Re: RCMC #129 - We are on a mission!

Bleh blegh blargh.
    ♥ "Don't care about all the pain in front of me
    'Cause I'm just trying to be happy." ♥

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

My grandson hates getting his hair cut. When he was young, we would just tell them to buzz it all off. Now he loves growing it long. I don't mind it long. I just like it clean.

• What Time Taught Us

oh, and there's some major school-related mishaps going on. basically I found out that I mislabeled a class as fulfilling a requirement that it actually does not, rendering one class that I'm taking this quarter as totally purposeless. I'm now behind, so I have to take summer school FOR SURE, now. I can still graduate in the spring, though. it's all a pain, cause now I have to figure out a living situation for this summer.

thing is that now my whole schedule for next quarter moved around, and now I have to change classes that I already signed up for; however, my first pass expired on Thursday so all my stuff is frozen till my second pass, which is tomorrow evening. in the meantime I have to fret and sweat about the things I need filling up. one class is dangerously close, and there's still 28 hours to go...

and I'm going to be in disneyland tomorrow. -____- I can do it on a friend's phone, but I think the site will probably be a pain to navigate on a mobile.

but on the plus side, I'm going to be in disneyland tomorrow! lol. :P

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    I'm going to get my hair cut today, at a place I've never been to before. I've been mentally preparing myself for like an hour. lol. Getting my haircut always makes me really nervous. -____-

must be some kind of psychological thing related to fear of change or whatever. or I'm just superficial? idk but MY HAIR
    LOL, you're funny! I've never been emotional about my hair though, and it isn't something I understand.

oh, and there's some major school-related mishaps going on. basically I found out that I mislabeled a class as fulfilling a requirement that it actually does not, rendering one class that I'm taking this quarter as totally purposeless. I'm now behind, so I have to take summer school FOR SURE, now. I can still graduate in the spring, though. it's all a pain, cause now I have to figure out a living situation for this summer.

thing is that now my whole schedule for next quarter moved around, and now I have to change classes that I already signed up for; however, my first pass expired on Thursday so all my stuff is frozen till my second pass, which is tomorrow evening. in the meantime I have to fret and sweat about the things I need filling up. one class is dangerously close, and there's still 28 hours to go...

and I'm going to be in disneyland tomorrow. -____- I can do it on a friend's phone, but I think the site will probably be a pain to navigate on a mobile.

but on the plus side, I'm going to be in disneyland tomorrow! lol. :P
    What pass are you talking about? And where do you go to school? I'm slightly confused by your situation, actually...its SO not how it works where I go.

Anyway, good luck! And have fun at Disney!
    Signature courtesy of Poisonedapples

Wow. Quiet day today...I hope everyone in So. Cal is enjoying the beautiful weather.

• What Time Taught Us

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNimrodelle View Post
    LOL, you're funny! I've never been emotional about my hair though, and it isn't something I understand.

What pass are you talking about? And where do you go to school? I'm slightly confused by your situation, actually...its SO not how it works where I go.

Anyway, good luck! And have fun at Disney!
    for the hair thing, I think it's just that I'm so independent that I hate trusting other people to do things for me. lol.

I go to UCLA. basically your "pass" works like this:

everyone gets a first pass, based on your grade level. graduating seniors have the earliest "first" pass, then juniors, etc. During first pass you can sign up for classes that add up to a max of ten units. your first pass expires after a week.

then "second pass" begins after everyone's first pass is over, usually 8-10 days later. it's tiered the same way as first pass, with priority to the seniorts, etc. That's when you can sign up for as many things as you want.

basically it's just to ensure that everyone can get at least a couple classes they need without everything filling up on the first day. in my case, however, it didn't work out that great because I wasted my first pass on a class I have to switch out for something else. -___-

hopefully that makes sense. it usually works out very well for me.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I just keep my hair cut short. It's easier to manage. I did go curly for years, but my husband actually said that he just likes it naturally straight the way it is. So one less thing to worry about.

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

HELLO.......everyone

Jim
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

"Aunt PENGY"..........................JIM
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

for the hair thing, I think it's just that I'm so independent that I hate trusting other people to do things for me. lol.

I go to UCLA. basically your "pass" works like this:

everyone gets a first pass, based on your grade level. graduating seniors have the earliest "first" pass, then juniors, etc. During first pass you can sign up for classes that add up to a max of ten units. your first pass expires after a week.

then "second pass" begins after everyone's first pass is over, usually 8-10 days later. it's tiered the same way as first pass, with priority to the seniorts, etc. That's when you can sign up for as many things as you want.

basically it's just to ensure that everyone can get at least a couple classes they need without everything filling up on the first day. in my case, however, it didn't work out that great because I wasted my first pass on a class I have to switch out for something else. -___-

hopefully that makes sense. it usually works out very well for me.
    hmm...that is an interesting system, but I suppose it works, and is necessary for such a large school. Good luck to you with switching that out!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I just keep my hair cut short. It's easier to manage. I did go curly for years, but my husband actually said that he just likes it naturally straight the way it is. So one less thing to worry about.
    HAHA, I think I keep my hair so short because it's curly...naw, not just that, I just don't like having hair - its so much simpler to wake up and go than to wake up and spend 45 minutes with the blow dryer and flat iron...again, the curly hair thing just makes it a pain. But also, long hair gets caught in purse straps and car doors and...GAH! it makes me claustrophobic just thinking about all the ways it gets in the way.

Hi Jim we've missed you!

• Lord of the Sky

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    I also love the new, and revised quote.
    Barbaraann

THANK YOU...
    for doing the New Thread....

" "Just wondering what happine to all the name's" " ?
    Jim
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

• Never give in.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleman View Post
    HELLO.......everyone

Jim
    *taps foot* And where have you been?