Page 14 of 135 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617243964114 ... LastLast

• Pooloo See Bagoomba

Re: RCMC #129 - We are on a mission!

Fun trip report Kevin (? I don't know anybody's driver license name here so I'll follow Barbaraann's lead). Glad you could squeeze just a little more Disney into your last few minutes in the park.

Underwater Town = Awesome, and lollygagged is a very dapper word.

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Wreck-It Ralph got cheated last night.
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    I TOTALLY agree!

• Sock Puppet

when i was the parks saturday i did take a few photos.. here is one of them, i did mean to have that washed out look....i had changed the exposure compensation on my camera and was very happy with the results!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    Monday is my favorite day.
    LOL well that is something you don't hear at all! Usually mondays are most hated!

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    I'm thinking a nap will be in order this afternoon. Not sure if I'm trying to come down with a cold or a sinus infection... my Zicam is old but I'm going to take it anyway... hope its a mellow Monday!
    Hiya Pengy! I saw that you hoped to see my photos from my trip to the parks on Saturday. I want to post a small trip report but I'm still getting used to my camera and most of the pictures are crud. I still can't get the settings right for dark rides. I couldn't get a good picture of balloons at night. But I did get some great practice in. I have to get back into the practice of photography again, I've been away so long from it.

Hope the Zicam worked!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

It's been 5 years since I got the call from the nursing home that my mom had passed away. She was 82 years old at the time. She had spent the last year of her life in a very nice facility. The quality of her life was much better than when she was at home. At home she couldn't take care of herself, and she wouldn't let her children help her with anything. Pride gets in the way sometimes, and cirmcumstances put elderly people in places they need not be in.

I miss my mom as I think about her today. She raised four children, and had 7 grandchildren, 6 great grandchildren, and one great great granchild has just been added to the family recently. She left a positive mark on our lives, and she will be forever in our hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    It's been 5 years since I got the call from the nursing home that my mom had passed away. She was 82 years old at the time. She had spent the last year of her life in a very nice facility. The quality of her life was much better than when she was at home. At home she couldn't take care of herself, and she wouldn't let her children help her with anything. Pride gets in the way sometimes, and cirmcumstances put elderly people in places they need not be in.

I miss my mom as I think about her today. She raised four children, and had 7 grandchildren, 6 great grandchildren, and one great great granchild has just been added to the family recently. She left a positive mark on our lives, and she will be forever in our hearts.

So the Oscars last night was pretty entertaining. I normally don't like Seth McFarlane's type of humor and it showed a bit through some of his jokes but for the most part, he did very well. He is very talented. And I loved the dancing segment with did with Daniel Radcliffe and Joseph Gordon-Levitt (I think it was Joseph Gordon-Levitt...)

I'm glad Quentin got his Oscar for Django Unchained and Christopher Waltz deserved his Oscar to. Still...I'm VERY upset that my Leo barely got a "thanks" from Quentin. No one else mentioned him but at least Quentin did.

And look at Argo...blowing Lincoln out of the water! Lincoln really didn't get to many Oscars and that was surprising.

As I said before...Brave REALLY surprised me as I was sure Wreck it Ralph had it.

And Jennifer Lawrence, fell while going up the steps to the stage to get her Oscar...oops! But her dress was ridiculously long and puffy at the bottom...I'm not surprised she did.

And I'm still trying to figure out what the point of the First Lady annoucing the Best Movie winner was...political or Hollywood? Meh either way..her dress was really pretty.
    Last edited by clara; 02-25-2013 at 10:26 AM.

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    I like the movie too. I think with the bigger audience of Brave in the USA, it was a shoe in to win over Raplh.

You can vote through the link in my signature for Wreck It Ralph.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    when i was the parks saturday i did take a few photos.. here is one of them, i did mean to have that washed out look....i had changed the exposure compensation on my camera and was very happy with the results!

Came out nice. It's like a misty morning in the parks.

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    sorry I don't know why I'm writing all this, but as I said I am deliriously tired. so I guess I will go to bed now. I hope you enjoyed this incoherent recap of my day.
    Thanks for the little recap.

Quick check in. Just came back to drop off some clothing. Thinking about gradding some nachos in White Water Snacks if we don't hurry back to the rides right away.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

Morning.

Well I did it. I forked over a downpayment for Invisalign today. IDK where that money is going to come from, but I did it. Hopefully I can pay off most of the balance with my tax returns.
    Signature courtesy of Poisonedapples

Quote Originally Posted by swampymarsh View Post
    Quick check in. Just came back to drop off some clothing. Thinking about gradding some nachos in White Water Snacks if we don't hurry back to the rides right away.
    You staying at one of the hotels there?

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNimrodelle View Post
    Morning.

Well I did it. I forked over a downpayment for Invisalign today. IDK where that money is going to come from, but I did it. Hopefully I can pay off most of the balance with my tax returns.

Invisalign is the invisible braces?

• Never give in.

♥ "Don't care about all the pain in front of me
    'Cause I'm just trying to be happy." ♥

• Under that tree again!

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    So the Oscars last night was pretty entertaining. I normally don't like Seth McFarlane's type of humor and it showed a bit through some of his jokes but for the most part, he did very well. He is very talented. And I loved the dancing segment with did with Daniel Radcliffe and Joseph Gordon-Levitt (I think it was Joseph Gordon-Levitt...)

I'm glad Quentin got his Oscar for Django Unchained and Christopher Waltz deserved his Oscar to. Still...I'm VERY upset that my Leo barely got a "thanks" from Quentin. No one else mentioned him but at least Quentin did.

And look at Argo...blowing Lincoln out of the water! Lincoln really didn't get to many Oscars and that was surprising.

And Jennifer Lawrence, fell while going up the steps to the stage to get her Oscar...oops! But her dress was ridiculously long and puffy at the bottom...I'm not surprised she did.

And I'm still trying to figure out what the point of the First Lady annoucing the Best Movie winner was...political or Hollywood? Meh either way..her dress was really pretty.

I didn't get to see them. Was Jennifers fall caught live? Was it bad or just slip?

Quentin makes pretty interesting movies, I saw a video of his acceptance. Few writers directors match the plots he puts together. Most rely on formulas to sell their show. It sounds like he thinked Leo, and Leo wasn't there. Maybe I'm wrong.

I think Argo got a boost, and pitty votes. I haven't seen it and won't until it's on TV. Lots of people were saying Argo got snubbed, then it wins tons of things.

I think having Michelle Obama was political and Argo winning so much too. Hollywood is clearly jewish, and that movie was about bad Iran.
    Be Cool Stay in School!
    Next year I'm trying for a summer internship at Stark Industries.