make up.

I felt kind of bad as I was just in a polo shirt and pants, but forgot my pink sweater.

So off we went back in the car to drive across to town to a restaurant she knew of. It was a casual place but super busy, and I was really worried because we didn't have a reservation. She told me it wasn't a problem it was always like this but it would be quick. So we talked to the hostess and walked back out side, down the street a bit and back. We had dinner and then left.

She wanted to see a movie, but we were late for the movie nearby and she said we should rent one instead. I suggested we get coffee and dessert instead. She really wanted some movie, so we rented it and ran into a grocery store for a pint of ice cream.

We went back to her apartment building and into her place. It was very plane, I remember it had open walls without art work. It had a kitchen along a wall, and living space all in one room and a bedroom at the back. So we watched the movie for a little while and had about a scoop of ice cream each, and then.

Then after a little cuddling she excuses herself and goes into the bedroom. After a couple minutes she is standing in the doorway. Wearing a long t shirt and not her earings any more, if you catch my drift.

I was jumping for joy on the inside as she beckoned me into her room. All to quickly the phone on her nightstand rang. She told me to be quiet and picked it up. A males voice was calling her, and she motioned to me to go back into the main room and she shut the door behind me.

Then I sat there on the couch with a lot of questions on my mind. I couldn't hear exactly what was being said, but there was some yelling and some crying. It was very uncomfortable for a while as I tried to be patient. The conversation ebbed and flowed, and finally there was a long silence. She said she would be out in a minute and this time she was, and wearing sweat pants.

She told me she had to confess something to me. She revealed an engagement ring. She told me that was her fiance or ex fiance and she wasn't sure which. He had moved across the country to Chicago and she didn't want to go. He got this really good job and she wasn't sure if she should have stayed with him or not, but she had stayed.

I left and driving home realized, when she had said the busy signal I often got was her mother, she was probably talking to him.

Shelly was the most fun date I've ever had with a terrible ending. She had left a big sorry message for me a few weeks later but we never talked again. I've often wondered what happened to her.

Last edited by swampymarsh; 02-15-2013 at 12:14 AM.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Wow. That was quite a story.

• Selfie Expert

Hi Barry!! Take it one day at a time, and just try to make healthy choices rather than focusing on the numbers. I also have weight to lose, and have a horrible love for all things drive-thru. I understand how hard it is to make the right decisions.

Swampy that is a horrible (though entertaining) story!! I just watched the latest episode of Glee, and it had some very similar plot lines. I love the pictures you added!

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    My doctor says I have 150 pounds to lose. That seems really daunting to me tonight. I see that there are three other members here.
    Sorry I was writing that post forever.

Do you have a bike? Or access to a gym with stationary bikes? Just aim for 30 minutes, push yourself a little. Go fast and slow down as needed. Do likewise with jogging and walking.

Say you want to jog for 30 minutes so you start and after a minute have to walk. That's a start.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Swampy that is a horrible (though entertaining) story!! I just watched the latest episode of Glee, and it had some very similar plot lines. I love the pictures you added!
    It was something. I was just in shock at the end of it. Really dissapointed.

I used to watch Glee but it conflicts with something I prefer. During reruns I might catch up.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Thanks everyone.

Swampy, based on the story you told it certainly seems like she could have been more honest and up front with you. She put you in a really bad spot when she had you in the bedroom, the phone rang and then she made you wait all that time.

Good night everyone. Thanks for sharing that story with us, swampy.

• Never give in.

Home for the weekend tomorrow afternoon!
    ♥ "Don't care about all the pain in front of me
    'Cause I'm just trying to be happy." ♥

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by PiG_GuRl View Post

Home for the weekend tomorrow afternoon!
    Have a good weekend. Any plans or just to do laundry?

• Never give in.

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Have a good weekend. Any plans or just to do laundry?

Actually...yes. I need to do laundry because I am out of quarters to do it here.
    On Saturday, I am probably going to convince my parents to go shopping And then we are celebrating my birthday that night. Then on Sunday, we are celebrating my grandpa's birthday before I come back to school.
    ♥ "Don't care about all the pain in front of me
    'Cause I'm just trying to be happy." ♥

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by PiG_GuRl View Post

Actually...yes. I need to do laundry because I am out of quarters to do it here.
    On Saturday, I am probably going to convince my parents to go shopping And then we are celebrating my birthday that night. Then on Sunday, we are celebrating my grandpa's birthday before I come back to school.

One of the best thing to bring to school with you, that i suggest to seniors is a roll of qarters. Although at some point I imagine all college laundry facilities and laundromats will take card swipes.

Sounds like a nice pleasant weekend to get home. Have fun.

Goodnight all.

• Selfie Expert

I love threads like the one in the DL forum right now about what things you want to do in Disneyland. Those threads are where I've gathered the items for my bucket list. I LOVE discovering new things to see and do at the parks.

• Selfie Expert

Good night, Swampy!

(Almost) Welcome home, Ashley!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aura of Foreboding View Post
    You may have my number. You can take my name. But, you'll never have my heart.

Happy Valentine's Day, friends! It's nice to see some familiar faces still poking around these parts. Just wanted to drop in and let everyone know that I am still alive. Been working on a project. Once it is finished, I may be able to drop in for a longer spell.
    Probably not. But it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance, nonetheless! I am from the very old school of the RCMC. It's ancient history now, but the dream lives on... as it should!
    Have you been in the RCMC all this time?

Have I forgotten one of our founding members? Oh no! The shame! It has been too long...

Hello, Jim and Barry! I hope you two are doing well. Thank you for the kind wishes. I am ready to wrap this one up and send it off. I will keep everyone updated. Hopefully I won't forget anyone else in the meantime. Say hello to BarbaraAnn and Pengy for me... and any other folks who are still around!

Adios for now!
    RCMC - Never ask a Llama what he's hiding behind his back, or he might......

Hey, Johnny! Remember this. The Thermostat Conversation. Won't tell you exactly where it is. You'll have to figure that out for yourself.

Want a clue? Think Valentines, forwards, and backwards both together.