Page 22 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1219202122232425324772122 ... LastLast

• Selfie Expert

Re: RCMC #129 - We are on a mission!

Where did everyone go?!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• What Time Taught Us

I had typed up a post earlier but then the site crashed. so that prompted me to finally do the homework I had put off all night, and now here I am. you guys missed out on a quality rant about one of my classes.

I'd like to keep you company during your shift Kelly, but I think I'm gonna head out early (for me) tonight. gotta get some sleep so I can get up at 8, and not skip my 9 AM class which, er, I totally NEVER DO...........

• Selfie Expert

Aw I'm sad I missed out on the rant, and even sadder you won't be staying up with me! You have a valid excuse, though, so I can't argue. Good night!!

• Selfie Expert

Kevin - I don't know if you'll see this but I'll ask before I forget - did you get the Dapper Day pin? (The metal Disney one, not the yellow button)

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Thank you!! I felt really amazing that day. I had to re-apply my lipstick constantly, and probably ate half of it since it kept going on my teeth. I'm also not used to wearing makeup so a couple times I smeared it... I'm not the classy type I guess lol

The highlight of my day was when my husband and I were waiting in line for Peter Pan, early in the day so not many Dappers were there, and this little girl in front of me kept staring at me. I waved and smiled at her, since I knew I obviously looked like a character or something out of the ordinary. Her mom turned around and said "My daughter just told me you're sooooo pretty and she wants to be just like you when she's big". I told her she just made my day!! Seriously, I almost cried, because I'm not the type to get a lot of random compliments.

Amazing day! I hope to be able to do it again!
    OK, I feel a little better that you struggled with the lipstick I have the hardest time with the stuff. Recently discovered lip stain, which is TONS easier, but I guess you can only ask so much of a lip product.

And I adore that story about the little girl...SO cute, and I'm not normally a fan of children.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Where did everyone go?!
    I fell asleep!!!! Oh well, I suppose. I'm up now, got my caffeine and everything so here I go until 8pm, when I thouroughly intend on crashing.
    Signature courtesy of Poisonedapples

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNimrodelle View Post
    OK, I feel a little better that you struggled with the lipstick I have the hardest time with the stuff. Recently discovered lip stain, which is TONS easier, but I guess you can only ask so much of a lip product.

I fell asleep!!!! Oh well, I suppose. I'm up now, got my caffeine and everything so here I go until 8pm, when I thouroughly intend on crashing.
    I never wear lipstick! I wear chapstick all the time, maybe gloss once in a while. I wanted to find a stain... next time! I loved the color the lipstick/gloss combo gave me but boy is that stuff high maintenance! Plus I always had it on my dang teeth.

Staying up until 8pm? That'll be rough!! I stayed up about 32 hours on Friday when we first got to Disneyland, but I had the fact that I was at the park motivating me to stay awake. I can't wait to get in bed in a few more hours.

I'm the same as far as only wearing chapstick and the occasional lip gloss. BUT if I care, Revlon makes a lip stain called Just Bitten that is actually pretty darn good, and only $8. Well, I should say the red color is good. Mom and I both like that one, but she tried out a different color and it wasn't NEARLY as good. IDK.

YUP. Gotta finish this homework and then be at work from 7:30am-7:30pm. Aren't you jealous?

• Selfie Expert

I'm the same as far as only wearing chapstick and the occasional lip gloss. BUT if I care, Revlon makes a lip stain called Just Bitten that is actually pretty darn good, and only $8. Well, I should say the red color is good. Mom and I both like that one, but she tried out a different color and it wasn't NEARLY as good. IDK.

YUP. Gotta finish this homework and then be at work from 7:30am-7:30pm. Aren't you jealous?
    I've actually heard of that stain. I should try it!

What homework are you working on? French? What job are you working those hours at? Gee I my 8pm-7am shift was rought, I think your's might be worse!

French for the moment, Govt. as soon as I'm done with the French.

Well, the schedule has to do with the fact that I am the manager (of the campus coffee shop) and my full-time employee worked her last shift on Friday...and the college, in their infinite wisdom, didn't hire anyone to replace her. So the girl I'm working with now is not fully trained and has a very bad attitude about having to work 8 hour shifts. Anyway, I can't leave her alone, so I'm pulling the 12 hour days all week this week. It isn't as bad as it sounds, but it isn't my favorite either. I'd still take my shift over yours though!

• Selfie Expert

French for the moment, Govt. as soon as I'm done with the French.

Well, the schedule has to do with the fact that I am the manager (of the campus coffee shop) and my full-time employee worked her last shift on Friday...and the college, in their infinite wisdom, didn't hire anyone to replace her. So the girl I'm working with now is not fully trained and has a very bad attitude about having to work 8 hour shifts. Anyway, I can't leave her alone, so I'm pulling the 12 hour days all week this week. It isn't as bad as it sounds, but it isn't my favorite either. I'd still take my shift over yours though!
    Oh yes, our company tends to suffer from infinite wisdom once in a while. Not fun. How many days a week do you have to work that shift?

Monday-Thursday, and 7:30a - 6p on Friday. It's just this week, though. They are cutting our hours of operation starting next week, so it'll just be 8am-5:30ish pm Monday-Friday.

• Selfie Expert

Well at least that will be a little closer to reasonable. Do they pay you overtime at least?

Sure do. Otherwise I wouldn't be so apathetic about it. I'm looking forward to this paycheck!

• Selfie Expert

I'll bet!! Overtime is the best! Getting that paycheck always makes it seems worth it, though while you're working it you're probably thinking, "Why did I do this to myself?!" haha

Right?? It's OK for now, but I think come Thursday night I'll want to shoot myself.